Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)  (Read 35534 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 02:17 PM »
My bad.  Numa got a fair amount of screen time during that Ryloth story arc.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 03:14 PM »
You would hope that if there were a Jedi (Ahsoka) so closely linked to The Ghost crew that Ahsoka would have pulled Kanan and Ezra aside and tried to train them.

Ahsoka wasn't on the best of terms with trusting Jedi when she decided to leave the Order.  I could see her distancing herself from any Jedi until she knew she could trust them.

That's the one I was remembering... maybe that's Hera's older sister?  Or maybe they will retcon her color change as a Twi'lek puberty thing like you said. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Why does Gull Trayvis look like David Niven? Will the gang try to steal the Pink Panther?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:40 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 05:09 PM »
I like the idea that the CR90's are just to throw you off...  I've said it before and will again, in the EU they're like fly dirt, and EVERYONE uses them.  The Tantive IV is (was) one of several other Tantive's, the Alliance used one to destroy multiple destroyer command towers in dry dock, the Empire used them...  They're everywhere and in even a wide variety of designs.

I like the idea that others have them, and are using them, including perhaps Ahsoka with her own little clique of Rebels perhaps working alongside Mothma, Organa, and other planets that make up the early Alliance.

I like the thought that Hera and the gang really are just a little group getting sucked into something that was in motion long before they got together.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: March 2, 2015, 08:22 PM »
Season One is wrapping up soon...  about 40 mins or so?  I'm kind of surprised how little chatter is going on among the collecting world.  There are either a lot less folks around than in 2008, or it's just not caught on quite the same TCW did.  Remember the grand debates of that year?  People loved it, hated it, and there was tons of talk about it.

I'm finding Rebels to be slower, in general, but still interesting.  I'm actually watching tonight's episode live rather than DVR'ing it which I usually do.  I hate the Monday time slot, personally.  But I am intrigued about who they'll reveal, if anyone, and what way they'll wrap the Season One up.  I'm almost expecting them to do something actually dramatic.  Maybe not...  maybe just wishful thinking on my part?  I'm hoping for something cool tonight though!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 2, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Good call on Fulcrum.

Vader looks McQuarrie Mask angry.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: March 2, 2015, 09:34 PM »
OK, so I'm digging how things are shaping up...  the group was just one of many cells, being manipulated by the people who formed the early Alliance's leadership basically.  That is neat, establishes a lot.  Pretty simple.

In the episode, not a snowball's chance this many people fit in a fighter's cockpit like that.  It was a plot thing, even brought up in context, but I didn't care for it.

Bit of melodrama to it all, the dialogue and things were a little over the top at times (George sneak in there and do some writing?), but overall the episode was pretty neat, interesting...  And to off someone, or seemingly do so, was kind of bold on the show's part.

So, some little technical nitpicks aside, I thought they did a nice little story overall to wrap up the Season One.  :)  It opens the galaxy up a good deal for Season Two...  Hopefully off friggin' Lothal, which has been overused at this point!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: March 2, 2015, 09:52 PM »
And, I'm still pretty convinced that Fulcrum is Ahsoka...  or at least I'm hoping that's the way they go.

Sweet.  8)

Looking back at Season 1, I'm glad it worked out this way.  If "Fulcrum" was revealed to be part of this show early on, she would have probably swayed the attention from the new characters.  Now, for season 2, she can pop into the story when needed as the contact to the bigger Rebel Alliance and we'll still care about the new guys too.

Too bad we'll never get a Rebels Ahsoka figure #hasbrohatesfemalefigures :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: March 3, 2015, 12:26 AM »
I really REALLY liked that Ahsoka "grew up" too.  I was worried they'd ignore the Togruta physiological changes for fear of her not being recognizable enough.  I liked what they did though.

I didn't like that apparently she's like Nancy and Sluggo and her wardrobe is that same outfit she left the Jedi Order in.

As a sort of fallen Jedi, are people aware of her status?  Has Bail (who was sorta friendly with OWK) let Obi know she's made contact and is helping?  Or does everyone basically ignore Yoda and OWK at this point?

