Author Topic: Target Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6" Exclusives  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Target Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6" Exclusives
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Yakface is reporting that three Disney parks exclusive Black Series are coming to Target, along with some other goodies.  Great work Jayson!

The following are going to be sold as individual figures, not as part of larger three packs with repacks like they do at the parks.
- Hondo Ohnaka
- Mountain Trooper
- Captain Cardinal

The first two have been offered at the parks, but I'm unfamiliar with Captain Cardinal. 

No word if these will be at all Targets or just the ones that are Disney stores within a Target.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusives Coming to Target?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:00 PM »
I really hope they're exclusive to all Target stores, as we only have one remaining Super Target with a Disney section here, and it's way the heck out of the way. All other Targets have regressed to being "regular" Target stores.

That being said, I probably only want/need the Hondo figure. If we're able to preorder on Target.com, easy peasy.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 05:26 PM »
I don’t see why they can’t just sell the 3-packs. At this point, it shouldn’t have any kind of negative marketing impact on GE. I’ve still never gotten any of those, have never seen them online for a reasonable price.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:18 PM »
I don’t see why they can’t just sell the 3-packs. At this point, it shouldn’t have any kind of negative marketing impact on GE. I’ve still never gotten any of those, have never seen them online for a reasonable price.  :(

I'm glad for the individual release since I don't need another Rey, Kylo, or Chewie.  Unless your a completionist, then I see your worries.

Unfortunately, the closest Disney Target to me is 3-4 hours away!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Yakface implied that this will only be available at some Targets.  Not sure if that means the Disney Targets or what.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 02:17 PM »
It's an interesting development.  Having Hondo Ohnaka available on his own is pretty remarkable.  And so is the First Order Mountain Trooper.

The big news here is clearly that the Millennium Falcon is coming back to retail in this capacity.  $400 is a lot of money, but the TLC/TVC Falcon has gotten to be one of those must have items.  I'm wondering if there are going to be appreciable differences from the original release.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 03:04 PM »
The big news here is clearly that the Millennium Falcon is coming back to retail in this capacity.  $400 is a lot of money, but the TLC/TVC Falcon has gotten to be one of those must have items.  I'm wondering if there are going to be appreciable differences from the original release.

Hasbro could easily tweak this to make it a ST Falcon.  New dish, new pack-in figures (though Chewie could work here still, too), and new phrases from Rey, Finn and Poe.  Maybe even but in an escape pod instead of the mini-rig?  Would that be enough to get people to buy it again?  Would a straight re-release get others to buy what they might have missed the first time?  It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 11:24 PM »
It's an interesting development.  Having Hondo Ohnaka available on his own is pretty remarkable.  And so is the First Order Mountain Trooper.

I think they were intended to be park exclusives only until the covid crap went down as all 3 are in the previous packaging design.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 09:48 AM »
I wonder if these could also make it to Disney Stores?  Would have a bigger reach that way.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 02:22 PM »
Yakface implied that this will only be available at some Targets.  Not sure if that means the Disney Targets or what.

Any idea which stores near us are considered "Disney Targets?"  This is the first time I'm even hearing that term.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 04:39 PM »

Any idea which stores near us are considered "Disney Targets?"  This is the first time I'm even hearing that term.

I think Maple Groves is designated as one.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 06:47 PM »
Yeah, its a store within a store concept that is at select locations only.  In Minnesota its the Maple Grove North store that Steve mentioned.

Target has a search function on their web site that can help you find the store closest to you.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 01:00 PM »
Yeah, its a store within a store concept that is at select locations only.  In Minnesota its the Maple Grove North store that Steve mentioned.

Target has a search function on their web site that can help you find the store closest to you.

I looked through the store listings and there are less than 30 of these stores in the U.S.  It has me wondering if the partnership with Target is in place to get a Disney Store presence in markets where there are no standalone Disney stores?  The closest of these Target locations is almost some 70+ miles from me, but there are several Disney Stores in my vicinity.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 12:17 AM »
I was never going to pick these up from the park. Pretty pricey on top of being there for the day. Good call for these to become available nationwide.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 04:37 PM »

The two stores here that have Disney sections are "Super Targets" that have the bigger grocery/home section and compete even harder with Walmart. We used to have several of these, but are now down to two, with the rest being "normal" Targets. Dunno if that is in any way accurate, but my assumption is these will be at any Super Target.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks