Author Topic: Black Series 6" Holiday Repaint Figures  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 6" Holiday Repaint Figures
« Reply #45 on: January 6, 2022, 01:38 PM »
Did any of these end up showing up anywhere???  Are we going to get Christmas repaints for Valentines Day?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Let's not give the Hasbro team any ideas.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 7, 2022, 09:53 AM »
Did any of these end up showing up anywhere???  Are we going to get Christmas repaints for Valentines Day?

I was wondering the same thing.  Haven't seen any sign of people finding them at retail or even preorders.  I thought maybe I misunderstood and they were planned for next Christmas...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: January 7, 2022, 10:37 AM »
I thought maybe I misunderstood and they were planned for next Christmas...

These were definitely planned for this Christmas, but the shipping fiasco screwed them getting these into the USA before Christmas. 

Jayson says some of these have started to hit Hasbro warehouses stateside now (and some have turned up at some of those scalper shops that "find" things early from contacts at the ports), so it'll be interesting to see what they do.  Are Target/Amazon/Walmart going to want a new Christmas item now?  Will they try a "Christmas in July" type thing for con season on Pulse this summer?  Are they willing to just sit on the product so it's ready for next November?

No one really knows, especially since Hasbro never even officially announced/revealed them in the first place.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 7, 2022, 10:51 AM »
I guess that is the challenge with seasonal themed items. 

If a case of regular Bo-Katan figure is 8 weeks late it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure the retailers don't want Christmas stuff in February. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2022, 12:56 PM »
2021 2022 Happy Holiday Edition Figures finally heading to retail soon...

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES WOOKIEE (HOLIDAY EDITION)
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $27.99 / Available: Fall 2022
Shaggy giants like Chewbacca come from an arboreal world, the tall and commanding Wookiee species is an impressive sight to even the most jaded spacer.  STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale WOOKIEE (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included Porg toy and bowcaster accessory; and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 2 figures and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory. Available at GameStop starting on 11/1.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES PROTOCOL DROID (HOLIDAY EDITION)
 Protocol droids like C-3PO are vital in smoothing differences encountered by the many farflung cultures interacting on a regular basis throughout the galaxy. Most are humanoid, like the company they keep. STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale PROTOCOL DROID (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included BD droid toy and holiday scarf; and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 2 figures and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory. Available at Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore starting on 11/1.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES MANDALORIAN WARRIOR (HOLIDAY EDITION)
The warrior clans of Mandalore were believed to have been wiped out ages ago, but their ways were resurrected, and with them, their legendary combat armor that was feared across the galaxy. STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale MANDALORIAN WARRIOR (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included bogling toy and Amban blaster accessory; and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 2 figures and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory. Available at Target starting on 11/16.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION)
Members of this new generation of stormtroopers are trained from birth, growing up with unit designations instead of names and fed a steady diet of First Order propaganda to ensure loyalty. STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included mouse droid toy and blaster accessory; and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 2 figures and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory. Available for pre-order on Amazon 10/25 at 1PM ET.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES SCOUT TROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION)
Scout Troopers were lightly armored compared with other stormtroopers, which allowed them to move more quickly and easily in a range of environments. STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale SCOUT TROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included Grogu in holiday-themed bag toy and blaster accessory; and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 1 figure and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories. Available at Walmart starting on 11/1.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES PHASE II CLONE TROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION)
Clone Troopers were so symbolic of the times, the galaxy-wide conflict that saw their debut took its name from their ranks: The Clone Wars. STAR WARS fans and collectors can celebrate the season and imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this special 6-inch scale PHASE II CLONE TROOPER (HOLIDAY EDITION) figure, featuring holiday-themed deco and packaging. The figure comes with an included Porg toy and makes a great gift for kids, 4 and up. Includes 2 figures and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory. Available at Hasbro Pulse and Shop Disney starting on 11/1.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 01:10 PM by Jeff »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2022, 03:29 PM »
I was a “pass” a year ago and am now a “hard pass”.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2022, 06:09 PM »
What’s with the Clone Trooper?  Is the color a tribute to Mr Hanky, the Christmas Poo???
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2022, 07:42 PM »
He's a Gingerbread Man...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2022, 05:32 PM »
I feel like the Clone Deco is a pretty close match to the Geonosis color scheme, so may be worth getting a few of him.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 7, 2023, 10:11 AM »
2023 begins...

Amazon Mandalorian Scout (Holiday Edition) pre-order -> https://amzn.to/45Ga7Qh #ad #sponsoredlink

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 7, 2023, 10:24 AM »
Was it ever actually In Stock? As much as people complain about these things I would be irritated if it really sold out that fast.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: September 7, 2023, 10:37 AM »
Yes, it was.  Not sure if it "sold out" or if someone realized it wasn't supposed to be active yet...

edit:
It is now after 1pm ET (when it was supposed to go live) and it is still showing out of stock.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 7, 2023, 01:50 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: September 7, 2023, 01:40 PM »
Hasbro Pulse now has more of the 2023 editions for pre-order:
- 2023 Ewok (Holiday Edition)
- 2023 Jawa & Salacious B. Crumb (Holiday Edition)
- 2023 Purge Trooper (Holiday Edition)

edit:
Also at EE:
- 2023 Jawa & Salacious B. Crumb (Holiday Edition) -> https://ee.toys/4OKUXL
- 2023 Purge Trooper (Holiday Edition) -> https://ee.toys/6GUYG3
#ad #sponsored links

Have not seen links for the Target Snowtrooper or Walmart Security Droid yet...
« Last Edit: September 7, 2023, 01:52 PM by Jeff »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 8, 2023, 11:07 AM »
Its surprising to me that these holiday repaints keep getting made, year after year.  I thought they were marginally cute at first, but now it just seems overdone, greedy, and lame.  (Sorry to those that will buy these year in an year out and love them - not just for completism)