Author Topic: Black Series 3.75" Is Now Walmart Exclusive  (Read 29512 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 3.75" Is Now Walmart Exclusive
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 08:54 AM »
Lower your expectations on the Stormtroopers if you order one.  I nabbed 4 and there was only one good paint job in the bunch.  Another is passable in the back row, but the other two are ridiculously bad.  Tempted to order more in the hopes of getting better ones, but I'm not sure I want to deal with more returns hassles.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 03:36 PM »
It's kind of sad that we have to rigorously inspect the premium line for major flaws...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 04:42 PM »
I think your luck was just bad...  I saw over 20 Stormtroopers in stores and isn't have one paintjob I called bad.  I saw worse Poe figures  but that seemed to be his  eyebrows.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05 PM »
I think your luck was just bad...  I saw over 20 Stormtroopers in stores and isn't have one paintjob I called bad.  I saw worse Poe figures  but that seemed to be his  eyebrows.  :-\

What's curious is that Jeff received bad ones from WM.com as well.  The ones I've seen in stores are much better.  Makes you wonder if maybe there was a second production run that came out wrong?  3 out of 4 with bad eyes in my shipment and more in Jeff's is probably more than a fluke.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2016, 08:23 PM »
Hmm I haven't gotten any from wm.com yet but should get a handful Wednesday so Ill look them over.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Hmm, that's a bit disconcerting with the differences in quality noted between the in-store finds and the online items...  I just ordered the few 3.75" Black Series figures I was missing and hadn't found at stores (Rey, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtroopers) since they were in stock on Walmart's site and nowhere to be found in my area.   
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Went and picked up my order today...  3 troopers and a Rey.

Well, you're right Justin, the eyes are way worse on these than any of the others I bought at the stores (And I bought a TON for myself and others).

I wonder, if they do another round at some point, will they be fixed?  I never saw a bad one bought from the store, but online, hoo boy!

Here's a pic of my 3...  One on the far left is the worst.  I won't say any of them have me "angry" about it I guess, as I'll take SA with some mistakes in paint over flawlessly painted 5POA any day of the week, but I think I'll be taking some goof-off and a micro brush to clean up some of the misapplied black.  Not sure I'll replace it...  Again, it isn't bothering me that much, and it's not like they completely missed the lenses, but they definitely weren't on the mark with these. 

I'd say with it being so consistently bad, and all on the eyes, these have to have been mass painted right?  Like not done by hand with a template mask, but by machine?  Tough to imagine them being off on QC this long if it were more closely dealt with by labor.

2nd is a better shot of the guy on the left.  Like I say, I'll clean it up  I think... 

Or maybe he's the special model trooper with moving eye lenses? :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:56 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Arctic Ackbar

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Certified Lego-aholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I found one in the stores mid January that had the eyes painted like this.  It looks like Hasbro had an entire batch that should have hit scrap pile rather than ship to WM.  Even if many WMs are technically scrap piles.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2016, 09:24 AM »
Maybe we should bring up FFURG and the lost art of customization.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Ugh, sorry to hear yours weren't in better shape Jesse.  I think they must mass paint and had a bad production run get past QC (assuming there is a QC on this stuff).

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2016, 02:40 PM »
Not that Hasbro would answer a question like this, but why are the $14 TBS figure's paint jobs so much worse than the $8 basic figures?  I've been opening my TFA basic figures over the past week and some of the paint jobs, wash, etc. are terrific on these figures.  TBS seems significantly worse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 03:09 PM »
All my TBS were fine but these last 3 troopers...  I didn't buy a ton of TFA basic guys but they seemed on par or similar and in general I felt they maybe had less apps.  Like Finns gun is painted in TBS, Poe has better face paint on TBS than his TFA counterpart...  Also the white of the vests is worse on TFA than TBS I think.

Now that's not including 6" which some of those look like hell.  Poe in particular I recall.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2016, 03:54 PM »
TBS has been hit or miss for me.  I think the Rey figures have all looked amazing, but I haven't found one Han Endor without crazy eyes across maybe 20 different packages.  With WM BS figures, you're paying extra for both the articulation and exclusivity.  Paint aps should be high quality regardless of which line you're producing IMHO.  If they can make the generic army guys and wrestling figures and all that with perfect paint aps, there's no reason why these crap Star Wars paint jobs should even exist. 

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2016, 11:20 PM »
Those are some weird looking First Order Stormtroopers displayed up there.