Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360237 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1095 on: December 22, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I received the new/repainted Universe Starscream via HTS last weekend.  Very happy to get that, and it seems like a nice toy.  I really dig the G1 updates of the Classics/Universe line.  I don't know how many more I'll be able to pick up going forward, but I hope that they re-do/re-release the Classics Megatron.  Having Megs, Starscream, Prime and Bumblebee would be fine for me to have a nice, small display (and a Sideswipe I have as well, since he was one of my favorites as a kid).

I haven't gotten to our Target since last Wed, but if that Prime is clearanced for $35, I'd be tempted as well.  I was looking at that the last time we were there, and thought it was pretty cool.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1096 on: December 23, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 23, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 23, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I was trying to point out the Vol. 1 portion - didn't even look at the difference in price.  Pretty sure the vintage tapes are close to $20-$30 a pop on eBay unless the KO's are still out there, but I don't think Eject and Rewind have been knocked off yet.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 23, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I was trying to point out the Vol. 1 portion - didn't even look at the difference in price.  Pretty sure the vintage tapes are close to $20-$30 a pop on eBay unless the KO's are still out there, but I don't think Eject and Rewind have been knocked off yet.

I've actually seen the reissued 2-packs going for around $10 to $15, so you could get a good batch of them for $30-40 if you're watching auctions.  Oh the things I will buy when I win the lottery...  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 24, 2008, 08:55 AM »
I would be more incline to buy this set if they made it an All Decepticon set so I could put them with Soundwave, but since Eject & Rewind are Autobots I am passing.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 24, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I've actually seen the reissued 2-packs going for around $10 to $15, so you could get a good batch of them for $30-40 if you're watching auctions.  Oh the things I will buy when I win the lottery...  ;D

Those are called knock-offs Justin.  I was referring to the original vinty versions.  I have a few sets Rumble/Frenzy/RatBat/Laserbeak and they're not the greatest quality compared to Hasbro/Takara, but they work - again there are no knock off Eject or Rewinds.

I would be more incline to buy this set if they made it an All Decepticon set so I could put them with Soundwave, but since Eject & Rewind are Autobots I am passing.

Guess you'll just need to buy Blaster now.   :)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 24, 2008, 11:02 AM »

Those are called knock-offs Justin.  I was referring to the original vinty versions.  I have a few sets Rumble/Frenzy/RatBat/Laserbeak and they're not the greatest quality compared to Hasbro/Takara, but they work - again there are no knock off Eject or Rewinds.

Guess you'll just need to buy Blaster now.   :)

You selling yours?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1104 on: January 1, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Picked up Hound and Cyclonus recently. I've only opened Cyclonus so far, and he's fantastic. Easily one of the best TFs Hasbro/Takara has ever offered. It's pretty amazing that a company that put out the piece of **** Ironhide could do something this great a few months later.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 3, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I found the same a few days ago at Target for $7.77.  Haven't had time to open them, but I loved Cyclonus for what he was back in the day.  Looking forward to cracking him open.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 3, 2009, 10:35 PM »
I opened Hound and Ravage. They're both pretty great, but I'd be careful putting Ravage in cassette mode in a single-tape Soundwave. I nearly broke a peg off on the tape door putting this new Ravage in there.

But they're still great TFs. Hound could have used some work around the shoulder area so the missile launcher would fit better, and the big H could have engineered a rifle for him like the vintage one had instead of forcing the fan to choose between a handheld or shoulder-mounted weapon. But I'm a bit picky, since Hound is one of my favorite G1 Autobots.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 4, 2009, 11:14 AM »
but I'd be careful putting Ravage in cassette mode in a single-tape Soundwave. I nearly broke a peg off on the tape door putting this new Ravage in there.

Did you manage to get the tape in there?  Hasbro said that Ravage was only intended to be compatible with the TRU version or Soundblaster.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 4, 2009, 01:20 PM »
No, I didn't. I tried to, but the tape only went halfway in before resting on the peg that hlods the door closed. I had seen other people fit the new Ravage in an old Soundwave, so I tried it out. Doesn't work as well for me, and I'm not going to ruin a vintage Soundwave for this.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 4, 2009, 05:50 PM »
ROTF Leader Prime image

Dang. And I thought the one from the first movie was a great-looking toy. This one looks even better. I still don't know why these movie Primes can have long smokestacks while the G1 reissues stateside can't.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2009, 05:51 PM by inadvertent imitation »