Author Topic: Pegwarmer of the Year Award  (Read 21427 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Pegwarmer of the Year Award
« on: March 29, 2003, 12:19 PM »
April's right around the corner, so I thought it might be a good time to get everyone's concensus on which figure was the biggest pegwarmer of the Saga line.

I just got back from my local Wal-Mart and it's pretty obvious which figure is in abundance around here. I counted 52 Taun We figures. Luminara Unduli was a distant runner-up with 25 figures with 24 Royal Guards a close third. There were a couple stray Endor Rebels (goateed, of course) as well as a trio of Destroyer Droids, but that was about it.

What really bugs me is that these pegs, 16 of them just for those top three characters, are considered precious real estate by Wal-Mart's toy buyer. If a product stagnates, it should be clearanced or sent back so new product can get to the pegs. Two of these figures are almost a year old for cryin' out loud!

I heard KB is having a huge Star Wars clearance sale soon to make way for new product (smart move... finally). TRU has bins filled with Yoda, Destroyer Droids, and Clone Trooper Pilots, which makes me wonder if one of them will be next year's top pegwarmer.

What about your area? What's still lingering like unwanted guests?
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Pegwarmer of the Year Award
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 01:40 PM »
Not too many of your Pegwarmers out here in SoCal John.  Instead, we're honored with the overwhelming presence of Mr. Mace Windu and his hot little girlyfriend Zam Wessell at most of our Targets.  No totals for ya', but I'll be sure to count 'em up next time I'm at a store so you can have some official numbers!   ;)   8)

The reigning TRU "haven't I seen you before" champion is Pilot Padme in a landslide, often accompanied by her amigos from the Lott Dod/Watto/Ki-Adi Mundi wave(s)...

Getting most sick of them ALL.  Way overdue for some serious clearance sales around the country...   >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 02:06 PM »
Biggest Peg-warmers in T-Town =

Jango Fett (Final Battle), Darth Vader (Bespin Duel), Plo Koon, Boba Fett (Kamino Escape), and those sorry Delux Jango's and those flipping things...

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 02:12 PM »
My TRU still has pegs full of Clone Troopers.
Other than that new shipments are finally filling all the once empty pegs around here.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Looking at the whole year, I'd say Zam Wessel-Bounty Hunter AND Zam Wessel from the preview assortment have been some of the worst pegwarmers going.  Odd, since not one, but BOTH 3-3/4" versions of a Bounty Hunter character haven't sold well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 04:30 PM »
I find it very interesting how different our different stores are... It is almost kreepy. I literally just got home frlom shopping, and I stopped by my local Toys R Us for the hell of it...... Wanna know what they had? About 15+ Padme battle arena and about 15+ C-3po with removable plates. They had one Jango and one Taun We. That was it folks, out of 8 Pegs.  There were some POTJ still sitting there too. All of them are beat to un-godly hell. All they had (and have had, for the past YEAR) is Tessk and Zutton.

At my wal-mart, as I have reported before, there hangs around 10 Palpatine figures. But at least they keep opening up new cases figs and putting them on top of them. But within a day, only the palps still sit there.

So to answer the main question, I don't think anyone REALLY knows which is the biggest peg warmer, cause it's different EVERYWHERE.  There are a few figs I couldn't tell you the last time I saw them in the store... Like the first Yoda- I never see him anymore, or basically the wave that came out in the middle of the summer- I hardly ever see those ones. I see april 23rd figs and the wav that came out in october. That is about it.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 08:36 PM »
Not too many of your Pegwarmers out here in SoCal John.  Instead, we're honored with the overwhelming presence of Mr. Mace Windu and his hot little girlyfriend Zam Wessell at most of our Targets.  No totals for ya', but I'll be sure to count 'em up next time I'm at a store so you can have some official numbers!   ;)   8)

The reigning TRU "haven't I seen you before" champion is Pilot Padme in a landslide, often accompanied by her amigos from the Lott Dod/Watto/Ki-Adi Mundi wave(s)...

Getting most sick of them ALL.  Way overdue for some serious clearance sales around the country...   >:(

Matt I agree.  Mr. Windu holds the title out West, I wen to Target today and saw him with a speeder, oh that was Ani.  I'm dizzy.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 08:43 PM »
Which stores you hit around here will determine the pegwarmers found. The nearest TRU has about 20 figs on the pegs, I think maybe 18 of them are Pilot Jango. Targets seem to have tons of Bespin Luke, Vader and Geo Mace on the pegs, with countless Accessories sets. There are various other figs easily found but those seem to be the worst culprits.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 09:40 AM »
For the Indianapolis area I will have to go with Jango (pilot) and Padme (Pilot) these two figures are everywhere.  >:(
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 01:29 PM »
My TRU has pegs full of Jango Pilot, Super Battle Droid, Senator Jar Jar and the Nikto Jedi.  There are also a ton of the Bespin Guards there as well

Target still has 20 pegs full (at full price) of the Bespin Luke Wave with Han along for the ride.  Chewie seemed to have sold well

Anyone saying the line is doing well is slightly delusional...there are some serious problems with our addiction

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 03:22 PM »
In the Boston area:

Target: Senator Jar seems to be the winner, along with Flipping Obi and the accessory packs

TRU: Padme pilot, Anakin Tatooine attack, Darth Maul with red stripes along with POTJ Bespin guard

Walmart: Suprisingly, Destroyer Droid, Yoda JC and Clonetrooper pilots. I guess Hasbro thought everyone would want multiples of the CT pilot, but unless you have more than one gunship the most you would need is 4 (which is stretching it, because regular CT manned the gunpods but some use the pilots that came with the pods)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 05:17 PM »
So are we going to come to an agreement here as to who the winner is? I'd say the flipping guys are the winners...

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2003, 10:03 AM »
Zam wins it here in Long Island.   I checked the HUGE TRU in Times Square last week and they had Watto, Lott Dodd, and a 3rd one on clearance for $1.90.   They also had pegs full of Zam, Clone pilots, and the Geonosians & Tuskens both with the "pets"... can't remember the name at the moment, nor care to look it up.  I did find one Endor rebel trooper without a beard, but I didn't let it warm the peg for too long.

Offline BidderFett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2003, 01:21 PM »
Half of the peg warmers you guys are mentioning havn't even made  it to Ontario Canada. I'm soooo glad I'm going to  Pensylvania soon!

The warmer wnners here are:
Nikto
Capt. Typho
Battle droid
Dexter
and JarJar

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2003, 10:40 PM »
Good luck in Pennsylvania, Bidder....I recently drove to FLA and back and found jack squat along the way.  Except for armies of Padme Pilots.   One Wally in FLA had OVER 50 PADMES!!!
I'd have to say the pegwarmer awards in T.Dot go to:

Zam Wessel
Mace Windu
Senator Jar Jar