Collectibles > Kenner Retro Collection

2023 Kenner Retro Collection - ANH Collectible 6-Pack #2

<< < (2/6) > >>

Muftak:

--- Quote from: Rob on July 24, 2022, 10:56 AM ---There’s no excuse.  It’s highway robbery for retro to cost the same thing as TVC.  Hell, that’s actually almost a dollar more each than the three super-articulated TVC preorders yesterday.

--- End quote ---

It's Super7 pricing without the Super7 quirky lineup. I would much rather pay premium for unrealized Kenner OT figures than a Death Squad Commando they can't sell in a store because of the name pill.

Artoo and Threepio could be released in huge numbers in 2-packs or whatever to pay for those molds. And then Hasbro could turn around and make any number of other droids off the molds (see Stan Solo.)

Jawas and Sand People in 2-packs/Mandalorian cards would also be easy sales. 

There is no reason for these figures to not have a plan in place to amortize the molds.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Muftak on July 24, 2022, 11:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: P-Siddy on July 24, 2022, 11:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2022, 12:18 AM ---[
STAR WARS RETRO COLLECTION STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE COLLECTIBLE MULTIPACK
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $94.99/Available: Spring 2023)

--- End quote ---

When do these go up?

--- End quote ---

They said they will announce the order date at a later time.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Rob on July 24, 2022, 10:56 AM ---There’s no excuse.  It’s highway robbery for retro to cost the same thing as TVC.  Hell, that’s actually almost a dollar more each than the three super-articulated TVC preorders yesterday.

--- End quote ---

I thought the Highway Robbery was Hasbro offering Slave One yet again in 2023 when they had just offered it in 2020, for $50 more, and now with a pack-in figure.

Rob:
It’s both.  Between that, the $16.99 repaints and the $27 “deluxe” Fett.  I’m worried that Hasbro is testing what they can get away with and finding that they can get away with a lot.

Rob:

--- Quote from: Muftak on July 24, 2022, 11:53 AM ---It's Super7 pricing without the Super7 quirky lineup.

--- End quote ---

Over the course of like 4 years, Super 7 went from $9.99 with Funko, to $14.99 by themselves, to $18, and I read the other day that some of the new preorders are showing up at $19.50.

At $18, I quit and never looked back.  I love that line... but with tax and shipping I was paying $23+ for a single figure from them, they don't have sales, or clubs, or free shipping with purchases over X... they are just expensive. 

It seems to have worked for them, but at some point the value just wasn't there for what you get.  For me at least... 

Now with Hasbro in a similar span, 5-POA went from like $6.99 or $7.99 with Solo, to $9.99 for Retro, and now they're seemingly randomly pried between $10.99 and about $16 each for these guys. 

I could be wrong, but at the speed this stuff is jumping, it just feels like gouging and greed more than necessary costs due to supply chain issues and Covid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version