Author Topic: Amazon Exclusive TVC Bad Batch Figure 4-Pack  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Amazon Exclusive TVC Bad Batch Figure 4-Pack
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2022, 04:25 AM »
My set came in today and my opinion hasn’t really changed on it.  The set is a nice exclusive set of unique clones.  The Rex is pretty fantastic in general and I’d love to have a phase I Rex now more than ever, and a Rebels Rex.  The Rex replacement 501st commander has a cool headsculpt, and the commander who I believe gets arrested helping the Syndullas are pretty cool additions.  The elite clone is cool too and the deco is a weirdly spot on finish to the animation.  I really like how he turned out but it makes you want a squad of him too.

All the helmets are……. Snug haha.  But they’re nice and sturdy helmets, and imo the overall clone sculpt holds up well still.  I do wish we’d see clone wars cartoon troopers/commanders updated in TVC more now though.  Cody Phase I and II are my primary wants given how nicely done clone commanders are now.  Bly would be up there too.

But yeah, def want the bad batch and Omega at this point.  I enjoyed that show and storyline a lot more than I thought I would.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Yeah I like the Rex quite a bit, and it's nice to finally have a good version of him. But I don't like the binoculars rangefinder they gave him. I don't think he even has that in the show, does he? I may cut mine off and leave just the regular rangefinder.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2022, 11:52 PM »
I do not recall now how he looks in the BB.  Or at the end of tcw.  That’s a pretty solid point on the binocs though they didn’t bother me a lot.  I probably have another helmet somewhere or the other Rex I can swap buckets or something.

The cloth poncho thing was a highlight.  Details and stuff.  Reminds me of a cutscene from a game of Mon Mothma meeting a defector with armed guards in similar robes, all cloak and daggery. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2022, 09:30 AM »
Agreed. He's the highlight of the set for sure, and really the main reason I bought it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2022, 04:58 PM »
These guys are back up on Amazon, available for Buy Now (direct from Amazon at the original retail price)

https://amzn.to/3xsFfB4

(Jeff, feel free to replace that with the JD affiliate link :) )
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 09:15 AM by Jeff »
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2022, 05:23 PM »
Ordered. Thanks for the heads-up!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2022, 06:40 PM »
I got one too, thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Ugh...I'm tempted to order, but I really only want Rex to customize. I might just wait to see if he shows up single carded.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2022, 06:34 PM »
For those that opened this set, does the helmet come off of the Elite Squad Trooper? Mine seems to be glued on? Given that it is just a clone headsculpt painted the same color as the armor I guess it doesn't really matter...
"This is the way."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2022, 11:02 PM »
It is intended to be glued down. People who got early loose ones from Tunghori have versions with removable helmets, and nondecoed heads underneath.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2022, 11:02 AM »
It seems that there might be some confusion about the Elite Squad Troopers.  There are rumors that originally the Squad members were intended to be clones who were loyal to the Empire.  But in The Bad Batch series we see that the Elite Squad is actually made up of human soldiers who wear that blacked out phase 2 Clone Trooper armor.  But that's just looking at it from the standpoint of the characters in the show.

For the purposes of Hasbro?  I think this was simply a case of them using the current phase 2 Clone Trooper buck with the new heads.  I'm fairly certain the one image I saw of the figure with the helmet removed showed that it's the same head sculpt that was used for Rex and Captain Grey.  I think if we expect to get the Elite Squad members with their individual head sculpts we might see those in a Troop Builder 4-pack.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2022, 12:49 PM »
It seems that there might be some confusion about the Elite Squad Troopers.  There are rumors that originally the Squad members were intended to be clones who were loyal to the Empire.  But in The Bad Batch series we see that the Elite Squad is actually made up of human soldiers who wear that blacked out phase 2 Clone Trooper armor.  But that's just looking at it from the standpoint of the characters in the show.

For the purposes of Hasbro?  I think this was simply a case of them using the current phase 2 Clone Trooper buck with the new heads.  I'm fairly certain the one image I saw of the figure with the helmet removed showed that it's the same head sculpt that was used for Rex and Captain Grey.  I think if we expect to get the Elite Squad members with their individual head sculpts we might see those in a Troop Builder 4-pack.

Yeah that was primarily why I was asking. I was hoping it'd be easier to do a headswap with some normal humans, since these guys aren't clones. I wonder if someone at Hasbro just saw some early Bad Batch promo images where these guys only ever shown with their helmets on? It'd have been pretty easy to assume they were clones without any additional context. then by the time they learned more it was too late to tool a new headsculpt so they just decided to go with the helmet color and glue it down?

I did find this image on BanthaSkull, looks to maybe be a slightly different headsculpt than Rex and Grey? He seems to have a little more of a snarl in his expression, but that could just be an illusion from the coloring I suppose:

All of that is kind off moot though, as I don't really plan on getting many (if any) extras of the figure since it currently only comes in an expensive multipack with 2-3 other figures I wouldn't want multiples of, Tunghori doesn't have them at a cheap price, and I don't love the VC45 sculpt to begin with.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2022, 01:28 PM »
The Elite Trooper head definitely looks like he's scowling compared to Rex.  I wonder what it would look like with the photo real paint apps?

But I've got my Bad Batch clones here at my desk.  And lots of the lines on the face of the Elite trooper match up with the Captain Grey figure I have next to my laptop.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2022, 03:48 PM »
The Elite Trooper head definitely looks like he's scowling compared to Rex.  I wonder what it would look like with the photo real paint apps?

But I've got my Bad Batch clones here at my desk.  And lots of the lines on the face of the Elite trooper match up with the Captain Grey figure I have next to my laptop.

Where you see scowling, I see constipation.   :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:55 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2022, 04:57 PM »

Were you see scowling, I see constipation.   :D

It's hard to get all that armor off. After constantly holding it in for hours, you would self constipate too.
"This is the way."