Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67670 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder
« on: December 4, 2009, 12:16 PM »
This is looking pretty good an more in scale with accurate details. I am digging the gunner cockpit, perfect for exploding in Daks face. I also like the molded detail on the canopy.

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3187&page=8
(You have to scroll down a bit)

(I hope that will be a blue A-Wing.)
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 05:03 PM by Scott »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Snow Speeder (Confirmed Rumor)
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2009, 12:30 PM »
I have asked for new Snowspeeder in scale for years from Hasbro, and they're finally doing it.  I'm almost ready to cry.  It's kind of my Wilrow Hood, if he were a vehicle I guess.  :P

I remember people saying way back when how the old one was fine, how it was the right scale, blah blah blah...  No. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2009, 12:33 PM »
I have asked for new Snowspeeder in scale for years from Hasbro, and they're finally doing it.  I'm almost ready to cry.  It's kind of my Wilrow Hood, if he were a vehicle I guess.  :P

I remember people saying way back when how the old one was fine, how it was the right scale, blah blah blah...  No. ;D

I was one who was satisfied with the old one knowing it was out of scale. I welcome any new OT vehicle especially when it's more accurate. The detail were nice on the old one but this is sharper. I just sold two of my 3 Snowspeeders yesterday, I really have no regrets now!

I may get an extra and modify it to fit in the electronics from the POTF2 one. I really love the sounds on that.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2009, 04:58 PM »
This is looking pretty good an more in scale with accurate details. I am digging the gunner cockpit, perfect for exploding in Daks face. I also like the molded detail on the canopy.

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3187&page=8
(You have to scroll down a bit)

(I hope that will be a blue A-Wing.)

Is that a 3.75" scaled swamp speeder and a droid gunship on that page too?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Yep.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2009, 05:03 PM »
I'm stocked about the Snowspeeder, and Droid Gunship. PLus there are pics out there of the new Cloud Car!

I never really liked the Swamp Speeder. I'll prolly get one to have it, but it's not high on my list of vehicles.

Hopefully NOW since the smaller Snowspeeder is being made, it will mean we are that much closer to getting a properly scaled AT-AT!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2009, 05:19 PM »
I'm stocked about the Snowspeeder, and Droid Gunship. PLus there are pics out there of the new Cloud Car!
I never really liked the Swamp Speeder. I'll prolly get one to have it, but it's not high on my list of vehicles.

I am not feeling that Swampspeeder or Droid Gunship. Something about them screams running out of ships to make, the Swampspeeder seems kind of useless. I will have to see the paint masters of them first before I decide. I would expect these two to show up in an episode this season. If the Droid Gunship is $70 they can kiss my ass because right now it looks like part of an incomplete Star Trek Enterprise model.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 4, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Ya I'm kinda wondering what they'll be charging for these new vehicles.  They don't really look like "starfighter asst" type $25 ships.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 4, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Like Jesse, this is one of my most wanted re-dos from the OT ships, so I really hope it does pan out.  Like it has been said, I believe Hasbro confirmed as such - but I was just waiting to hear that it got "tabled" like the Bespin Han and new Taun Taun (both of which would have been perfect for ESB's 30th Anniversary).  Aside from the Falcon, this was pretty much my favorite ship from my childhood to now (and those were basically the only ones I had too), so I'll be happy to pick up a few if it turns out nice and spiffy next year.  I'm also wondering if these would be "starfighter assortment" vehicles or not.  It would be nice to see something OT besides Vader's TIE in that assortment, but it would be surprising too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 4, 2009, 06:14 PM »
When was the last time this was considered a rumor?  Hasbro stated plain as day that they were working on a Snowspeeder as early as September of '08.

Now that that's out of the way?  It's very good to finally see it!  But the one detail that I'm curious to see isn't shown at all.  I want to see the cockpit.  Because that was easily the worst part of the vintage snowspeeder.  The pilot was barely kept in his seat because there was way too much room for the figure to flop around.  The gunner position was fine.  I'm really hoping that this version will address that glaring problem that the vintage snowspeeder had.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 4, 2009, 09:23 PM »
When was the last time this was considered a rumor?  Hasbro stated plain as day that they were working on a Snowspeeder as early as September of '08.

Until I see pics, everything is a rumour to me when Hasbro says they're "working on it".

Now that that's out of the way?  I'm looking forward to seeing it as well.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: December 4, 2009, 09:43 PM »
Very excited to see the Snowspeeder.    Like Jesse, this has been a big want for me for a long time.  Kudos on the Droid Gunship, too.  Swamp speeder - meh.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I remember the first time I brought this up to Hasbro actually a long time ago, the designer I spoke with at the time was surprised to learn the original was oversized, and it didn't seem real positive for an upgrade.  Oh how the times have a changed!  ;D  I'm simply giddy looking at that test shot. 

I'm anxious to see repaints already.  I'll buy any/every possible repaint they'd throw from the films.  I'm wondering if they've left any easy options to do versions missing armor panels as some of the models did (the POTF2 SS actually was a version of one missing some armor plating).  I'm not counting on it, but it'd be super neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2009, 03:28 AM »
We've got a much larger, and more detailed gallery of the prototypes posted on our front page...  Feel free to check them out:

Clicky to check it out.

The Snowspeeder is drool-worthy, even in neon green colors.  It reminds me of the Mellow Yellow car in Days of Thunder (What a horrid movie).

I like it though, and can't wait to see it in armored grey.  The ribbed padding of the cockpit ceiling is a nice touch.  Definite detailing there.  I'm real curious to see the rear gun, and any other details.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I have mixed feeling about this since I always felt that the only thing wrong with the old one was the seat, despite the fact that it is slightly over-scaled.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."