Author Topic: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 183268 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Episode 7 (reminder, it was released early this week).

Holy mother of mayhem! The best episode by far.

The Client is nothing more than Boss Hogg with a ragtag, backwoods brigade. Not everything has fallen into disrepair. Out there is Walker and his Texas Rangers. They must go through a lot of Awesome Cleaner.

We get the answer to our new favorite droid bounty hunter. Not completely buying what's essentially a consciousness. Love how we get some history for Kuiil through his heated exchange with Cara. And of course, more bite-size helpings of TINY. "He's trying to eat me."

Another Deborah Chow-directed episode. The Obi-wan series is in great hands.

Dammit Hasbro, where are my toys?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2019, 05:26 PM »
My scorecard is 5 great episodes and 2 good episodes. That was great and sad. I'll keep specifics out as I forgot when I clicked on thread today that episode 7 had aired
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2019, 08:08 PM »
HO. LY. ****!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2019, 09:52 PM »
Lots to love about "The Reckoning".

- Action was great, getting Cara, IG-11 and Kuiil back for the episode was really enjoyable.
- The nighttime attack by the creatures was suspenseful and the reveal of a new power for The Child was surprising.
- Herzog delivered another masterful depiction of The Client. I could listen to that guy talk all day.
- Return of the Death Troopers! Nice to see them still in service.
- The Imperial Troop Transport was awesome to see realized in live action
- Moff Gideon and he sweet cape and Outland TIE was sick. I wonder if all TIE could always do that or if that was something developed as a separate model
- Biker Scout running down Kuiil was a bummer and seeing poor baby Yoda on the ground sucked, I can see Mando going full John Wick to retrieve him (again).

Only one more episode for the season, I can't imagine that the story will be all wrapped up and I think were supposed to get some sort of reveal into the rise of the First Order before the season ends.

Deborah Chow has proven that she can direct and look forward to her work Obi-Wan series.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2019, 09:52 AM »
I thought we saw the Whills in the last season of The Clone Wars cartoon when Yoda went on his spiritual journey to turn into a force ghost.

Although the child is still a baby, he's 50 years old, he's got some rudimentary use in the force and it guides his instincts, but he definitely uses it like someone who is untrained....even though he is fairly strong in the force.

That's true, I forgot about that. Either way, my gut says the race is abnormally powerful. We don't have proof that all are force sensitive, but 3 for 3 being very powerful is pretty significant.
Macklunkey!

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07 PM »
So, do we all just burn down society if baby Yoda is dead or in serious peril at the end of season 8? It seems only fair.
Macklunkey!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2019, 04:21 PM »
So, do we all just burn down society if baby Yoda is dead or in serious peril at the end of season 8? It seems only fair.

Count me in!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2019, 03:13 AM »

That sounds like something worth rioting about!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Its pretty great that an actor is in trouble for dropping baby Yoda. I'm trying to piece together if baby Yoda is the biggest thing ever or if my head is so far inside Star Wars that I don't know the difference.  ???

https://uproxx.com/tv/bill-burr-drops-baby-yoda-the-mandalorian/
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2019, 09:01 AM »
I thought we saw the Whills in the last season of The Clone Wars cartoon when Yoda went on his spiritual journey to turn into a force ghost.

Although the child is still a baby, he's 50 years old, he's got some rudimentary use in the force and it guides his instincts, but he definitely uses it like someone who is untrained....even though he is fairly strong in the force.

That's true, I forgot about that. Either way, my gut says the race is abnormally powerful. We don't have proof that all are force sensitive, but 3 for 3 being very powerful is pretty significant.

I'm curious to see if they make the connection that the Child's species might be the Whills.

Beyond the Child, Yoda and Yaddle, there are more EU members of that species.  And guess what?  All of them were Jedi!  Vandar Tokare in KOTOR was one, there was another named Minch in a Dark Horse comic (although there was a thought when that came out that it was a younger Yoda, since some material related to his character during development referred to him as Minch Yoda), and I think there are at least another couple in there.

I think it's clear now that the Client was serving as a proxy for Moff Gideon.  I'm wondering if Gideon was part of the Contingency and sought Force sensitives on behalf of the agents associated with that movement?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2019, 09:57 AM »
The dogs woke me up early so I watched Chapter 8 before going to work.  I need a good chef's kiss gif file to post here!

This show is proof to all the haters that Disney can produce exceptional Star Wars stories.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Dang, where am I going to get my next fix until S2 begins?

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2019, 02:35 PM »
And the Mandalorian sans his helmet looks like...  The actor Pedro Pascal  ;D
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2019, 05:51 PM »
And the Mandalorian sans his helmet looks like...  The actor Pedro Pascal  ;D

Out of respect, I turned away and did not look.

This is the way.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2019, 09:44 PM »
That was awesome.  Loved that Moff Gideon had the dark saber from Rebels.

I need more Mandalorian.