Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353342 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1245 on: November 17, 2009, 05:39 AM »
Damn!  We have to wait until Fall 2011 for the AT-AT.  I guess the good news is that it's still coming out.  Eventually.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1246 on: November 17, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Yeah, good news that we will get it one day... hopefully they will bring the Snowspeeder back at the same time - I'd love a repaint Snowspeeder with Wedge, Janson, and maybe a new Echo Base Hoth Rebel.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 17, 2009, 11:59 AM »
Yeah, I was disappointed to hear it was delayed a year as well (seems like all their spiffy ESB stuff is getting delayed/cancelled) - but glad to hear that it is still on the way at least.  It really seems like they are missing a great opportunity with Empire's 30th Anniversary with a lot of this stuff though.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 23, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Man, does that AT-AT news mean Wal-Mart still couldn't spare 18 inches of space for another year?  Come to think of it, is anybody's Wal-mart even stocking Cinema Scenes this season?  I'm pretty positive all the WMs in my area have zero space alloted to them, and might not until at least February (unless they put them on a standalone pallate or end-cap for a few weeks before Christmas, maybe).  

BTW, it feels like I just keep passing and passing on GH product lately.  The rainbow of Jedi Starfighters isn't that exciting to me, I *hate* that Endor Attack set (Would it have killed them to jam a Paploo-arm on Poncho Leia?  Repaint Logray into a Teebo? Or to just add the glider to the other, also not that great, Endor scene?), and I haven't quite decided if the Costco Falcon set is worth $28 AND getting a member to pick it up for me.

Bah humbug.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:47 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 23, 2009, 09:04 PM »
New cinema scenes announced !!!!!!
Escape from Kamino (EPISODE II: Attack of the Clones)
Attack on the Invisible Hand (EPISODE III: Revenge of the Sith)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2529

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 24, 2009, 06:13 AM »
I definitely like these, it'll be nice to have ROTS and AOTC ships for both Anakin and Obi-Wan.  I sold all of my Titaniums and Lego just to make room for all of these ships!

On another note, I sure hope we're getting a TIE Fighter sometime in 2010.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1251 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57 AM »
That AOTC Slave I repaint should have been a no-braininer, I'm surprised I wasn't expecting that one.  Looks good, but I think I'll end up passing on both since they're basically just repaints of ships we already have.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 24, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Yeah, they both look nice, but I'll continue to stick to OT-only with these.  Like Jeff said, the Slave 1 repaint was a no brainer, but I guess I never really thought of that either.  I can't say I've bought much from the GH line for awhile now, although I notice the sales on these things really seem to pick up around the holidays - at least here locally.  Still need to get the Endor set with the Jedi spirits, but I think I'm caught up otherwise.  I'm hoping we see another new OT vehicle set next year, since the AT-AT has been delayed.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 24, 2009, 04:46 PM »
My sister and Brother in law gave me the Costco Millenium Falcon for my birthday.  Very cool little ship, but my 3 year decided it was his ship now...  Only issue I've had was the landing gear doesn't like staying i the front slot, so I stuck some double sided tape on there and I'm all set.  I love how everything breaks away when its dropped, because then nothing breaks!
I am not the Stig

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 1, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Not a major Toys R Us discount, but I saw that the GH Cinema Scenes will be on sale for $19.99 and 2 packs for $4.99 in an email ad. It's a one day sale (12/2-12/2).

Also, I saw the Snowspeeder set at Target today.  I'm not sure if I've seen this one in person previously (getting old), but man, it's a nice vehicle.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 25, 2009, 02:32 PM »
We finally have confirmation from Hasbro that the TRU-exclusive Cinema Scenes will still be released, thanks to Yodasnews' question from the Q&A.  Look for them around March.  8)

YN: Any word as to when we might see those missing Galactic Heroes sets? The "Kamino Showdown" and "Purchase of Droids" sets were supposed to show up at TRU stores in August hit the shelf? So far we have neither heard nor seen anything. Have these sets been cancelled? Please say NO. Thanks!

Hasbro: It's taken a while for the previous TRU Galactic heroes Cinema Scenes to move through retail, but right now we are looking at March on-shelf. We have packaged samples ourselves so they should be shipping soon if all goes well.

Pics courtesy Han's Hideout:

Offline jestermon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 9, 2010, 04:09 AM »
I lately bought the Freeco Speeder, then was forced to finally get off the fence about space suit Obi-Wan and it sucked me back in.

Man I have been outta the Star Wars loop too long, when was the AT-AT even mentioned?

What price point would that thing even be at?

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 6, 2010, 09:14 AM »
I wonder if the Kamino and Droids Purchase sets will be updated with the new figures that we have seen such as Jango Fett with removeable helmet and 2009 Jawa ????

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 11, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Found the new Y-Wing and Ryloth sets at Target this morning.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 12, 2010, 02:15 AM »
Sweet.  I can't wait to see that Y-Wing.

HTS has the newest 2-packs in stock:

ARF Trooper & Anakin Skywalker
Clone Gunner & Rocket Battle Droid
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Commander Fil
Stormtrooper & Darth Vader