Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410864 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3630 on: November 20, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Not sure if anyone is looking, but while at WM looking for Luke/Yoda, I noticed that our local store had (finally) gotten in some of the “worthy” Captain America figures from Endgame. I had never seen one in the wild (and bought one on eBay), and they even rang up for $16.82. Might be worth taking another look if you are interested, an outstanding figure.

Thanks for the tip.  Not sure if I'm going to snag this one or not, but its more appealing at the lower price.  I already have so many different Captain Americas and don't have the space to display them all.  It's also a weird figure in that they really roughed up the shield, but Cap's uniform is all shiny and new. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: January 19, 2020, 01:09 PM »
Found the whole Super Skrull BAF wave at Walmart today! I immediately grabbed Doom but had to pass on the others. I would really like a SS figure but I don’t want to buy all those other ones to make him. I like the previous versions of the characters they did.

Of course Doom will be sporting the “classic” head sculpt on my display shelf.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 17, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Looks like Hasbro Pulse is sponsoring a Marvel Legends Fan Vote.  Voting starts in 5 days and lasts until 2/28.  Voting does require a Pulse account...you can read all about it right here.  If you scroll down you can see silhouettes of the 3 options.  Looks to me like another Elektra, Valkyrie, and [Insert your favorite base female figure].  I'm going with Captain Marvel despite the deluge of CM we received last year.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 22, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Hasbro guys love them some X-Men and Spider-Man.

As long as they are in the BAF reissuing mood, how about Annihilus?

Was there really a HasLab Sentinel announced or were people just joking about that on the comments thread?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 22, 2020, 08:56 PM »
Hasbro guys love them some X-Men and Spider-Man.

As long as they are in the BAF reissuing mood, how about Annihilus?

Was there really a HasLab Sentinel announced or were people just joking about that on the comments thread?

I did see the HasLab Sentinel thing mentioned on Instagram as well, but nothing concrete.

Overall, another huge convention for Legends. It seems like they show so much new at each of these shows (especially compared to Star Wars). Lots of neat stuff, hopefully a fair amount I can pass on though to afford other things. I am all in on that retro Spidey wave though! Gwen Stacy was at the top of my want list for this line for awhile now. I really like that Hugh Jackman Wolverine figure as well. X-Men movie stuff looks nice. You can tell there isn’t a big Avengers movie this year,as they are trying a lot of different themes (Deadpool again, Age of Apocalypse, Gamerverse, Venomized, etc)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07 PM »
My knowledge of comic book characters is limited. I mostly just think a lot of these figs are cool looking. I love the look of the Sugar Man BAF. Too bad I don't care much for figs it takes to make it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 24, 2020, 11:12 AM »
Couple of nice figures in that mix.  Iron Man 2020 and Red Hulk are the cream of the crop for me.  I will probably grab that Gwen Stacy for my Spiderman shelf and the new Domino looks pretty sweet.  Old Man Logan and Baby Hulk is a nice set too, but I already have a version of him I like better.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 24, 2020, 03:03 PM »
LOVE those Spider-Man TAS cards. All in on the Gwen, I'll have to wait and see the Spidey and Pete in person.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 9, 2020, 01:20 PM »
I was surprised to find a Deluxe Red Hulk on the bottom shelf at Target yesterday.  $30 feels like a lot when most of this line is clearancing at $10, but its a figure I don't didn't have in my Avengers display, so I brought one home.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: April 7, 2020, 01:43 AM »
90s Spider-Man TAS Marvel Legends Mysterio!

I lucked out and was able to get the 2018 ML Mysterio for retail, but man, I love the colors on this one. I grew up on the 90s Spidey animated series and the ToyBiz toyline, so I went ahead and preordered.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: April 8, 2020, 12:07 PM »
90s Spider-Man TAS Marvel Legends Mysterio!

I lucked out and was able to get the 2018 ML Mysterio for retail, but man, I love the colors on this one. I grew up on the 90s Spidey animated series and the ToyBiz toyline, so I went ahead and preordered.

I’m so in on this 90s retro line. I’ve liked the other releases they have done so far, but this Spidey-centric one really has me excited. I got the previous Mysterio as well (great figure), but already have this preordered. Honestly, these Legends retro lines, and stuff like the 40th Anniversary Star Wars (or OT vintage collection) are really the only things I keep a carded set of. Just love that old school packaging.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: May 4, 2020, 02:19 PM »
90s Spider-Man TAS Marvel Legends Kingpin!

I'm so glad I didn't track down that Kingpin BAF from last year

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: May 23, 2020, 04:25 PM »
More neat Legends reveals for “Fan First Friday’s” yesterday, rounding out the Spidey retro wave with Electro, Green Goblin, and Daredevil (Armored). Also a real nice classic Moon Knight, which is unfortunately a Walgreens exclusive (better than Wal-Mart). Then, at the end, they showed a tease of the rumored Haslab Sentinel. They showed a leg next to a Legends Jubilee and Wolverine, which looked to come up to approximately mid calf?!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: May 28, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Got my Retro Spidey wave preordered! I should probably preorder an extra Mary Jane so I can display one as MJ and the other as Gwen.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: July 2, 2020, 08:16 PM »
Found a random Iron Man 2020 on the pegs at Walgreens today, had no idea this was coming out anytime soon. It wasn’t marked as an exclusive or anything either, but also no BAF part.

I was a big fan of the Machine Man miniseries where the character first debuted, so I grabbed him immediately. Will look nice fighting MM in my Legends display!