Collectibles > The Force Awakens

Toy Fair 2016

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jesse James:
Toy Ark had some interesting things revealed on their forums...  3.75" figures, 6" figures, an AT-AT with a pop-up nerf feature ala the Falcon (smaller than the BFATAT), and a TIE Fighter that may or may not be akin to the ones previewed in Season 2 of Star Wars: Rebels...  Kinda bent wings.

Seems interesting.  Assuming we still won't get good 3.75" figures outside of an exclusive line, if at all, but overall sounds like a neat group of toys being shown.  I'm kind of surprised they have anything for this at TF at all.

I wasn't able to go to TF this year either due to some things that have come up for me too.  *shrugs*

Would like to get back to the show next year maybe...  hopefully. :(

Saw the comments on this on Disqust after Yakface.com posted it, and it's funny that all people could do was complain about stuff they can't even see, and bitch about TFA products they won't get.  Wow.  :-X

Rob:
If we don't see Luke and Leia action figures...

Jesse James:
Meh, I'll live.  I want Luke, but Leia's take it or leave it to me.  Luke would be only thing I'm disappointed about, maybe.  But at the same time who knows what they have planned before then too.  Lotta time to September, assuming the release schedules stick for these new films.

Brian:
It's a little disappointing to see the "small presence" comments regarding their Toy Fair showing this weekend. I realize the line has changed a lot over the years, but I remember so looking forward to this time each year, and seeing at least a couple waves or something exciting/surprising come out of Toy Fair (and Comic Con). We haven't had that for awhile one, but I thought with the huge success of Force Awakens we would maybe get back to those type of times again. It would be interesting to go back and look at coverage from like 2005-2010 times and see what was revealed then in comparison.

Jesse James:
The small presence is for the sites... I'm sure in the important meetings, with retailers/buyers, things are different.  They always are.  But just as they go to USA Today when they really want publicity, they also know giving too much to the collector sites is sort of a hodgepodge of "publicity" (some good, and some [most] bad), and not worth their time to do it.

You'll get a lot of lips on ******** this time of year, but in a week it's back to the same ole same ole.  Why bother with the small audiences when you can just give it to USA Today, who are ecstatic to take it, and promote it to a vastly larger (and less biased) audience? 

The "small presence" thing is likely to continue for a long while I'd imagine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version