Author Topic: Generic Female Stormtroopers? Anti-EU Fans Have New Figure to Hate!  (Read 19152 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com

It seems so!  (clicky her head to check it out)

There's no word on where/when/how this is going to be delivered, or if it's not a generic character and it's to represent someone, or if it isn't just a factory worker playing around with a Padme Head and that female Trooper body (though I seriously doubt that, and I believe it's something coming out at some point).

I don't recall female Troopers in the EU much at all beyond that Legacy person though, so I find it strange, to say the least.  Whatever though.   ***shrugs***
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Fake.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
 :D

I was waiting for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
I thought about doing that exactly, well almost i'd've painted the hood black.  I almost hope it's not fake.  Stormies need eye candy too  >:D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Y'know, I don't hate this type of EU stuff, it's just that it doesn't feel authentic.  I would like to think of the Empire as a strict, racist, sexist, fascist group of male humans.  No aliens, no woman.  Things like this just are way to PC for the Empire.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Y'know, I don't hate this type of EU stuff, it's just that it doesn't feel authentic.  I would like to think of the Empire as a strict, racist, sexist, fascist group of male humans.  No aliens, no woman.  Things like this just are way to PC for the Empire.

Using that rationale, if it's real, I'd think that this is something from the Star Wars Legacy Era, like Jes Gistang. I don't follow the comic much to know if they've introduced a new femtrooper.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:15 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I think it's fake/factory leftover. All it is is the Legacy Illum Padme Body on the Legacy Stormie Body. Why I think it's fake is the paint job is not different at all.

This seller's Geo droids do not have painted eyes, these could be leftover headless bodies with left over parts. This seller has sold stuff like this before.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I am right as I looked the listing up and the title says custom.

STAR WARS tlc legacy STORMTROOPER female custom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260447820382

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
The plot thickens! :P

Yeah, having no clue about any of it right now, so I'll toss that out there...  It's interesting regardless, and sadly I'd probably buy a handful of this figure, but if it doesn't happen I'm just as content too.  I was actually hesitant to post the images at first, but I figured so long as it's worded as "unknown" then no big deal and let the speculation begin.

I was thinking the hood being white wasn't helping its case for being a production piece...  Still, maybe Hasbro just got some inspiration.  :-X  I have no desire one way or the other for it really, but I probably would've made a squad of girlies for just the weirdness of it.

I figure if nothing is shown at SDCC on this, we can chalk it up to being purely a kitbash and ignore it.  It certainly seems to be leaning that way right now.  Sorry Fanboys dreaming of an army of miniature women in stormtrooper gear, to do their bidding!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:37 PM by Jesse James »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Custom or not, I still hate it - so your thread title is fine Jesse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I know it's a custom, but why can't the Emperor want some chicks in his forces? Doesn't want discrimination suits on his ass? Mara Jade?

Well, I'm not a fan of EU either but if this would have been legit, I would be happy for those who want such a figure.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I am going to buy a few because I wanted to build a squad of Chick Stormies, he has the best price so I appreciate the link. So JJ for bursting the controversy so quickly.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
The white hood and different helmet point to kitbash/custom. There were some clones of this nature back in the ROTS days, just cobbled together from various parts.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
No problem JOT, it's why I worded it as sort of a mystery. ;)  Can't be too cautious with the unknowns, especially when they're obviously not difficult to do, such as this.  It's a weird thing though, and may be worth buying some anyway.

Regardless though, it's best to be debunked sooner than later.  Sooner was best.  Barring anything showing up at SDCC and the seller being wrong, I'm chalking it up to just a kitbash for now as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
How has this been debunked?   ???

I think there's a good chance this is real.  Here's why:

1) This seller has revealed a lot of new figures recently

2) He had 50 of them in stock

3) This seller has a history of entering the word "custom" into the descriptions of his new auctions

4) In EU, there are other female stormtroopers besides Jes Gistang

5) Hasbro loves to reuse molds

6) Hasbro used the Juno head for the Deena Shan Comic Pack

My guess if it's real, it's going to be part of a comic pack.  Just a guess, but I don't think this is fake.  Sure, it could be but I have more reason to think it's the real thing.