Author Topic: Black Series 6" Holiday Repaint Figures  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 6" Holiday Repaint Figures
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 09:48 AM »
Well, that's the internet for you!  People just LOVE to overreact.  It's become a spectator sport.

Regarding the style of the Black Series?  I look back to one of the first articles that was written about the line when it was launched in 2013:

"Our focus here is the adult collector, the dad," DePriest says. "We know they have their own generation of youngsters they like to share the adventure with. It can be something for dad, and the 3¾ world can be something for the kids to share."
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Amazon Holiday Stormtrooper is available again for Preorder if anyone missed out the first time around, like me.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 09:55 AM »
Finally got my hands on one of these this weekend when my GameStop order showed up early. Goofy for sure but I really kind of like these. I’ve always been a sucker for weird color variants and prototypes etc.

Also got a “preorder is imminent” email from Best Buy so that one should be on the way soon too.  :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 02:29 PM »
These are... weird, but I don't hate them THAT much. Unfortunately I have got to cut back somewhere, which makes these perfectly skippable.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 1, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Didn’t feel like going out today but I just ordered the Target holiday trooper off their website with the Free PickUp in store option, and with the 25% off Circle deal it was less than $20!  :)

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I will pick it up then. Happy birthday to me!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2020, 04:50 PM »
I am trying to figure out what clearance price would be tempting enough for me to buy any of these.  Would you buy them for $10 or $5?  I might be tempted to pick one up at $5 just for parts or customizing some day.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2020, 05:38 PM »
I am trying to figure out what clearance price would be tempting enough for me to buy any of these.  Would you buy them for $10 or $5?  I might be tempted to pick one up at $5 just for parts or customizing some day.

I've thought that same thing.  If I found one for 50% off would I buy it?  Probably not.  70% off?  Maybe.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 3, 2020, 12:47 PM »

I've thought that same thing.  If I found one for 50% off would I buy it?  Probably not.  70% off?  Maybe.

Saw one of these at Apple Valley Target today next to two R4s.  Equally unimpressive in person.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2020, 01:51 PM »
I disagree. I think it's a fun set. Now that being said not enough to pay $25 apiece for all of them.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 4, 2020, 04:30 PM »
I disagree. I think it's a fun set. Now that being said not enough to pay $25 apiece for all of them.

Hence my question above...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 4, 2020, 04:34 PM »

Hence my question above...

I believe you said you might pick one up for $5 to customize. I like them more than that. Bought Target's. Have Amazon's on pre order and will skip the rest because Hasbro has been crazy lately hence my disagreement.....
« Last Edit: November 4, 2020, 04:35 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 4, 2020, 04:58 PM »
I believe you said you might pick one up for $5 to customize. I like them more than that. Bought Target's. Have Amazon's on pre order and will skip the rest because Hasbro has been crazy lately hence my disagreement.....

I see.  I'm not willing to come close to full price for any of these, but might scoop them up for $5-8 on clearance.  Almost hope I don't find them for that.  They're interesting, but Star Wars and Christmas mashed together just feels odd to me.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2020, 06:03 PM »

I see.  I'm not willing to come close to full price for any of these, but might scoop them up for $5-8 on clearance.  Almost hope I don't find them for that.  They're interesting, but Star Wars and Christmas mashed together just feels odd to me.

It is odd. I think it's so odd and so gaudy that I like it. But I'm not surprised at all that they aren't for everyone. And I'm betting you will be able to find them for 70% off.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 4, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Are you guys ready for more frustration trying to track down another round of exclusive 6" Holiday Repaint/Kitbash Figures?  Jayson's saying Amazon and Walmart each have one for sure, maybe more.  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 4, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Are you guys ready for more frustration trying to track down another round of exclusive 6" Holiday Repaint/Kitbash Figures?  Jayson's saying Amazon and Walmart each have one for sure, maybe more.  :-X

I'm ready to pass on them like I did last year, unless of course they make something a lot more interesting than they made last year, but I'm assuming these will be like last years and I'll pass.