Author Topic: Is It just me, but does anyone else not like the new Luke's?  (Read 6708 times)

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Have you noticed how short they have made Luke?  I feel like it is just bad.  The Saga Luke can barely hold the lightsaber, and the arms easily fall off.  So, here's how I improved my Saga Luke:

-Saga Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace)
-POTF2 Final Duel Luke Skywalker (Head)
-Admiral Ozzel (Right hand)
-Obi-Wan Kenobi Caoruscant Bar (Legs)

1.  Boil and pop Saga Luke's head, cut off the peg on FD Luke's head, as it will not fit in the figure.  Remove llegs and torso and pop off the boots

2.  Take Obi-Wan and boil and pop his torso, the legs should come right off, pull off the boots.  Place Luke's boots on the pegs.  Paint legs flat back.  Acrylic paints work the best. 

3.  Once paint dries, snap torso and legs onto Saga Luke-Do not forget about the 'skirt' !

4.  Wedge in Luke FD head.  It  can fit, and will stay in the socket as long as you do not lift the figure by the head.

5.  Remove open right hand, stick on Admiral Ozzel's black gloved right hand.  Give Luke the lightsaber from the Saga figure and you are all set!  (to make him wear the cloth robe, you must CAREFULLY cut a piece of the neck of the robe to fit the head)

My complaints (back to the point) is that the scale of the sagas.  I am NOT getting new SW figures again, I mean I still have my POTF2 stuff.  But I like the sculpts, just not of Luke of Lando.  But I will get figures of some characters-Cantina ones, or prequel characters.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Is It just me, but does anyone else not like the new Luke's?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Sounds good, how bout a pic?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Well, the scale of the Saga JK Luke Skywalker was actually pretty spot-on when you compare him with other PROPERLY scaled figures.  If anything that was a turn for the better in my opinion.

Mark Hammil is a short guy...  That's why his figure's have been shorter of late.  Some are a tad too short, but the Jedi Luke from 03/04 was considered by many to be a really nicely sized figure when you would place him with say the recent TSC Han Carbonite figure...  That Han's proper sized in that he's a lot shorter than a new Chewbacca for instance, but he's a bit taller than Luke as he should be... 

Basically, Luke's a short guy. :)  Another great example of a GREAT scale Luke Skywalker is VTSC Luke X-Wing Pilot.  THe height is short because Hammil is short.  He should look tiny compared to the other pilots (or most of them anyway). 

For the record you can dig up actor's heights on IMDB if you want to draw comparisons on scale. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 11:18 AM »
At least its better than Lucas' original idea of using a dwarf to play Luke...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Well, the scale of the Saga JK Luke Skywalker was actually pretty spot-on when you compare him with other PROPERLY scaled figures.  If anything that was a turn for the better in my opinion.

Mark Hammil is a short guy...  That's why his figure's have been shorter of late.  Some are a tad too short, but the Jedi Luke from 03/04 was considered by many to be a really nicely sized figure when you would place him with say the recent TSC Han Carbonite figure...  That Han's proper sized in that he's a lot shorter than a new Chewbacca for instance, but he's a bit taller than Luke as he should be... 

Basically, Luke's a short guy. :)  Another great example of a GREAT scale Luke Skywalker is VTSC Luke X-Wing Pilot.  THe height is short because Hammil is short.  He should look tiny compared to the other pilots (or most of them anyway). 

For the record you can dig up actor's heights on IMDB if you want to draw comparisons on scale. 

Just a slave to POTF2 I guess. 

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 6, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Sounds good, how bout a pic?

No digital camera  :'(.  Yet.  Once I have one, or access to one, I will post them all here, including instructions on how i made/butchered them! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 6, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Make sure you post in the customizing area with those when you're ready hcmv007, not here in a collecting area. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Make sure you post in the customizing area with those when you're ready hcmv007, not here in a collecting area. :)

Gotcha!

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 10:37 AM »
The main point is I liked the last POTF2 Luke head sculpt and felt it was a bad idea to change it, that's all.  I like the poseability and the more accurate lightsaber, but hated the open right hand (Cmon Hasbro, he's not a lefty!  Neither is vader, but that's for a later day).  The one they have given him now makes him look like an old alien.