Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85622 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2014, 11:08 AM »
Well, if they are dealing with time travel that might be the source as well.  If you could send someone back in time to stop Trask, you could probably send someone to save Charles or to stop Wolvie from losing the admantium.  Heck, given Wolverine's healing powers the could let out the bone claws, have the admantium grafted on and down into his hands a bit and be right back in business.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/xmen/
 my question is then on the pic of old "future" wolverine why does he have adamantium claws back? interesting.

As someoneo who casually follows the movies and then subsequently forgets all the details... when did Wolverine lose his claws? 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34 PM »
I was curious about that too, and had to look it up.  His hands/claws are apparently chopped off in 2013's "The Wolverine."  The healing factor causes the claws to regrow, but just as bone instead of the admantium coated originals.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37 PM »
I was curious about that too, and had to look it up.  His hands/claws are apparently chopped off in 2013's "The Wolverine."  The healing factor causes the claws to regrow, but just as bone instead of the admantium coated originals.

I just went to Google too to try and look this up.  I sort of remember that now in the Wolverine Movie... I didn't love that particular incarnation of the franchise so I must have just erased it from my memory :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2014, 03:52 PM »
It happened towards the end of The Wolverine.  In order for Yashida to steal his healing factor, they bound his hands, got him to extend his clawa then chopped them off and drilled into his bone marrow.  After he was able to escape the chair, his claws were able to regenerate...but without the adamantium.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2014, 05:49 PM »
What happens to his hands after that?  Kinda gross, but I wonder if Wolvie could chop off a hand again, then hold the severed hand up to the wound to have it reattached versus all new growth. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21 PM »
His hands were not cut off....just the claws....and they regenerated.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2014, 09:11 AM »

How did they slice off just his claws?   ::)  Did they cut through them, so there's some admantium left?  Or fit they sliceat the exact spot the claws connect to the hands?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2014, 10:53 AM »

How did they slice off just his claws?   ::)  Did they cut through them, so there's some admantium left?  Or fit they sliceat the exact spot the claws connect to the hands?

There is this mechanical samurai built of adamantium (sword and all) and that can cut through Logan's claws.  So I would guess that there are some bits of adamantium left in the hand/claw origins.  I don't recall everything, but I assume they needed Logan alive to get his regenerative powers.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Yeah - the idea that adamantium can cut through adamantium was a new one to me.

So was sucking the healing factor from his bone marrow...

Still not as bad as anything from the Wolverine Origins movie, though.

I don't understand what use he can get out of "bone claws."  They'd be comparatively brittle and snap off pretty easy.  Only good for stabbing something fleshy - not slicing. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55 AM »
IIRC there was also a heating factor involved.  The sword that the Silver Samurai used had a heated blade but I don't recall right now if that was what he eventually used to cut off the claws.  But once he did cut them, he drilled into the bone marrow, as mentioned.  And, after the battle was over, the bone regrew but without the adamantium.

I'm just assuming the trailer/photos from DoFP are either an out-of-time Logan or Magneto helped him out somewhere. 

I actually liked The Wolverine but really dislike Wolverine Origins.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2014, 01:45 PM »
IIRC there was also a heating factor involved.  The sword that the Silver Samurai used had a heated blade but I don't recall right now if that was what he eventually used to cut off the claws. 

Yeah, that's what he used... a lightsaber... flaming-sword... Azor Ahai reborn.  Sorry, wrong movie, show.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Kind of glad I never went to see this.  The guy had a "hot sword" to cut through admantium?  Seriously?  Doesn't Logan survive the A-bomb in the beginning of the movie?  I have to think that was perhaps hotter than the sword...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2014, 02:54 PM »
IIRC, the story was that the Silver Samurai's sword may have been made of adamantium.  But I skipped on seeing The Wolverine, so I couldn't say for certain.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2014, 03:05 PM »
IIRC, the story was that the Silver Samurai's sword may have been made of adamantium.  But I skipped on seeing The Wolverine, so I couldn't say for certain.

I read that too, but I don't find it any more plausible.  Heat up the admantium and suddenly it can slice through other forms of admantium?  Maybe at an incredibly high temp, but at that temp wouldn't it equally melt the sword?  Does anyone actually think this crap through when writing a script?