Author Topic: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy  (Read 52795 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Was excited to see Acid Rain pre-orders at EE until I saw that most prices are a bit more than BBTS. :(

Seems like that is because EE is bring them in via Toynami and maybe not direct like BBTS?  Nice to see Acid Rain somewhere else, maybe competition between EE and BBTS will get us lower prices eventually?  Nah, probably a pipe dream.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Nice to see but yeah they gotta try to make it competitive...  I'm anxious for those prototypes getting preorders.  The price scares me tho.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 01:53 AM »
See lotsa free shipping though, which is good, but really is only good if the prices were matching BBTS.  :-\  They kinda wipe each other out I guess, and my Pile O Loot will negate the free shipping at EE further.

Option for future orders though maybe, if I'm getting more than a few things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Jeff, and anyone else curious...  Besides the Raptor Pre-order, I just ordered the Mk2 Speeder...  Ugh.  I'd better get Bomb Girl. 

EDIT: And like that, murphy's law, something on backorder overseas came in so I now owe for that too.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:22 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 01:34 AM »
Just noticed that the EE pre-order for the Raptor mini-speeder hicky jiggy is actually the same price, plus free shipping, as BBTS's is with shipping costs added (even if you have a pile-o-loot going).  I may be cancelling my BBTS order on that and pre-ordering via EE then.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TNAR1440&id=JE-405087801

This makes me hopeful prices will be competitive.

EE's order says it comes in Oct., and BBTS is listing the Raptor for Sept., so it may just be that prices went up on the older items perhaps?  BBTS still has them listed for $10 less each, so that's the route to go on the Quad Eyes or Mk2 Speeder and any figures.  Though you can't get the Wings of Samothace thing at BBTS any longer.  I'm kind of shocked they'd list it at EE even since it's hand-made by the line's creator.

Anyway though, the Raptor's the same price plus free shipping so it's cheaper actually.  EE is the route to go.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:27 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Not Acid Rain, but this looks like it's up your alley Jesse
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 07:35 PM »
I actually saw that for pre-order overseas, and I was giddy until....

yeah, the price.  WOW was that price shocking, haha.  It shouldn't be though.  A 7" scale mech from Titanfall + a 7" scaled figure that fits inside, and is every bit as articulated and detailed as the mech is, is probably worth that.  :(

Outta my scale range though, thankfully. :P  If that were 4" I'd have messed my pants, and bought it, and openly wept while eating cereal for dinner for several months.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: September 3, 2014, 02:12 AM »
Got these...  The hype was real.  All of it, 100%, was real.

More to come.  :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: October 2, 2014, 02:15 AM »
I posted my first Acid Rain Toys breakdown on our front page...  I wanted to look at the Speeder Mark II first since it's the smaller vehicle out on the market right now.  I think you'll dig it though, despite the price.  It's not in everyone's wheelhouse financially, but if it is, you'll love having one of these (if not more) on your toy shelf!  Trust me on this.  :D

Clicky to check it out!

Let me say, several things that surprised me...

-The packaging was more interesting than I usually let happen to myself.
-The pack-in paperwork is insanely cool...  not expensive, but the fact they gave you this one little sheet of paper?  It's awesome. 
-The figure is shockingly poseable.  Far more poseable than any GI Joe or Star Wars figure I've ever posed.
-They go above and beyond to create something seamless that makes you think this is all you get, when in reality it does a whole lot more and hides that it does transform beautifully.

Also, it's maybe the most nicely engineered and designed toy I have ever held...  ever.  It's really worth the $ to me.  I think you will be more than pleasantly surprised as well.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2014, 10:31 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: November 1, 2014, 01:41 AM »
Noticed tonight that a whole slew of Acid Rain stuff has landed at Entertainment Earth.  Should make a certain staffer here pretty happy, I think.  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Giggity!  :D

Seriously considering an Argurts Infantry now for completion's sake.  I have the Sol Commander and I like him more than I imagined.  I'm not a Joe articulation guy, but I'm looking forward to the Bucks Team they're working on too.  They are apparently a full team of figures, so they're a bit more interesting in that regard too.

Army building at the price is unrealistic, but one of each never hurt. ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 3, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Giggity!  :D

Seriously considering an Argurts Infantry now for completion's sake.  I have the Sol Commander and I like him more than I imagined.  I'm not a Joe articulation guy, but I'm looking forward to the Bucks Team they're working on too.  They are apparently a full team of figures, so they're a bit more interesting in that regard too.

Army building at the price is unrealistic, but one of each never hurt. ;)

Definitely get an Augurts Jesse... that is one badass figure right there!

I actually ended up selling off (for a pretty penny) the Winged Victory set and Augurts figure shortly after I got them during the summer, just because I was "afraid" of getting sucked into another line. Just last week though I stumbled upon an eBay listing for a Winged Victory set plus an extra Sol Commander for sixty bucks, so I had to pull the trigger on it. With that deal and the upcoming Bucks team and Laurels I may very well stick with the line... this stuff is getting way too cool!

I also got to handle both the Speeder and Quad Eyes at a collector meet-up last month, and I was blown away by both. Online pictures don't do the detailing justice. Those are definitely on my wish list for when I have unlimited cash and display space.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: November 4, 2014, 12:07 AM »
I tried hard to show people the little stuff they do to the vehicles to make you WANT to play with them, and not just set them on a shelf!

I mean, they plug screw holes (these aren't your Hasbro vehicles folks) with hand-holds, and little hooks/holes/loops to add stowage, ropes, scale chain, backpacks, whatever...  You could hang your prisoners on them, whatever you wanted.

It's small details like that, which really floor me. 

I just did up a Quad Eyes photo shoot in my little weird space backdrop I've also been enjoying (on my Twitter Account, as well as any picture I take of a toy at this point, haha).  The Quad Eyes takes the Mk2 Speeder to a whole new level...  plus electronic.  Small electronics, but electronic nonetheless.

These mesh with Star Wars perfectly, the company gives a huge hoot about collectors...   It's really a line Star Wars collectors, the ones who nitpick details anyway, would love I believe.  It has that "World War 2 Sci Fi" vibe.

The Laurels...  Good god they cannot get those made fast enough!

I'm probably ordering Argurts soon.  I didn't want sucked into the figures too, just vehicles, but the figures are getting me.

I'd love to see this universe translated into a comic book or something.  Hell, a cartoon even.  It'd make such a good graphic novel or anime.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: November 4, 2014, 03:20 AM »
BTW I see there's a painted laurel...  production?  Seems like Bucks Team are in some kind of production for an Asian toy/convention, as well as a sketch of a new "Fox Team" character...  A woman, with a crossbow, and a fox deco gas mask. 

The line's creator is up to his ears with creating this universe.  I give him credit.  I wish he'd put it to a cohesive story and put some of that out there.  He's got some of the groundwork laid out, but there is a lot more needs done to explain who is who, what's what, and who/what are where I think.  Hell, just a full map of Earth as it is in that universe, would be helpful.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 08:05 PM »

Yes, that Laurel is a thing of beauty!!!!!!!! :)

This was pilfered from their Instagram btw.  They post a good deal of pics there, but otherwise getting info on this line is like pulling teeth.