Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363889 times)

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #960 on: July 6, 2008, 03:44 PM »
I watched the animated show today with my son.  Must've been the season finale' or something because it was 1 hour long and the way that the show ended just seemed like a season ender.

Also hit Target in Apple Valley (MN) this morning and my son bought a Snarl/Triceratops with his allowence.  They also had a guy named Oil Slick.  Never heard of him, but he looked like some tricked out Dreadnok chopper.

That's all,

Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 7, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Oil Slick

Kinda lame IMO
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 7, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Oil Slick

Kinda lame IMO

Well, its no transformable Stop Light, that's for sure.   ;)

Anyone still seeing the "Real Gear Robots" around Target stores?  I bought Wire Tap V20 and would like to exchange it for a Night Beat 7 or similar robot (looks like a phone and ear piece/Lazerbeak).  I haven't seen these around lately.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 7, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Oil Slick

Kinda lame IMO

Anyone still seeing the "Real Gear Robots" around Target stores?  I bought Wire Tap V20 and would like to exchange it for a Night Beat 7 or similar robot (looks like a phone and ear piece/Lazerbeak).  I haven't seen these around lately.   :-\

Nothing wrong with transformable stoplights Justin.   ;)       Or phonebooths or Mountain Dew machines for that matter.  I've been collecting these things for so long that I welcome an oddball here and there.

I think I've said this before in this thread, but I gave up and returned all my real gear stuff once I found that Hasbro was repainting everything more than twice which is their usual.

Oh - I found the last batch (I think) of TRU movie exclusives over the weekend.  Red Energon Cliffjumper and the yellow repainted blue crane guy from Cybertron.  Never picked up the original versions as they're very sucky.  Even more sucky at $30..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 7, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Oil Slick

Kinda lame IMO

Nothing wrong with transformable stoplights Justin.   ;)       Or phonebooths or Mountain Dew machines for that matter.  I've been collecting these things for so long that I welcome an oddball here and there.

I think I've said this before in this thread, but I gave up and returned all my real gear stuff once I found that Hasbro was repainting everything more than twice which is their usual.

Oh - I found the last batch (I think) of TRU movie exclusives over the weekend.  Red Energon Cliffjumper and the yellow repainted blue crane guy from Cybertron.  Never picked up the original versions as they're very sucky.  Even more sucky at $30..

I think you're the only in the MN group that collects Tformers, so if you happen to see any of the birds around, can you let me know?  I'll owe you big!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 7, 2008, 09:45 PM »
I think you're the only in the MN group that collects Tformers, so if you happen to see any of the birds around, can you let me know?  I'll owe you big!

I haven't even bothered to look at these pegs since I made my returns months ago, but I'll keep you in mind.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 8, 2008, 12:37 AM »
At BotCon 2008, it was revealed that Oil Slick was an original Eric Siebenaler design that was never intended to be in the show...but upon finding out about it, the Animated cartoon crew said "we would have worked him in had you told us about this." As such, Oil Slick is currently not slated to appear in the cartoon...but may be worked into the third season

Now I see why we never saw him in the cartoon.   ;)

Jeff

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 8, 2008, 10:49 PM »

I haven't even bothered to look at these pegs since I made my returns months ago, but I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks, but you can go back to ignoring the section.  I found two different paint jobs for the birds at SLP on the way home tonight.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27 AM »
Found the new Robot Heroes and Oil Slick from the Animated line tonight at my local WM. I hope Soundwave and Jazz weren't shipping in that same wave, since I really want those guys at Blackarachnia has killed any chance of seeing a huge rollout of this line locally.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 12, 2008, 05:26 PM »
I finally found Universe w1 at TRU and holy **** are there some bad paint apps on all of that wave.  I left them behind in hopes of finding a more solid wave at a better price.  Scored an Animated Soundwave this morning at Target and he's rockin the house!!  Really great figure!!  Jazz had very poor paint apps as well so I left him behind as well as that stupid motorcycle guy.  No Snarls which was odd.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 17, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Got around to opening Animated Prowl & BB and they're spot on accurate to the cartoon.  Just not sure how to get them back into vehicle mode - something I've always hated about Hasbro's instructions.  Also been having a hell of a time with Screamer's arms getting back into jet mode for the past few weeks, but I finally got it right after ******* up his paint.  Grrrrr..  At least it should be easier when Hasbro releases his Spawn.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Just not sure how to get them back into vehicle mode

This may be old news to some of you, but a client of mine that I talked to on Wednesday said that she goes on YouTube and watches videos people have downloaded on how to transform your Transformers.  She said that this has helped with a bunch of her sons' TFs.

On a different note, my son picked up a Bumblebee and Lugnut TF toys from McDonalds.  Cute, but definately cheap.

Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Looks like Hasbro indeed butchered Prime's stacks.  Early photos showed the fully extended versions, but I knew this was coming.  What's odd is there's room in the packaging (just enough) for the longer ones. 

Oh well.  Easy pass now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #973 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16 AM »
That one is an easy pass for me, anyway. It's $70 and I have four Primes as it is. (One Hasbro reissue, one Takara Encore, and two Pepsi Primes from last summer's giveaway.)

But if it goes on clearance, I'll try to get one. Every Prime reissue has shot up in value, and I doubt this one will be any different.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 23, 2008, 05:58 PM »
MP-02 is getting another go this fall.  Definately biting this time as he's selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay.  I don't quite remember it coming with that cardboard trailer, but hopefully one of those third party companies gets around to making the trailer/armor.  I believe there's one coming out for the Classic's version, but he doesn't need it IMO.