Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362565 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #765 on: January 25, 2008, 03:35 AM »
Dang, missed it.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:39 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 25, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Dang, missed it.  >:(

He's back....go back a page...shhh!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Oh...Screamer is now listed as NOT SOLD ONLINE  I wonder what went wrong with this exclusive?  Stores refuse to stock it and their website now refuses to sell it?  ???

Damn - Missed this one. This is one that I always wanted.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 28, 2008, 10:21 AM »
ToyFare now has the links up to pictures of the upcoming Universe (Classics) Sunstreaker and Onslaught.  It also has the lineups for the first wave of Deluxe and Ultra:

Deluxe Wave 1:
Sunstreaker (sports car)
Prowl (police car)
Tankor (a.k.a. Octane, oil tanker/jet)

Ultra Wave 1:
Onslaught (SWAT Vehicle)
Powerglide (plane)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 28, 2008, 10:43 AM »
ToyFare now has the links up to pictures of the upcoming Universe (Classics) Sunstreaker and Onslaught.  It also has the lineups for the first wave of Deluxe and Ultra:

Deluxe Wave 1:
Sunstreaker (sports car)
Prowl (police car)
Tankor (a.k.a. Octane, oil tanker/jet)

Ultra Wave 1:
Onslaught (SWAT Vehicle)
Powerglide (plane)

Sunstreaker is the only one tempting me at this point.  I only have room to display one of each key character, so I'll probably just stick with the Alternators version.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02 AM »
Classics wave 1 at transformers.com

They all look great to me, especially Powerglide. I just as well start signing over paychecks to Hasbro what with the GI Joe and TF Classics lines looking so great.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06 AM »
They all do look pretty good, don't they?  I actually like Onslaught.  The vehicle mode is cool enough but the robot mode really looks badass.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2008, 11:23 AM »
They all look fantastic.  I'm a bit confused on the timeline as the animated stuff is supposed to start hitting in June and these are coming out in August ???  I don't get it.. 

I'm also suprised that Hasbro was actually the first to spill the beans. 

Odd...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 2, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Received my MP Megs a few weeks ago from TFsource and I finally decided to crack him open.  Extremely detailed figure and he comes with some awesome accessories.  He's also a very tall figure just like Prime, but he's very light and I don't think he has any die cast with the exception of very few parts.  Kind of afraid to transform him because he seems so fragile and I initially had problems with one of MP-04 Prime's legs when I first got him.  Can't believe how much Prime + Trailer is selling for the secondary market so I wanted to grab him before he shot up in value.

WM Screamer is next......after I try and figure out how to transform Megs.  *hoping that I don't break him*

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 4, 2008, 10:32 PM »
K.  I'll reply to myself once more until I get to Screamer.  Megs wasn't as tricky until I got to his legs.  Took me awhile to figure that aspect out, but he looks awesome in gun mode with the replacement parts that came from the third party kit. 

Beautiful toy...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 4, 2008, 10:58 PM »
K.  I'll reply to myself once more until I get to Screamer.  Megs wasn't as tricky until I got to his legs.  Took me awhile to figure that aspect out, but he looks awesome in gun mode with the replacement parts that came from the third party kit. 

Beautiful toy...

Ooooo I'm so jealous.  What did youhave to pay for MP Megs?  Any chance of a US version being released?  I'd love to have him or a MP Shockwave, but just can't stomach the big big prices.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 13, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Not that anyone cares about them anymore, but I managed to find two of the new "Gaudy Neon All Spark Power" toys earlier this week.  Wal-Mart had gotten a case of the Voyagers with Incinerator (the Osprey copter thing) and a case of the Deluxes with Stockade (the Decepticon/Sector 7 SUV).  Although they're kind of neat (since they are TFs), the transformations are astonishingly simplistic compared to the other movie toys (even the non-movie movie toys), and the designs are fairly uninspiring in robot mode.  They'd fit in great with the Classics line, though, so if you're into that, you will probably like these (and that's where these will be displayed when I finally get a shelf to put them on). :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 13, 2008, 09:24 PM »
I've given up on buying repaints for this line, but I did pick up the dune buggy guy - forgot his name, but he's got issues with his head from the plant that I'm not all to happy with.  Not sure who Incinerator is though so I'm out of the loop there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 13, 2008, 11:51 PM »
That would be Landmine. I think he's pretty great, so sorry to hear about your bum one.

My local WM has an endcap just chock full of these Allspark things. It's too bad it's happening now instead of later when the Premium BB with battle mask comes out. I know that's going to be chore just like this past summer with Concept BB.

I almost bought both the Osprey Incinerator and the Blackout repaint Evac, but the colors are just a little too weird.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53 PM »
Just an FYI for Transformers fans - Target has some nifty autobot black T-Shirts in the men's section along with all the other printed T's.  I think they're just $10 and some were on clearance this weekend for $7, so if you want a TFormer shirt, might be good to check out.  They also had an Imperial Logo shirt on clearance, but every store I've been to just has Mediums and I need an XL.   :P