Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337028 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #765 on: November 9, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Now, I regret turning my nose up to the Chewbacca / Even Piell wave at K-Mart because I thought they were overpriced.  I haven't seen any of those figures since, and that was at least 2 months ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 9, 2011, 11:37 PM »
One of my local Walmarts reduced the basic figure pegs from 12 to 4.  Two pegs for Vintage, 1 for Legends, 1 for CW.  When asked why, they said they've been ordering replacement product for months and don't receive any.  They did get a case Vintage wave 9 last month.  They were tired of mostly empty CW and Legend pegs.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2011, 06:29 AM »
Now, I regret turning my nose up to the Chewbacca / Even Piell wave at K-Mart because I thought they were overpriced.  I haven't seen any of those figures since, and that was at least 2 months ago.

I have made the same mistake.  I've learned to just suck it up and buy them, save the receipt, then if you find them at Walmart or something later, return the figures to KMart next time you're driving by.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir at this point, but that's just the way distribution is these days.  I'm not finding these figures 20x over anymore.  I'm lucky to see them more than once.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2011, 09:19 AM »
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir at this point, but that's just the way distribution is these days.  I'm not finding these figures 20x over anymore.  I'm lucky to see them more than once.

It sucks that more figures aren't making it out. It seems like only one chain (Target) consistently gets a particular wave distributed to most of their stores. Unfortunately that seems to be the case for the TCW and SL lines only, not Vintage.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the armored Savage wave from HTS. The 25% off code brought it to $76 shipped. I'm planning to sell off the eight repacked figures, and hopefully wind up with the new figures for around retail price.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Yeah, it's a bleak situation out there, for sure. Considering that Wave 12 was first spotted at the end of August, this is the longest amount of time I have ever spent looking for any wave of figures. I was sorely tempted to go the HTS route too, but Wave 12 was sold out last time I checked and I just can't bring myself to bite the bullet on all that filler garbage.

In addition to Pete's TRU find, I did see a couple of reports over at RS of people finding this wave at Target now, so hopefully that continues to spread.

I hit up 2 Walmarts, 2 TRU's and a Target this morning and the most interesting thing I saw was a Comm. Wolffe.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 11, 2011, 09:00 AM »
I think that discount pushed enough people over the edge to buy the whole wave filler and all at HTS. It is still out of stock. I am hoping this, and the Y wing mini bomber, will be like the Jesse deluxe pack, and months later (and after significant panic on my behalf) will clog the shelves for a while. I cannot believe they would be this off on their math with Chewie in the wave. those figures are out there somewhere. I want them, but I will not overpay for them. Patience.....is.....so......difficult....

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #771 on: November 11, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I think that wave will be fairly abundant during the holiday season proper.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 12, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Sweet victory!!

I got a call this morning from a fellow local collector who scored all of Wave 12 on a happenstance stop at TRU this AM, so I hightailed it over to my local store and sure enough, they had gotten a truck overnight too. (!)

I check every Thursday religiously because that's their schedule, but with the holidays they seem to start getting these "rogue trucks" that show up with only a few hours notice.

Anyway, I immediately spied Colt on the pegs which I knew was a good sign since he is the carry-forward with this wave, so I grabbed that and then saw Jar-Jar and snagged him as well. Chewbacca and Evan Piell were right up front but I had to dig around about for armored Savage and the astromech. At first I thought I had missed them but luckily there was one of each left. Holla!  ;D

They must have gotten 2 cases because I saw doubles of Shirtless Savage and Jar-Jar, but luckily I was able to score all 4 of the new guys plus extras of Jar-Jar and Colt just for kicks.

Best part of all was the $7.99 price tag, which beats the heck out of HTS, eBay, etc. SO glad I held out for these. Something about buying the figure off the actual peg just makes it feel more legit to me.

My buddy is actually giving me dibs on his set as well since he is not as much of a Clone Wars enthusiast, so I actually have 2 full sets of this wave, meaning I am technically done.  :)

But armored Savage is like the Aqua Droid, so fiendishly awesome that it will be almost impossible to resist buying every one I see.

Really, really happy to have finally found these after all the fruitless searching. I feel like I can now kick back to just the occasional store runs and wait for that Mando Attack Shuttle and the Walmart exclusives to arrive, and the inevitable Republic Attack Shuttle deep discount.

Yay toys~

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 12, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I grabbed Plo's droid from TRU - missed the rest.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 13, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Managed to find R7-D4 at last, but none of the rest of that armored Savage wave.  Also managed to score a Commander Colt for trade bait.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 14, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Got a report from another fellow collector today that 2 cases of Wave 11 AND Wave 12 hit at the busiest metro Target here. He snagged the last armored Savage of course, but I still might try to make it out and pick up another Chewie or Evan Piell.

I always pick the wrong stores in my daily rotation!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 14, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Picked up another Evan Piell, Chewbacca, and R7-D4 tonight at the Target my friend recommended to me earlier. Left Colt, Wolffe, and the Aqua Droid for the next lucky shopper.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 17, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Piell found! I thought I hit the mother load when there were two of him on the rack at TRU. Alas, nothing else from the wave was there. At least I finally have proof this wave exists.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Found remnants of 2 more Wave 12 cases at one of the crappiest Walmarts in town of all places. Picked up another Chewie, Piell, and astromech for a fellow collector. Of course no sign of armored Savage, but both shirtless versions were chilling on the pegs.

Crazy, that's all 3 major retail outlets around here that have gotten this wave in within the past week. I got lucky at TRU and have just missed fresh cases now at Target and Walmart.

Still, for right now, Armored Savage is the only Clone Wars figure I have seen on actual pegs only once, along with the Magnaguard. Hope that changes, I could almost army build this guy he is just so sweet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 19, 2011, 10:55 AM »
It was a good morning, glad I made a little effort today. Swung by TRU and found the "variant" Commander Jet actually wearing the antennae, first time I have seen him around here. Then another stop off at Target netted me another Armored Savage Oppress, albeit on a sucky card. This will likely be my opener.

I now have 2 complete sets MOC of the last 3 waves of 2011, plus extra openers of Seripas and Armored Savage. I think I'm officially done with Clone Wars figures for this year!  ;D