Collectibles > The Legacy Collection

Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest

(1/9) > >>

shmashwitdaclub:
I didn't know where else to put this - and I haven't seen it posted on anywhere else yet so I thought I would share with you what I found while hunting today.  sorry if ths isnt new news

This is a new sticker that all of the Legacy figures have on them at my local Walmart in Mishawaka, IN.  They were not on the figures yesterday so I am thinking a Hasbro rep went in and slapped 'em on (which makes me question how I can instantly win on figures that were already in the store).

Anyway, I peeled the sticker off so I could share with you all - I took a picture of a figure with the sticker on the packaging in store but it came out crappy so I just decided to scan in the sticker I took.  When I removed the sticker you can see the mail away promo peeled off the package and is stuck onto the new sticker.

edit:  fyi incase it matters - all of the figures were that had stickers were Legacy ESB wave - none of the clone wars or saga legends had stickers.

edit x2:  just went to the website http://hasbro.promotions.com/swpromotix/page.do?page=splash.html and it is up and running

Jayson:
I heard and read reports on this too. Hasbro store reps have been seen putting these stickers on old product that would have been on shelves well before this promo was announced, so there would be ZERO chance you could win by purchasing that product. Pretty shady if those reports are true. I say buyer beware.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Jayson on May 11, 2010, 05:05 PM ---I heard and read reports on this too. Hasbro store reps have been seen putting these stickers on old product that would have been on shelves well before this promo was announced, so there would be ZERO chance you could win by purchasing that product. Pretty shady if those reports are true. I say buyer beware.

--- End quote ---

So whether or not you win is supposed to be inside the bubble?!?

Well, since the stickers aren't on the EU wave and the EU wave was the last run of figures, then putting these stickers on anything at a WalMart, Target, K-Mart, etc... would be nothing more than fraud.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on May 11, 2010, 05:14 PM ---So whether or not you win is supposed to be inside the bubble?!?

Well, since the stickers aren't on the EU wave and the EU wave was the last run of figures, then putting these stickers on anything at a WalMart, Target, K-Mart, etc... would be nothing more than fraud.

--- End quote ---

From the rules:

--- Quote ---Look for winning game pieces inside specially-marked Hasbro STAR WARS BUILD A DROID FIGURES, STAR WARS STARFIGHTER VEHICLES, STAR WARS COMIC PACKS and STAR WARS BATTLE PACKS products at participating retail locations from May 7, 2010 through July 26, 2010 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
--- End quote ---

Pete_Fett:
Thanks Jayson - YES, I can read.

But to me, it would be equally valid if there was a code or something on the underside of the sticker and if you peeled off the sticker that would destroy the code so the only way to look at the code under the sticker was to remove the bubble and look through the clear bubble to the underside of the sticker.

Then TECHNICALLY it would be looking "inside".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version