Collectibles > Power of the Jedi

Biker Scout - Clean Version

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sith Lord Cosmo:
I've got one of each.  I remember there was a clean one that sat on the pegs at my target for weeks, and I never picked him up.  At the time I was debating about collecting POTJ or not, since my EP 1 collection still wasn't finished.  One day I decide to get him, and sure enough, he's gone

Morgbug:
Cool suggestion Jesse, thanks.  troddles off to ebay...

dustrho:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on June  2, 2003, 05:43 PM ---The clean one actually wasn't THAT difficult to find here...  It shipped a few times anyway, and I saw it in a few stores.  The dirty one was very easy to find though.  As easy to find as the Bespin Guard at one point actually.

I'm still disappointed with this figure, and hope they make a new one that's more poseable some day.  

If you're wanting an army of them (clean) and an army that arguably looks BETTER than the POTJ version, might I suggest buying up loose vintage ones, and give them your own (more detailed) paint job.

The vintage figure is surprisingly accurate in sculpt, and his pose is much more "neutral" and acheives the attention pose needed for an Emperor's arrival diorama.  They're relatively cheap too, especially if you find a few in a box that are in sort of beat up shape.  

The helmet's actually more properly scaled even, as the POTJ figure's helmet is a tad small.  I've seen some customs using the vintage figure that really REALLY look impressive.

--- End quote ---

Jesse, the vintage Biker Scout is by the best figure EVER made.  It is the best Biker Scout sculpt, especially when it involves building an army of Biker Scouts.  I have several vintage Biker Scout figures for my Imperial Army.  Here's a pictures of them all lined up...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/photos/starwars_gallery_1/105_0582.jpg

Darby:
I never saw the clean in a store.  Or anywhere else for that matter.  I have two dirty ones, but I hope they make the upcoming troop builder pack all clean.

I agree Dustrho - the vintage Scout is the best of the line.  I still remember getting my five dollar allowance for the month of June in '83 and rushing out to K-Mart to get him!   ;D

Snively Bandar:
I saw a clean Biker Scout exactly twice, and picked them both up fortunately.  Never saw any more after that.  Pretty tough find from everything I've ever heard - probably one of the toughest pieces to acquire in the entire POTJ line actually (sans MOTDS of course).

Though the dirty version didn't ever warm the pegs, there were plenty of those to go around for most everyone.  But if they do create another troop builder set with the Biker Scout, it should most definitely be the original clean version, or at the very least - 3 clean and 1 dirty for a little variety.

But in a perfect world, Hasbro would just make a beautiful, all-new Biker Scout ala the Commtech Stormtrooper.  That would be great!  This guy deserves more articulation, and a more neutral pose!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version