Author Topic: Watch Mammoth on Sci-Fi  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Watch Mammoth on Sci-Fi
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Sorry for the shameless promotion, but I wanted to promote the Sci-Fi original picture "Mammoth" airing on the 22nd. It's a bit of a deal for me because my good friend wrote it and our mutual friend directed it. It was almost my assignment, but for some reason, this premise work out better.

Is it good? I think it's a cut above the normal MOTW fare, but it's still a Sci-fi channel MOTW. It stars Vincent Vantreska, Summer Glau and Tom Skerrit. Enjoy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Watch Mammoth on Sci-Fi
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 11:45 PM »
I'm sorry, but isn't this a movie about an evil Mammoth that comes back seeking revenge?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 11:47 PM »
That's pretty cool, Anton.  So you're a writer?  Or director?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 08:19 AM »
I don't know, 76% of the Sci-Fi Channel Original "Movies" have been el sucketh.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Oh, come on, guys... Sci-Fi Channel movies are fun! The latest one, with the Purple People Eater Nazi Monster was cool as hell! I'll keep my eyes out for this killer revenge Mammoth movie!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05 PM »
That's pretty cool, Anton.  So you're a writer?  Or director?

I write. Or so I like to think. :P

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:49 PM »
That's great.  I'm a writer too (not of movies, though I'd like to be).  I studied cinema in college.  I had dreams of being a writer/director, but I ended up focusing on the writing.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Ahh, interesting- I'm afraid to say I probably won't have the time to watch the whole movie, but I'll keep my eyes out for it and see if I can at least see a few minutes. Most of the time I give these Sci Fi movies a skip, but they're pretty entertaining in their own right- although I have to admit I laugh at most of them rather than with them... ><

But your involvement/relation is cool, and I mean no disrespect at all for that. In a way I hope to become a writer as well, but not for cinema- ideally I'm hoping to be a graphic novelist; artist and author.

I have to notice Vincent Ventresca- I rather liked The Invisible Man, and it was one of many (or at least a few too many) shows Sci Fi needs to get out of their "vault of eternity" and start rerunning (I'm one of the admittedly not-too-many who liked Tremors the Series, as well- and I'd like to see at least the first season-and-a-third of Andromeda being rerun, the pre-kung-fu-rubbish era episodes). I'm kind of disappointed I missed the bee movie with Michael Shanks, too- I follow Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and Daniel Jackson's actually my favorite character.

EDIT: I saw a few minutes, and it was actually pretty good as the Saturday Sci-Fi movies go. The special effects were nothing to brag about but they never are, but the movie looked like it had a good sense of humor and the cast was pretty good- Vincent Vintresca is great, and I like his quasi-nerdy part here.

If I see it rerun, I'll try to see the whole thing ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 12:02 AM by Mitsukara »