People think OT cameos are cool, and I liked the Lando one (it wasn't too bad at all), but I personally hate them.  I hate the thought that they'll cross paths with Han and Chewie (I just know they're going to), or maybe a young Luke, or Boba Fart & his cronies...  that stuff gets to me.

However, I'd kinda dig seeing them cross paths with TCW characters more.  Some Mandalorians (especially with Sabine's armor and assumed background with them), maybe a surviving Clone or two?  I'd kinda dig seeing some stuff like that, over OT cameos that just feel forced and unnecessary.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: March 3, 2015, 12:56 AM »
Too bad we'll never get a Rebels Ahsoka figure #hasbrohatesfemalefigures :P

Well, that didn't take long - don't know if they are basic figures or Mission Series, but Ahsoka/Vader figures are coming this Fall!   :D

« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 12:59 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: March 3, 2015, 01:07 AM »
The article has nice S2 Tidbits too, like Vader and Ahsoka won't be used heavily because it doesn't make sense to show Vader losing all the time and stuff.  Good to hear.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 3, 2015, 01:11 AM »
I went from really disliking this show to being super psyched about it going forward thanks to these last three episodes
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #72 on: March 3, 2015, 01:40 AM »
I had been overseas for most of the fall so I've been catching up on the show lately. I was very unsure about the early episodes. Very wobbly on its new legs. But these last three episodes have really found their stride and tonight was excellent. I actually did three total fanboy 'Yeah's!' in a row - the arrival of the Rebel ships, Ahsoka and Vader. I knew about Vader, but it's Vader. Seeing Ahsoka again was fantastic, and reading the little bit in USA Today gives me a lot of optimism that the character will be well served and that we won't actually see what I think a lot of people expect, which is her demise by Vader. I have a feeling we'll see Ahsoka well into her old age, and these sequel movies they're making. I have tons of thoughts on why that's a great idea, but for now, I'm very excited about the future of Rebels, which I initially viewed as something of a stop gap to get people over until the movie. I never expected them to get into Ahsoka or any CW characters, at least so early, or apparently transition to Vader as a semi-regular antagonist. Couple thoughts on the episode:

* I love the white sabers reflecting her non-allegiance as well. Ahsoka is no longer a Jedi and that's another reason I think her story will and should continue into the ST era, where the restoration of the Jedi Order would seem to be a pivotal plot point.

* I enjoy the little heists and 'distractions' the team pulls off but the ineffectiveness of the Stormtroopers becomes increasingly a liability to the idea of the Empire being any sort of competent threat. I like they've made the troopers a little human ('not again') but it drifts towards the Battle Droid hokeyness that destroyed them as credible antagonists. I get troopers are classically challenged when it comes to their aim, but c'mon man.

* What did Tarkin take Kanan to Mustafar for?

* Hopefully they stick to the Inquisitor being dead. I expect they will (why have one when you can have more). Also like that absolutely ridiculous saber of his got him killed in the end. Bottom line, he needed to die; he couldn't even kill a kid who stood there not knowing what to do with a lightsaber.

* Man, those TIE cockpits sure got smaller by the time we got to ANH, right?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: March 3, 2015, 04:05 AM »
Haven't seen the episode yet due to being overseas right now...but...I still can't get over my loathing of the idea of Ahsoka.  I am still half thinking she will show up in Episode VII as well.  Call me a canonist or a purist or close minded or whatever it was a dumb idea to begin with.  HOWEVER, since she isn't mentioned in the OT and Kenobi's speech about Vader hunting down the Jedi sets up a possible cool scenario down the road.  Vader offing his former student and ending her run in SW shoe horned history.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #74 on: March 3, 2015, 04:17 AM »
I hope that Vader runs into Ahsoka, and calls her snips before he kills her.

I know a lot of you are excited to see her in the new series, but the Clone Wars series with her in it was pretty terrible most of the time and I was hoping they would move away from it....far away.

Overall I like this series, and this episode was great.  The best part about it is my four-year old likes it and it will get him excited for Episode VII.
This is the way.

I have spoken.