Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Stranger Things - Netflix

<< < (2/15) > >>

Rob:
I might be the only one but I thought Stranger Things was massively overhyped.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it.  But I didn't think it was any better than any of the stories and properties it was paying homage to, or any better than any of the other recent nostalgia trips like Super 8.  I enjoyed it, but ultimately it wasn't much more than heavy nostalgia.  Talking to friends and co-workers or reading about it online you'd think it was the next Star Wars. 

I'll happily watch season 2 and hope it builds on what they've got going, I just don't see how it's as amazing as everyone keeps telling me it is.

Matt_Fury:
I thoroughly enjoyed it.  That series was everything Super 8 failed at.

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on August 16, 2016, 12:11 PM ---I thoroughly enjoyed it.  That series was everything Super 8 failed at.

--- End quote ---

Ouch.

I was planning to watch this but I thought Super 8 was terrific, so maybe this is not for me.  ???

Rob:

--- Quote from: McMetal on August 16, 2016, 03:17 PM ---I was planning to watch this but I thought Super 8 was terrific, so maybe this is not for me.  ???

--- End quote ---

Super 8 was the closest I'd felt to watching the Goonies for the first time in as long as I can remember.  I loved it. 

And I enjoyed Stranger Things plenty.  I'd say watch and enjoy it, but don't have through-the-roof expectations. 

Darby:
Super 8 is good. It's biggest problem is it doesn't capitalize on its own story, which is a running theme with most of JJ Abrams films.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version