Author Topic: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke  (Read 40754 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Apparently the .com ones were relaxed pre fight with Luke and the in store ones are sweaty during fight with Luke versions.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Someone pointed out that JediTempleArchives has a couple comparison photos.

Looks like the "dull" paintjob has a dull white wash, while the "glossy" version has more of a greenish wash.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2009, 06:14 PM »
That's weird.  Here's a movie still:

I'd say the store ones are the closer ones in accuracy...  There's a shine to the actual puppet giving it a leathery look, and it's got the greenish hue to it also.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Hmmm...I like the first edition better simply because he looks "scarier/rougher" with that wash.  The glossy one looks like a shiny turd IMO.  Wish they could have somehow combined the two finishes - in a less glossy way, but oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Hmmm...I like the first edition better simply because he looks "scarier/rougher" with that wash.  The glossy one looks like a shiny turd IMO.  Wish they could have somehow combined the two finishes - in a less glossy way, but oh well.

That is one scary lookin' turd.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2009, 11:45 PM »
I saw these for the first time at Target today...didn't have enough money to pick one up but I did notice at least at my store they have Rancors with the duller paint scheme. From the pictures I've seen, I think I'd rather get the other version. Good to know these are out though....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:46 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2009, 01:03 AM »

It does have teeth...  which, if I were to see that, I'd probably poop again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2009, 05:23 PM »

It does have teeth...  which, if I were to see that, I'd probably poop again.

There are worse things.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 1, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I saw a couple of these tucked on the bottom shelf at Target yesterday.  Star Wars has been moved to the "back/end" of the action figure aisle now, as things have been reset with all the Transformers stuff.  You would almost miss these Rancors on first glance, at least at our store.  I don't know how well it will sell, but it would be too bad if it didn't do well - I think it is one of the nicer toys Hasbro has done in the past few years, particularly among the beasts.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 1, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Definitely a nice improvement over the POTF2 version. A great purchase IMO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 1, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Got the glossy version yesterday.  If I can find the more dull finish I'll pick that one up and return this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 2, 2009, 02:24 AM »
I've been to four Targets since yesterday and no sign of it.  Also, no signs of the RC droids or shelf tags for either.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 2, 2009, 08:21 AM »
I've been to four Targets since yesterday and no sign of it.  Also, no signs of the RC droids or shelf tags for either.

That's weird. You'd think all Targets would want the new set up so they could sell the new Transformer toys.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: June 2, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Target's insanely slow with resets I've noticed.  I have no idea why but in my neck of the woods it's rare that we're set up when the rest of the world is.  Especially my nearest (and the newest in the area) Target, which often times has waited to put things out till they're almost ready for clearance.  That happened last year with the 2-packs.  Other stores tend to be at least a little quicker.

That Target, ironically, is one of the only ones in the area that did the full reset so far though and it was the first I think.  That's a rare occurance though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 2, 2009, 07:35 PM »

When I scored my Rancor there was no shelf tag anywhere near the SW stock.  But then I got mine out of a case that was sitting on a freight cart in the toy section.  I figure it was destined to be put on an endcap somewhere.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback