Author Topic: What you talkin' 'bout Gray Davis  (Read 6321 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: What you talkin' 'bout Gray Davis
« Reply #30 on: October 7, 2003, 11:40 PM »
Arnold will be just as good as Jesse Ventura.  
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: October 7, 2003, 11:44 PM »
Arnold will be just as good as Jesse Ventura.  
No way in hell, Jesse like I said had some Political Background before he was Governor.  Arnold made movies and was elected because he was a celebrity.  And for the record, Jesse was horrible

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: October 7, 2003, 11:48 PM »
Da' Gropinatah!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2003, 12:21 AM »
Scott, my comment was supposed to be taken in a sarcastic way.   8)
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2003, 12:53 AM »
Scott, Arnold has (from what I seen/read) business expreince and has run and operated business in the past, Planet Hollywood (yes I know its brankrupt) and other events and things.  I voted for Aronld because I didn't want another political going around and selling the state office like Davis has in his term of office.  Will I vote for Arnold in the next election probally not and I hope he doesn't run for a second term and lets someone else runs like Tom McKentock.  I'm just glad that this state may be able to turn in the right direction with the problems we have like hte fact we will run out of cash in 6 months. :o  
Just my 2cents.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2003, 09:29 PM »
Each Governor of Minnesota gets an Official Portrait which is then displayed in the Capital Building.  Here is The Body's...notice the black clouds, him standing taller than the Capital Building resting his hand on a statue of the the thinker.  I seriously laughed out loud, and I usually don't laugh out loud at stuff

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2003, 09:50 PM »
Each Governor of Minnesota gets an Official Portrait which is then displayed in the Capital Building.  Here is The Body's...notice the black clouds, him standing taller than the Capital Building resting his hand on a statue of the the thinker.  I seriously laughed out loud, and I usually don't laugh out loud at stuff

That--that's real?  

Oh my God, that's the most pompous (and unintentionally silly) thing I've seen since like an early '80's Styx album cover or something. . .

Good Lord. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2003, 09:55 PM »

Here is his wife at today's unveiling

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2003, 10:12 PM »
You people are nuts, up in the land of 10,000 lakes, boy. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2003, 11:58 PM »
We also were the only state to vote for Walter Mondale and had at the same time the most Liberal  (Wellstone) and Conservative (Grams) Senators based on some rankings

We have some werid politics that is for darn sure

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2003, 12:19 AM »

Here is his wife at today's unveiling

is that him on the right of the picture?

:D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2003, 12:24 AM »
I think that is the artist...he still looks like he does in the portrait

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2003, 06:35 PM »
Well, Da' Gropinatah era officially began 4.5 hours ago here in Cali.  Here's hoping for the best!

The first couple thing's on Arny's agenda are to repeal the new car tax just implemented last month by Gray Davis, which increased the already very expensive car registration fees by 300%  :o, and to repeal Davis' law allowing illegal immigrants the right to get California Driver's Licenses  ::)...

A good start to be sure, but we'll have to see what else is in store beyond these two obvious moves.  Better not be raising my local sales tax, which is already sky high 8.25%!   >:(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2003, 07:09 PM »
Well, Da' Gropinatah era officially began 4.5 hours ago here in Cali.  Here's hoping for the best!

The first couple thing's on Arny's agenda are to repeal the new car tax just implemented last month by Gray Davis, which increased the already very expensive car registration fees by 300%  :o, and to repeal Davis' law allowing illegal immigrants the right to get California Driver's Licenses  ::)...

A good start to be sure, but we'll have to see what else is in store beyond these two obvious moves.  Better not be raising my local sales tax, which is already sky high 8.25%!   >:(

I['m glad he repealed the car tax before I had to pay mine since it would of cost me about $600 for my car.  I hope the state starts to cut the expenses that have been occuring over serveral years.  Another thing which is going to help the state's economy will be the aftermath of all of the fires we have had, construction and funtire plus other industry.  A sad note for those who had lost loved ones and homes in the fire but something that will eventually may help the state.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2003, 10:25 PM »
The so-called tripling was merely bringing the fee back to the original pre-'98(?) level of 2%. In fact, registration notices since then stated the amount due took into account a 67% discount. (I read Arizona is 4%. Any Arizonian know anything about this?) I'm not surprised it was an issue. But we all paid 2% of a car's depreciated value before '98, it wouldn't have killed us to do so again.

To cover the fiscal gap, Schwarzenegger might issue extra billions in bonds. Either way, someone is going to pay. If not us now to the state in the form of direct taxes, then future generations to financial institutions (via the state) to cover the bonds and the interest on those bonds.

Interesting tidbit I heard today about licenses going to undocumented immigrants: this had been commonplace up until 10 years ago.

Also, Schwarzenegger might go along with the driver's license if the person is willing to get a background check and has proof of auto insurance.

added: Darth Kenobi, construction in California has remained vigorous during these past few years. Your sentiments are in the right place; however, rebuilding those destoyed homes won't add significantly to the economy now. Because of the building crunch, some estimate that many families won't even see their houses rebuilt for another 2 years.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 10:35 PM by Jedi Idej »