Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360224 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #780 on: February 14, 2008, 06:16 PM »
blah blah blah

nothing to see here.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 15, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Has anyone picked up the Silencer & Arm piece accessory set for Masterpiece Megatron (MP-05)?

I have debated picking it up. I just want to know it is worth it.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 15, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Has anyone picked up the Silencer & Arm piece accessory set for Masterpiece Megatron (MP-05)?

I have debated picking it up. I just want to know it is worth it.

I have it and I think it completes Megatron.  It comes with die-cast replacement "leggings" so you can attach the rear extension of the gun, plus it makes him MUCH more sturdier is his bot mode besides making him look outstanding with all of the pieces attached in his gun mode, plus it makes him unbelievably long.  He really looks naked without these extra pieces.  All the parts fit nice and snug and the box matches with the MP design.  I'd bring him to our next get together, but I don't have a license to carry.   :-\  Not sure about ordering through BBTS though as they like to plug everything.

KREMZEEK!!!  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 15, 2008, 05:58 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #784 on: February 15, 2008, 11:24 PM »
At least I won't feel bad about not getting this year's Botcon set.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 16, 2008, 01:34 PM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:35 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Damn, that Prowl looks AMAZING.  He was always one of my favorite toys when I was a kid (Bluestreak was my first TF I ever got), so I'm really excited to get this one. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 18, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Damn, that Prowl looks AMAZING.

I agree 100%  I almost thought he was an ALT on my first lookover.  The rest of these guys all look great except for the lame attempt on the Cybertron repaints.  ick.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Galvatron

You know, I was expecting a little bit more from this guy. Apparently, he's a Deluxe, so he won't be as tall as the G1 Galvatron.

I'm not really fond of the Animated toys, but I might get Soundwave. I like that his guitar transforms into Laserbeak.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 18, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Galvy looks pretty good in bot mode, but I'm getting ill of tanks.  I plan on picking up the entire animated line so Soundwave is just a plus.  Great "throwback" to the original.  ;)

I picked up another Allspark Landmine today in hopes of a better head, but no dice.  More bad paint apps and problems with the sides and the top of his head.  Also one of his shocks didn't work, so I just ripped his head off and returned him back to WM.  Poor quality control there.  I did find a Stockade though (Cady Escalade) and I think he's just fantastic. 

All I need now is that Voyager Incenerator and I think I'm done here unless I can find Leader Prime & Brawl on uber clearance.  Don't really care much for BB's new head to buy him again.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 19, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Galvy looks pretty good in bot mode, but I'm getting ill of tanks.  I plan on picking up the entire animated line so Soundwave is just a plus.  Great "throwback" to the original.  ;)

I picked up another Allspark Landmine today in hopes of a better head, but no dice.  More bad paint apps and problems with the sides and the top of his head.  Also one of his shocks didn't work, so I just ripped his head off and returned him back to WM.  Poor quality control there.  I did find a Stockade though (Cady Escalade) and I think he's just fantastic. 

All I need now is that Voyager Incenerator and I think I'm done here unless I can find Leader Prime & Brawl on uber clearance.  Don't really care much for BB's new head to buy him again.

On Thursday if you bring the head with and an idea of what you would like the head to look like paint wise I can give it a crack.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 20, 2008, 10:56 AM »
I picked up another Allspark Landmine today in hopes of a better head, but no dice.  More bad paint apps and problems with the sides and the top of his head.  Also one of his shocks didn't work, so I just ripped his head off and returned him back to WM.  Poor quality control there.

On Thursday if you bring the head with and an idea of what you would like the head to look like paint wise I can give it a crack.

Thanks Ryan!  I can also bring the extra pieces for Megatron if you're willing to transport him (the actual toy) to the meeting.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 29, 2008, 05:50 PM »
5pk of metallic RH repaints at Wal-Mart

Oh...and this set just came out and they're already on clearance   ???   Wasn't the last G1 set $9.96 or something?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 29, 2008, 09:26 PM »
Couldn't tell you. I never did find the G1 set.

I saw this set last night, and left it. I'm not collecting the movie RH, but I can't wait for the next G1 series to come out.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 3, 2008, 09:30 AM »
I don't know if anyone here cares about these or not, but I saw some of the Animated Transformers on an endcap at Wal-Mart this weekend.  They were mixed in with movie versions, and seemed to all be in the "deluxe" size, although I didn't look at them real close.