Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS)  (Read 213472 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS)
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2019, 06:53 AM »
I have always wondered what the canonical take on Endor was.  We hear lines in ROTJ like "the forest moon of Endor" and "sanctuary moon".  That always lead me to believe the Ewoks lived on a moon, but we never see the planet.  Also, is the moon itself called Endor or is the planet that the moon orbits called Endor.  The wording in the first quote could be taken either way.  Maybe we will get to see more of this area of space in an establishing shot to show a planet with multiple moons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2019, 07:11 AM »
The name of the forest moon as "Endor" seems to have been interchangeable with the name of the larger planet, also known as Endor.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2019, 08:20 AM »
I guess in the EU they had some story about the alliance moving the Death Star 2 debris so the Ewoks wouldn't be wiped out. Maybe they dumped all the debris on this nearby moon. But it really does seem like Rey is on (the Forest Moon of) Endor at the beginning of the trailer.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2019, 06:03 PM »
The name of the forest moon as "Endor" seems to have been interchangeable with the name of the larger planet, also known as Endor.

I always took it that Endor was the planet and all the action takes place on Endor's moon.  If you use Earth as an analogy, aliens battling on our moon might refer to it as "The battle of Earth" or the "Moon of Earth," which is a little more descriptive than "The Battle on Unnamed moon."  The nickname "Sanctuary Moon" might refer to the moon having a hospitable atmosphere relative to other moons or the planet itself, which could be inhospitable.  What isn't clear to me is whether Kef Bir is another moon of Endor (which would make a lot more sense) or some other "nearby" system.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2019, 08:34 AM »
A clip has been posted on the official Star Wars YouTube channel.  And that scene is just SCREAMING for some TVC mini-rigs to be made.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2019, 09:33 AM »
They fly now??  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2019, 07:07 PM »
The clip that got released today was one of the most remarkable things I’ve seen leading up to the movie.  And it already explains a great deal. 

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2019, 10:57 PM »
The clip that got released today was one of the most remarkable things I’ve seen leading up to the movie.  And it already explains a great deal.

It floored me too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2019, 06:37 PM »
I downloaded the Rise of Skywalker soundtrack. I also have the soundtrack preorder on amazon. What is interesting is there is no star wars fanfare march at the beginning or ending titles. It definitely sounds like Star Wars but it is just missing. I think it's the oscar "for your consideration" soundtrack so that stuff isn't included. All the other tracks are here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:40 PM by Phrubruh »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2019, 07:01 AM »
I read through some snap reviews on social media following the premiere.  Full reviews are embargoed until closer to the theatrical release.  Most of the reviewers that have aligned with my own tastes were overwhelmingly positive so far.  A minority of these initial reviews found some faults with the movie, but given the state of Star Wars fandom I was not expecting universal acclaim.  From what I read I would put the reactions at 85% positive / 13% ambivalent / 2% negative.

FYI, the official embargo on reviews will be lifted tomorrow, Wednesday, December 18th at 3:01 AM ET / 12:01 AM PT.  So beware of possible spoilers from that time until your first screening.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:54 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Speaking of the premiere, one of the MN guys that frequents JD was invited to it.  He’s a cosplayer and was dressed as Palpatine.  There’s a picture on his Facebook page standing in costume next to Ian McDiarmid.  Freaking awesome!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2019, 11:07 AM »
I watched some of the "blue carpet" premiere show on the Star Wars YouTube channel last night, and I'm pretty sure I saw him taking a picture with Ian McDiarmid at one point.  It looked like a fantastic costume, too.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2019, 11:13 AM »
I watched some of the "blue carpet" premiere show on the Star Wars YouTube channel last night, and I'm pretty sure I saw him taking a picture with Ian McDiarmid at one point.  It looked like a fantastic costume, too.

I think one of his friends posted that on facebook as well. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2019, 02:35 PM »
I'm still not sure what to expect. People are confirming the leaks from over the summer, but not much else, so I am keeping an open mind. However, the backlash to this film might be even worse than with TLJ
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2019, 09:28 PM »
It can’t be any worse than it was for TLJ. That was some next level vitriol.

Most of the early reviews I’ve seen have been positive too, so I am hopeful. I just bought tickets for Thursday night, so it feels real now.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy