Author Topic: CIV: Perks for Fan Club Members  (Read 3770 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
CIV: Perks for Fan Club Members
« on: February 2, 2007, 01:11 AM »
I just received an e-mail from SW.com about "perks" for fan club members and such.

"Star Wars Celebration IV -- Fan Club Members Have Exclusive Passport to Fun!

Members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club, and members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, will enjoy their very own exclusive benefits at Star Wars Celebration IV this May. Scheduled for May 24-28, 2007, the 30th anniversary weekend of the Star Wars saga, Celebration IV will bring days of fun, events, entertainment, and exhibits to the Los Angeles Convention Center -- and members of the Fan Clubs can enjoy one extra free day of exclusive access on Thursday, May 24!

Fan Club members who purchase a four-day, full show pass will be allowed entry one day before the rest of the general public is admitted to the show, at no extra cost. Here's what's in store for Members on Thursday, May 24:

Exclusive, First Access to the Celebration Store:
The Celebration Store will feature a great selection of cool merchandise created just for Celebration IV, including a yet-to-be-revealed exclusive action figure. Fan Club members can start shopping in West Hall A of the Convention Center at noon on Thursday, May 24. The store will be open just for them until 10:00 AM on Friday, May 25, when it will open for other show attendees.

First Access to the Celebration Exhibit Hall:
Fan Club members will get to have the first look at what's new in Star Wars collectibles, toys, and merchandise from licensees and dealers in the Exhibit Hall. Open from 12 noon to 8:00 PM on May 24 just for members, the exhibit hall will feature great displays, shopping, and planned Celebration IV exclusives from licensees.

First Access to Autograph Celebrities:
Official Pix will be returning to Celebration IV, and anticipate an even larger guest list of celebrities for fans to meet. The show's location in Los Angeles opens the door to many potential new guests as well. The Celebration Autograph Hall will be open just for Fan Club members on Thursday, May 24 from 12 noon to 8:00 PM.

Celebration IV Art Show:
Star Wars artists will offer spectacular, original lithographs created for Celebration IV, and Fan Club members will be the first to have the option to shop at the Art Show. Scheduled hours are 12 noon to 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24 for Fan Club members only, and then for all attendees the rest of the weekend.

First Access to the Fan Fair Hall:
Once again, Star Wars fans will be a great part of the entertainment for Celebration IV. The Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, scheduled for Hall G in the Los Angeles Convention Center, will be sparkling with exhibits, activities, and stages dedicated to the love of Star Wars. Members of the official Fan Clubs will get a chance to wander through and enjoy the displays before anyone else, from 12 noon until 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24.

First Viewing of the Star Wars Celebration Archive Exhibit:
Lucasfilm will produce an exhibit of props and costumes from the movie archives especially for Celebration IV, that will look back on 30 years of Star Wars magic. Members of the Fan Club have one extra day to take in this wonderful exhibit, from 12 Noon to 6:00 PM on May 24.

Two Special Celebration IV Film Tracks:
Members of the Fan Club can sit back and relax from the busy pace of Members-Only day in one of two soon-to-be-announced film tracks. The tracks will be open for continuous viewing from 12 noon on Thursday, May 24 until midnight just for Fan Club members, and then for everyone attending the show the rest of the weekend.

Join the Fan Club Now and Register for Celebration IV!:
To enjoy a the Members-Only day at Celebration IV, first join the Official Star Wars Fan Club. Then, register for a 4-day pass for Star Wars Celebration IV. Only Fan Club members with 4-day passes will be allowed in on the exclusive Fan Club day. Members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide should sign up for their fan clubs (United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Spain), and then register for Celebration IV.

Q: How will I prove that I'm a Fan Club member at Celebration?

A: When you register for Star Wars Celebration IV, check the "Fan Club Member" box. Membership status will be checked in April of 2007, before passes for the show are mailed. Membership will also be checked onsite against current membership lists from all clubs for those who pick up their passes at Will Call. Members will be given a special lanyard to attach to their passes, that will identify them as a Fan Club member and admit them to Members-Only Day and special shows and events. In short, make sure your membership is current from April 2007 through June of 2007 to be safe.

Q: What other benefits can I enjoy at Celebration IV as a Fan Club member?

A: Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club who purchase 4-day passes in advance of the show will also receive 4 Friends & Family coupons. These coupons can be used once, and will allow members to admit one family member or friend for each coupon to Member-Only Day, to the Fan Club Lounge, and to Fan Club exclusive shows.

The Fan Club Lounge is the Celebration IV exclusive meeting place for members only. Members can enjoy food and beverages to buy in their own private lounge, as well as scheduled meet-and-greet sessions with celebrities.

Select shows and entertainment are scheduled for Fan Club members, too! Members will be seated first for certain shows, and non-members allowed only if there are still seats available.

See even more of this can't-miss Star Wars party, Celebration IV, as a member of the Official Star Wars Fan Club!

Times and locations for all events and exhibits may change. Please check www.starwars.com for updates closer to the show."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: CIV: Perks for Fan Club Members
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2007, 06:48 AM »
I may just get it so I can get the brunt on my autographs done on that first day so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. But thats the only reason I'd want to get the "Fan Club".
I remember my dream now.