Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114839 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 03:39 PM »
You CAN rack folded droids works with this it just does not come with them.

I think this is going to rot on shelves like the Shuttle but only worse. $140? I can't see the average schmoe plunking down for this it does not look agressive at all. Do kids really want to dispense BD's? TPM basically flopped so I questions their wisdom on banking on this. I will buy one to support the line but that's it. (Yeah, where is the sailbarge? I want a place for all of those Jabba goons to hang out.)

If these things go on clearance for half price or something I am going to go ape****.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Every single large vehicle has at least reached half price clearance at some point so I don't see why this one would be any different.  I think I've said it before, but would we really have another large vehicle this year if the Shuttle didn't do well enough?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2012, 04:29 PM »
I'm just baffled as to why this didn't come out with the rest of TPM merchandise.  That might have sold a couple...

Hasbro sales were through the roof in 1999...they just mass produced the hell out of it...to the point where retail got super duper pissed (Freeze Frames anyone?)  I wish digital phone cameras were around back then, I still remember 30+ pegs of Freeze Frames in the Target clearance aisles

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2012, 04:30 PM »
There wasn't enough time between the shuttle release and MTT development for the sale of the former to impact the release of the latter.

My money is on this thing getting to 50% pretty quick. They'll probably change the basic price point at some time as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Yeah, they missed a golden opportunity...

TPM3D has NOT done well...  20.5 is the minimum projected for them to progress with other 3D releases, no?  Not the ammount they were really hoping for.  That isn't a good thing, really.

Now, that said, TPM crap was selling well this weekend...  That I did notice and I can't imaginei t was different anywhere else.  My stores sold through a LOT of figures in all 3-4 lines over the weekend, all the packs and vehicles...  Shelves aren't cleared out but a lot of stuff sold (especially DTF and Vintage).

This would've been a good time to have MTT's out. 

I'm still nto sold on the MTT as a value though.  $140 is pretty outrageous for this IMO.  The ship is smaller than the AT-TE and AT-AT from what I can guess by pics, and I find it a little boring.

Half price is even a rough one for me to justify the purchase but I'd at least consider it at that point.  Not before though.  I'd do without it otherwise.  It's underscaled, the pack-in droids suck IMO and the price is way too much for me.  Other than the AT-TE, i haven't bought one of these full price, and actually I haven't bought one of these for anything more than 50% actually.  The scale alone is enough for me not to care ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2012, 05:02 PM »
The price of this thing is baffling. While $100 seems perfect for the big vehicles, I could have understood $120ish considering most prices seem to be up by about 20% this year compared to 2010 and 2011. $140 makes it seem like Hasbro wants this to fail. While I really like the look of the MTT, I will definitely be shopping around for deals.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09 PM »
I'm just baffled as to why this didn't come out with the rest of TPM merchandise.  That might have sold a couple...

Yeah, they missed a golden opportunity...

I would have to imagine the reason it isn't at retail right now is because retail didn't want it now. :P You'd essentially be asking them to take a risk on a $140 object at their slowest time of the year.

Yeah, I know the movie is out now, but what does that really get you in terms of casual (parent/kid) buyers?   Anyone honestly think the average parent in this economy would drop $140 on a non-holiday present just for the hell of it?  OK, maybe there are a few kids out there with February birthdays, but that's it. 

Sure if it were out now you'd get the hype and maybe a few collectors would bite now, but probably not enough to off-set the parents who have no reason to buy this until Christmas...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Good points Jeff.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06 AM »
In all honesty the prices on all of the SW merchandise is way to high right now.  $30 for Pod Racers?  $10 for figures?  Now $140 for this?  It's not a very bright move in my opinion.  Maybe it's out of necessity?  Greed?  I don't know, but it does not bode well in my opinion.  I guess it's good for being able to find items though!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2012, 07:15 AM »
From the looks of it almost nobody is buying this when it first comes out.

It actually has me rethinking picking it up right away too.

Is anyone at all getting this right away?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I've changed my mind and will wait for a sale/clearance.  I was not $140+tax impressed by its showing at ToyFair.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58 AM »

I'm still mulling it over...  I may not pick it up the very first time I see it, but I'm sure I'll end up with one before they hit clearance.

I've changed my mind and will wait for a sale/clearance.

I thought you quit SW?  Or are you planning to use this to cart around your BATs?  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 10:06 AM »
I thought you quit SW?  Or are you planning to use this to cart around your BATs?  :P

Optimus Prime could use a big brown turd full of bats to hall around from time to time.  Three way  :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2012, 10:55 AM »

Yes, I'll get one of each big item at full price, regardless of what it is.  I feel with as much as I've spent on this hobby and as much as I push for these bigger items, it would be hypocritical of me to wait for clearance - and if people like me aren't willing to pay the retail price, then I'm not sure we're going to see the big items continue into the future.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Optimus Prime could use a big brown turd full of bats to hall around from time to time.  Three way  :D

Perfect.  Now I'm thinking that a 3 way between Optimus Prime, a BAT, and a Battle Droid would end very badly for the 2 smaller droids.