Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Tamashii (Bandai) S.H.Figuarts Star Wars Figures

<< < (2/21) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on November 11, 2014, 11:31 PM ---I don't really understand the difference though between these, and like those kit figures we've seen too that are available on pre-order places for fair prices.
--- End quote ---

The S.H. Figuarts figures are action figures.  High quality, fully painted, uber-articulated action figures.  The S.H. Figuarts are put out through Bandai's Tamashi Nations brand which represents their top quality figures for collectors.

The others, the 1/12 Vader and Stormtrooper are model kit figures.  Injection molded, cut it from the sprue and assemble it yourself, model kit.  Complete with water transfer decal kit and Tetoron sealant.  NOT for someone looking to open a package and stick a figure on a shelf.

Jesse James:
OK, making sense...  The kit figures look really good, built and everything.  I can't imagine they'd be real complex.  I wonder if they'll jive well with TBS 6" stuff at all, or no.  I think that'll be really interesting to see.

I'm still tempted to buy one of those kit Stormtroopers just to have on a shelf...  I've opted out of 6" TBS stuff yet these figures could totally get me hooked in.

Diddly:
Yeah, these figures look better than anything offered by Hasbro or Mattel. I'll probably wind up importing some, but it'll be tough picking between the Bandai Vader and the Revoltech Vader with the funky ball joint cape.

Jeff:
Bandai SH Figuarts Updates!

- Darth Vader is due in April 2015; 5940 Yen
- Stormtrooper is due in April 2015; 4320 Yen
- Jedi Luke is due Summer 2015; price TBD

One of my favorite things about Tamashii Nations group is that they love making environment/set pieces to go with the SH figures...  check this out:

No detail yet other than it should arrive Summer 2015 too!

JesseVader08:
That display background is very cool!  I'll definitely have to look into it when I preorder my Vader.  Thanks for the update Jeff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version