Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)  (Read 54257 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)
« Reply #195 on: April 4, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Star Wars: Ashoka Tales
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Rewatched the ending - Ahsoka is standing at the mouth of a cave right after we see Vader, so she's still alive at this point. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2016, 12:52 AM »
If you don't die by falling into a bottomless pit after being cut in half...then no one is dead.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Rewatched the ending - Ahsoka is standing at the mouth of a cave right after we see Vader, so she's still alive at this point.

Just watched the episode again.  I think the fate of Ahsoka is rather ambiguous at the moment.  We see her from afar in the mouth of the cave and then she disappears...someone mentioned she descends or it could be she collapses. It's like she falls to her knees and then all the way flat.  To me, just from Ezra and the Ghost's crews emotions along with the soundtrack, it seems like a hero's sacrifice.

I guess we'll find out in the next season what happened.  If Maul can survive, anyone can.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42 PM »
She seems to walk into a tunnel entrance - did you see her fall versus walk after the owl scene?  I think the rest of the Rebels think she is dead given the base exploded with her in it, which really should have been the death of both her and Vader.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:43 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2016, 04:52 PM »
She either descends into darkness of the temple or falls to her knees and then face plants it.  She's too small in the scene to know for certain, but I watched that part a couple times and her movements are "jerky" not smooth in motion... So I guess steps (which we can't see) or death scene, or maybe simply tired? 

But yeah, they should be dead in that explosion.  Maybe both she and Vader used all their Force powers to create a shield? 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2016, 05:16 PM »
I thought we were seeing a Force ghost of her disappear.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2016, 05:28 PM »
I thought we were seeing a Force ghost of her disappear.

I would hope that if she died that it would have been obvious and there could be some more meaning behind her death.  e.g. she sacrificed herself for Kanan and Ezra, and then when she dies she appears as a force ghost or something.

I only watched it once, but as far as the "explosion of the temple" went - I thought it was more like an electromagnetic pulse, or something that maybe wasn't super destructive.  As others have said, if Maul can survive everything he has, then Ahsoka can survive a temple explosion.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Narratively she is 'dead' to the Rebels cast - if she were literally dead, there would be a body, and as others have stated, dying is a hard thing to do for some of these people. The door has been left wide open - wide enough for her to walk through, which she did - for her to return later down the line. Fiolini has mentioned in a few interviews her story at least in relation to the Rebels series is over, but he's already thought ahead to the future. The ambiguity I suspect is to create some mystery around her next appearance (movies?), and to preserve some of Vader's mystique. We get the fabled fight between master and apprentice that people have forecasted for years as her downfall and we get at least the impression of her not walking away, though, again, she literally walks away.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2016, 10:38 AM »
Season 2 DVD/Blu-Ray is out today.  Anybody see in extra good deals on this?