Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 213503 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Future HasLab Ideas
« Reply #915 on: December 31, 2023, 09:27 AM »
That someone was JD regular Nicklab.

Cool!  My friend texted screenshots, but it didn't have the poster's name on it.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 31, 2023, 10:47 AM »
Credit goes to Jayson for tipping people off to what Hasbro might be considering.  But he didn't narrow it down because no doubt he doesn't want to burn his source(s).  I just threw out a bunch of ideas that *MIGHT* be plausible.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 31, 2023, 07:18 PM »
I've got some items on this list that I hope they do with the Fondor Haulcraft at the top of the list, although I don't need a $350+ version.  Maybe something more in the $200 range. 

Although I have a feeling it will be the Cantina.  I'd be pretty excited about that if its done well, and not just a bunch of pillows and bar glasses.  I've got a pretty nice one that I've put together from all the bar pieces over the years, so this isn't at the top of my list, but I think Hasbro would be wise to keep their offerings largely in the OT.

I'm not sure Ahsoka's T-6 Jedi Shuttle or the Bad Batch Havoc Marauder are that high on my list.  Neat ships, but I'm not sure I would drop $400 on these and find space in my collection for them.

Either way, I'm assuming we're still 18 months from a new Star Wars TVC HasLab campaign.  Or are they going to finally get smart and drop their attempts at BS and role play items?  Maybe that will mean they'll try and do TVC more often?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 2, 2024, 07:12 AM »
I think the Lambda-class shuttle is the most likely item from this list.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #919 on: January 2, 2024, 06:05 PM »
Someone posted a list of their desired Haslabs on anotheR Site, which Jayson made the comment that one will be the next Haslab.

I moved this over here since the speculation is more about what Jayson said and this is a bit more active part of the forums these days...

Crazy how we all just plunked down $500 and we're already champing at the bit to get started on the next mega-$ project for Hasbro to sell us. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 2, 2024, 06:43 PM »
What do people think on timing for the next Star Wars HasLab, and do you think they'll try something non-TVC?

I personally don't think they're dumb enough to try non-TVC, but I guess their track record for smarts is limited.

My guess is that it'll be about 18 months from now (SDCC 2025?) that they'll start the next HasLab and it'll be something TVC.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 3, 2024, 10:32 AM »
Someone posted a list of their desired Haslabs on anotheR Site, which Jayson made the comment that one will be the next Haslab.

I moved this over here since the speculation is more about what Jayson said and this is a bit more active part of the forums these days...

Crazy how we all just plunked down $500 and we're already champing at the bit to get started on the next mega-$ project for Hasbro to sell us. :)

Good call on the move. 

As for the timing of the discussion?  Blame short attention spans!  Plus, it seems to be something that Hasbro might already be developing at this time as they gear up for manufacturing the Ghost.  The design work is done on that, but they have yet to reveal the packaging.  Plus they’re probably in final testing to make sure the production process goes smoothly. 

As for the timing?  Who knows when a new campaign will launch.  But I’m curious - the Transformers and Marvel teams have also had multiple successful Haslab campaigns.  Did any of those launch before a successful Haslab campaign was delivered?

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #922 on: January 3, 2024, 11:23 AM »
What do people think on timing for the next Star Wars HasLab, and do you think they'll try something non-TVC?

They've done one Star Wars HasLab in 5 of the last 6 years (missed 2019) so I'm guessing 2024 will have one. 

Just because TVC is 3/3 and BS 6" is 0/1 isn't a reason to never try BS 6" again.  2024 will be 3 years since the failed Rancor.  I'd like to see what they would come up with in a new attempt.  I'm not buying the 6" stuff, but I'd like to see where they go next to see what lessons they've learned from the failed Rancor and the 6" successes in other brands.

But I’m curious - the Transformers and Marvel teams have also had multiple successful Haslab campaigns.  Did any of those launch before a successful Haslab campaign was delivered?

- GI Joe Classified 6" HISS Tank (Aug 2022) ran before the GI Joe 3.75" Skystriker shipped (Jan 2023)
- GI Joe Classified 6" Dragonfly (Jul 2023) ran before the HISS Tank shipped (coming soon)
- Galactus (Aug 2021) ran just about when the Sentinel was being shipped (Sep 2021)
- TFers Deathsaurus (Nov 2022) ran just before the TFers Victory Saber shipped (Dec 2022)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 3, 2024, 01:39 PM »
I know we talk about this all the time, but I'd love to see more frequent, smaller Haslabs... do stuff you wouldn't normally do at retail and see how it goes even if it's not a massive real-estate hogging vehicle...

Do an Imperial Dignitaries 5-Pack for $100...

Or some stuff from ROTS that got glossed over because they basically killed the 5-POA line right when the movie released...

I only have so much space left for Ghost-sized things anyway, and I bet I have more room than most people.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 3, 2024, 03:50 PM »
I know we talk about this all the time, but I'd love to see more frequent, smaller Haslabs... do stuff you wouldn't normally do at retail and see how it goes even if it's not a massive real-estate hogging vehicle...

Do an Imperial Dignitaries 5-Pack for $100...

Or some stuff from ROTS that got glossed over because they basically killed the 5-POA line right when the movie released...

I only have so much space left for Ghost-sized things anyway, and I bet I have more room than most people.

I totally agree. 

I'd much rather have a pile of $150 items that fit in my display than mega ships like The Ghost.  I too am still trying to figure out where that beast is going to fit.

If they think a Blurrg or pirate snub fighter aren't going to get enough sales at retail, they could come up with enough of those small to mid-sized ships/beasts that I think they could sell all day long for $50-$150 either via Fan Channel or HasLab.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 4, 2024, 10:20 AM »
I'm hopeful that the Epic Hero series is going to be able to offer some lower cost vehicles that might flesh out the line.  Does anyone really think that Hasbro might offer a TVC version of Vane's snub fighter from TM season 3?  Which is one of the reasons why I'm hopeful for that line.  Maybe it can offer us vehicles that might be on par with or a little better than the ones released in the REBELS line?

As for $150 - $200 vehicles?  I have some hope there.  The U-Wing is on my list of vehicles that might work in that range.  And so is the Imperial Gunship that's been in REBELS, TM season 3, and AHSOKA.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #926 on: January 4, 2024, 10:51 AM »
As for $150 - $200 vehicles?  I have some hope there.  The U-Wing is on my list of vehicles that might work in that range.  And so is the Imperial Gunship that's been in REBELS, TM season 3, and AHSOKA.

Yeah, the $130 Mando N-1 shows that they haven't given up on new vehicles.  The price is unfortunate, but that's the world we live in now I guess.  I'm hoping that the N-1 sold well enough to bring us more new ships. 

That REBELS/Ahsoka Imperial LAAT Gunship would be a great candidate for a Hasbro Pulse 'open order' item (like the Boba/Jabba Palace set) since Ahsoka is still fresh.  Open up a pre-order window to determine demand and then it comes a year later (which is what you guys were wanting with a kind of HasLab that isn't a HasLab thing).  You could toss in a TVC carded Night Trooper/Pilot.

U-Wing would be a good candidate too, especially if it shows up in Andor Season 2.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2024, 10:56 AM by Jeff »