Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352194 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 3, 2008, 09:57 AM »
I saw the newest (Clone Wars) 2 packs at SuperTarget this weekend, priced at $6.99 each.  The higher the price goes on these things, the less of a "value" they seem to be.  I'm wavering on how to continue on with this line, although I think I'll at least stick with the new OT sets.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 3, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I saw the newest (Clone Wars) 2 packs at SuperTarget this weekend, priced at $6.99 each.

Watch your fingers at Target.  Some of the GH 2packs ring up at $14.99.  They also have some of the new G1 Robot Heroes ringing up at $10.99.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 4, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I saw the newest (Clone Wars) 2 packs at SuperTarget this weekend, priced at $6.99 each.

Watch your fingers at Target.  Some of the GH 2packs ring up at $14.99.  They also have some of the new G1 Robot Heroes ringing up at $10.99.

Thanks for the heads up.  I came across half of the new wave (Obi/Cody and Anakin/STAP) at Target today, and they were indeed scanning at $14.99.  The other left-behind sets from that case, the repacks, were scanning correctly at $6.99.  I assume I could have talked somebody into selling them to me for the correct price, but I found the whole thing irritating enough that I just left them behind.  I'll pick up all 4 new sets when I can find them at a store that hasn't set up the possibility of me accidentally getting soaked for some reason.

Also, for anyone that cares, the Padawan Anakin/Ph-1 mixed repack that is re-shipping with these sets now has a blue clone trooper who's been repainted to be more Clone Warsy 501st instead of another Episode 2 Lieutenant.  The blue officer dots are gone, and the helmet has been repainted more or less in a blue version of that orange trooper from the Obi Wan mixed repack this July.  I didn't pay attention to any Padme/Ph1 mixed repacks, but I assume they would have the same update in red.

By the way, that's my line in the sand.  No repainted troopers in mixed repacks for me; and not just because these are SUUUUUUPER uninteresting repaints.  I'll be passing on even the more interesting ones (like orange, purple, or even the tiger-helmet guys w/ Plo Koon if they happened that way).  Two repainted troopers together?  I'd be back in - even for ph1 officers without the dots. 

« Last Edit: November 4, 2008, 04:34 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 2, 2008, 01:15 PM »
We opened up the Skiff set last night.  Hasbro did another stunning job with this thing!  I wasn't very excited when it was announced - skiffs always seem like they'd make better toys than they actually do, and that's before you add in those huge Galactic Heroes feet.  Plus, the photos looked a little... blah.

Hasbro, though, geeze, they nailed it.   You can easily get 4-5 guys on there, no problem.  That console can be slid forward and back.  It lets you get a dude behind it with a minium of real estate taken up; plus it can act just a little bit like a harness.  Not much, but enough for little hands to fly around a single-pilot skiff. 

Also, because I haven't seen it mentioned, it turns out the Arena Padme in the terrible Nexu set is actually a new repaint.  It's nothing too fancy - but she has been repainted to have a "ripped" shirt. 
« Last Edit: December 4, 2008, 08:23 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1054 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Be on the lookout, I found the newest sets tonight at Target: Luminara/SBD, Jar Jar/Padme and Clone/Spider Droid.  All very cool.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Not a major bit of news, but I noticed in this past session of Q and A's, it was asked if we would see more GH sets based on the CW series - and Hasbro replied that actually the majority of next year's sets would be CW-based.  Just as a heads up for those who pick these up, but it sounds like a CW-heavy year.  Personally, I'm going to really have to cut back in a number of areas in '09, so I'll probably have to focus on just the new OT sets if anything from here on out.  Plus, the higher prices on these is starting to sting a little bit.  I've been seeing these (and the Marvel sets) going for $7 to $8 a pack, which doesn't seem like quite the deal they used to be (HTS even has the sets for $7.99 each now it seems, most of them anyway).  Although I really enjoy the CW series, I guess it will make it simpler just focusing on the OT sets from here on out.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 22, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I really don't like the style of the facial sculpts for the new CW GH figures, so I've already decided to pass on any that are released.  That will make my pocket happy because I've been a 99% completist up to this point.  I still really enjoy the GH figures, but there's no sense in buying ones I don't like.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 28, 2008, 11:16 PM »
I just found/bought a bunch of Cinema Scenes and it's killing my wallet!  I'm thinking I'll have to cut back too this year.  if there is going to be a lot of CW stuff that'll make it easier at least.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 30, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Anyone get any of those Target 3-pack stocking stuffers?  I didn't get any until this week, once they were on clearance (I got the Luke/Yoda/R2 pack).  I think I want to look for the other ones, but I haven't seen them at the couple Targets I've been to.  Anyone seeing a lot of these in their neck of the woods.  I know they are all essentially repacks with little bits added, but still, I think they are kinda neat.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 30, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Our daughter has really been into the Galactic Heroes lately, so we picked up a couple of packs for her.  What's nice about these is that all the "holiday accessories" are removable, so if you're missing some of the earlier figures (Boba Fett, Stormtrooper), its a way to pick those up.  Anyways, I haven't checked our local Target lately to see if they still have any in stock.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 30, 2008, 11:54 AM »
I found three of the four at 50% off, but I didn't even want to go down that route if I couldn't have found the last one.  Very nice idea on Hasbro's part and it's the perfect "stocking stuffer" size.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 31, 2008, 01:36 AM »
I found them all earlier but passed when they were about $10.  I might grab them now that they are on clearence.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 31, 2008, 10:10 PM »
I bought the Dewback set at K-Mart the other day. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 8, 2009, 08:47 AM »
So, I stumbled on these things in the isle at Target last night.  Hadn't heard of them before.  The figures are attached to those bases and appear not to have any articulation.  The bases are some type of play-doh stamp.  Each has, I think, a personalized emblem - like for pressing a wax seal.

Also, my target had reset its toy aisles, but a couple sections, including Star Wars, were starkly barren.  I might need to stalk it, as these first GH waves of the year always seem to pull a vanishing act.  Random note: some type of gaming cartoon called Bakugan (from Nelvana) had a humongous shelf allotment, fwiw.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45 PM »
I grabbed the Dewback Cinema Scene and the Obi-Wan w/ Jedi Starfighter that actually has the battle droid. 

It's not nice but I'm going to take the old one without the droid back to Wal-mart with the new receit.