Author Topic: Friday Night Out - The OT version!  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Youngling
  • I'm a photonovelist!
    • View Profile
Friday Night Out - The OT version!
« on: April 13, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Hello there. Don't be afraid...

Yeah, so, um...hi. I'm Phoenix, a (bad) photonovelist from Rebelscum. I'm fairly new to these forums but I've been lurking some time. ;)

And here's a funny photonovel for you by me:

Friday Night Out - The Original Trilogy Version!

Chalmun's Cantina certainly isn't the only cantina where Han Solo hangs out...but what happens when he, Lando and Chewie enter to a karaoke bar?

Lando Calrissian: Volga, volgaa....ehh...ummm....voihan perkele, en nyt muista sanojaaaaaa....
Boba Fett: Please! That's just plain awful!

KICK!
Lando: Oww...
Boba: And now, I'm going to sing a good song!

Han Solo: Are you all right, Lando?
Lando: I will be after this drink.
Boba Fett:  ...mietin kuinka paljon menetin...oh yeah!

Han: Get lost, Fett. You can't sing, either. But now, you're going to see and hear something so awesome...
Darth Vader: Han Solo singing? Doesn't sound like a good idea...
Han Solo: ...shellillä öisen Parkanon....

Vader: Your voice is more horrible than The Emperor's, Solo!
Han: Gag...argh...choke...urr...
Chewbacca: Ruurruuu!
Lando: Easy, Chewie, easy!

Han: Cough...cough...
Vader: No need to cover your ears, people! Because I have a voice like no other!
Chewbacca: Grraah!
Vader: Shut up, wookie. And now! Ei tippa tapa, ei ämpäriin huku...

Chewbacca: Raaawwh! Ruururruu!
Vader: Hey! Let me go!
Lando: You're right, Chewie. It was awful.

And just as a side note, the songs sanged by the characters are some Finnish songs.

"Ei tippa tapa" (A drop doesn't kill) is probably the most famous of these songs. (The voice sample is a "bad karaoke" version of the song...)

"Volga" is also a good song, but the version that Lando sings is a "bad karaoke" version of the real song.

"Parkanon Shellillä" (In the Shell of Parkano, [lyrics: ...shellillä öisen Parkanon...] is a new song by Finnish artist Simo Silmu (and I like this guy's voice!). The "Shell" is a gas station and Parkano is a city/town in Finland. And this song is sang by the original artist, no need to be afraid of hearing more "bad karaoke" versions of songs.

You really did not understand what I just explained to you? Good.
By the way, click on the song's name if you want to hear a small sample of the song. When a new window opens up, there's a play button. Just click it.

(Yes, this photonovel was made for fun and for your education; now you know a bit more about Finnish songs! Lol.)

EDIT: I totally forgot Boba's song - Punaiset on silmät (The eyes are red) - from the list. It's also a "bad karaoke" version of a song called "Sininen ja valkoinen" (Blue and white), but it's kinda funny. Oh well, you really do not understand what's the point of listing these songs and telling you about Finland, do you? ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:57 AM by Phoenix »
This space intentionally left blank.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Friday Night Out - The OT version!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Phoenix!  First off, welcome to JD.  It's good to see you here.

Also, don't ever, ever think you do bad work.  I like your sense of humor and your dedication to working on your stories.

This one is another entertaining work from you and really you took some great pics here!  Did you get a new camera?  The pics look very much more crisp and clear.  Pretty entertaining too.

Welcome, hope to see more new photonovels from you and feel free to make yourself at home in the customs section and the rest of the site too.

:)

Offline Phoenix

• Youngling
  • I'm a photonovelist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57 PM »
CHEWIE: Thanks for the comments. :D

Nice to hear a good comment from the Grand Master of Photonovels, a.k.a CHEWIE. I really don't think that this was so funny, but it had a bit of humor in it, too. ;)

No, I don't have a new camera. The original Friday Night Out, like the CTU seasons, were shoot with my current camera, Olympus MJU-mini 5.0 megapixel. I got it early in February, if memory serves me correct. Well, some photos are better than other and I personally tought that these are pretty good photos. At least thery're better than the disaster known as the Galactic Mafia...
This space intentionally left blank.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Very nice.  Everyone needs a trip to the cantina.  Maybe we can get some dancing girls too!