Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 364581 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #540 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  Yeah, when they finish off characters from a line like that and they're exclusive and expensive it's kind of a kick to the nads.  Especially fan club prices.

The Joe figures have always been high as well and, honestly, a couple years the souvenirs have been as good as or better than the boxed set and you can't get those unless you go to the show.  Like I said, last year I bit.  The Fight for Survival set is incredible and, of course, I had to add on the additional 3 sled dogs and loose figure which made the whole thing over $300 shipped. 

The RAH sets usually run about $220 or $250 without any of the extras and that's still about $15 per figure, but that's better than $50+ per figure.

It's definitely cheaper to sit home and order the SW exclusive McQuarrie figures this year that's for sure.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 19, 2007, 05:45 PM »
Evolution of a Hero

I'll definately be picking up a set on clearance to keep packaged.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 19, 2007, 11:27 PM »
That's not a bad looking set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #543 on: July 20, 2007, 11:16 AM »
NOW THAT I WANT !!!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 20, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I found the 3" Titanium movie vehicles at Target tonight.  Prime, Blackout and Bumblebee.  I snagged 'Bee and that was it.  Hadn't seen these before.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2007, 06:23 PM »
I found the 3" Titanium movie vehicles at Target tonight.  Prime, Blackout and Bumblebee.  I snagged 'Bee and that was it.  Hadn't seen these before.

E...

I found those three a few weeks back at a WM before I placed my order for the RH 5pack.  There's also supposed to be Megs, Jazz, & Ironhide - but I've yet to see those three.  My Targets haven't restocked any 3"Titanium stuff since Spiderman hit - and even then it was just Spiderman crap.  I really miss collecting the SW/BSG vehicles  :'(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2007, 12:28 AM »
My Target stocked new SW/BSG today as well.  Finally picked up the Battlestar Pegasus.  They also had the Firespray fighter (Slave I repaint), Luke's Snowspeeder and Jabba's Sail Barge which were all newly stocked.  Before that, a few weeks ago, they got in the V-Wing wave but they've only had about 3 waves this year.

My WM hasn't stocked new Titanium since the middle of 2005.  Well, they might have gotten a couple cases at the beginning of last year but that's it.  They still have all their 2005 stock and it was a really bitch when I watched 2 year old stock get bumped up a $1 in price late last year.

Since I posted earlier I got around to opening that Bumblebee Titanium and although it looks good, I was disappointed to find out how little metal there was in it.  Honestly, if Mattel can do $1 Hot Wheels I expect more from Hasbro in the Titanium lines for $4 more.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Yeah, I've only opened my extra Imperial Shuttle tite, but that thing is chock full of metal, but Hasbro cheaps out on a lot of the other ships and the Transformer packages don't feel quite as heavy as some of the SW ones.

Picked up RoboPrime on clearance for $13 and the Titanium 3 pack for $6 at Target today.  I can't believe how picked over the Transformer toys are at most Targets.  At least it's not all sitting like the Spidey stuff was/is.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2007, 01:31 PM »
The Transformers line offered new stuff with a hot movie.  No matter how hot the Spider-Man movie may or may not have been, there was really nothing new offered in the toy aisle.

There are literally hundreds of Spider-Man figures avaialble in all shapes and sizes and even Venom has his fair share of toys.  They may not all be easy to get, but Spider-Man's Rogue Gallery has pretty decent representation out there.  I'm not surprised that line didn't sell well.  Plus, isn't it a slightly different scale from the previous Toy Biz versions?  Or did Hasbro only do that for the Fantastic Four figures?  I recall reading that they had adjusted the F4 figures due to the vehicle they wanted to put out.  But I could be wrong on that. 

Plus we've had 3 SM movies so I don't think it was as hot as the first TF was with it being that franchises first live action movie and first big screen movie in, what, 20 years?  ****, I haven't picked up a Spider-Man movie figure of any type yet and I'd only bought 2 Transformer toys in 20 years till this year.  I've already bought 3 TF movie toys in as many weeks with plans for at least one more.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Picked up my "site to store" Decepticon Sneak Attack set at WM today....The whole process went very smooth.  I would have thought that by me ordering 1 set that the store would actually decide to stock these, but no dice.  Really diggin the set with the cardboard buildings/airport tower.  Hologram Mirage looks sweet as do the Prime & Megs in metallic finish.

Very satisfied with this set  ;D

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2007, 12:33 AM »
I was at the St. Louis Park, MN Sam's Club today and they had a new Transformers movie 3-Pack. 

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=AC31D446-D56F-E112-4FC96E92C08BF927

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 22, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Good last few days around here for new TF stuff.  Wal-Mart put out the new deluxe wave, and those are, by and large, pretty cool.  If anybody is on the fence about the 2008 Bumblebee Deluxe, get down off of it, as this is the best deluxe class TF that's been done for the movie line, hands down.  Great toy.  Arcee's great, too, but Dreadwing's kind of disappointing.  Pointless might be a better word. :)

I also found wave 1 of the "Robot Replicas" at K-Mart the other day, although they were erroneously labeled as being 17.99 (they wound up being 9.99 and were "on sale").  For what they are (non-transforming Transformers), they're pretty nice with lots of detail.  Some of the paint apps are a little iffy, and Megatron is just flat dull in every conceivable way.  Barricade, however, is nice, and Bumblebee is just a little bit nicer than him.  Nice desk decorations if nothing else.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 23, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I picked up the generation 1 Soundwave re-issue. How can you tell the original from the re-issue?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 23, 2007, 10:04 AM »
The cassette drawer is flush with the body on the original and is only 1 tape deep. The reissue sticks out from the body and it can hold both cassettes.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2007, 03:31 PM »
Stopped by Target today and picked up one of the Movie line "Real Gear" Transformers, Spy Shot 6.