Author Topic: The Clone Wars - It's Back  (Read 14819 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - It's Back
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Spoilers ***********

I was surprised to see last week's episode (Episode 9) seemed to take place minutes before the begin of ROTS.  So this will really be the end of The Clone Wars.

I'd love to see a separate spin off that follows some of the journeys of Ahsoka between this timeline and Rebels.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 06:13 PM »
I was really excited to see a notable character from the Mandalorian storyline in Rebels turn up in last weeks episode.  And there was also the matter of a certain padawan standing next to his master at a Jedi strategy meeting!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Oh, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just watched the new episode and it was beyond fantastic.  I'm going to keep it spoiler free because you REALLY need to see this and appreciate it for yourself.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:36 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2020, 05:40 PM »
I agree.  Excellent episode.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2020, 11:56 PM »
Did I see Dryden Vos in there??

Great, great stuff. Add so much texture to ROTS I feel like.

I thought it would have been a nice nod to the Tartakovsky series if they had mentioned Roronn Corob and the other 2 Jedi being sent to guard the Chancellor rather than Shaak Ti. In my mind that will always be the preferred version anyway. If for nothing else than the fact that it explains Grievous’ hacking cough.  :)

More thoughts to share but need to watch it again.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2020, 09:30 AM »
These last two episodes have been fantastic.  I honestly like these better than the recent movies.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2020, 10:34 AM »
These last two episodes have been fantastic.  I honestly like these better than the recent movies.

Agreed.

I'm interested to see how Ahsoka survives Order 66 (I've got some ideas but don't want to speculate here) and if they explain how Rex makes it out of the clone army to survive until Rebels.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Did I see Dryden Vos in there??

Seeing him along with the Pykes and a Falleen (from Black Sun I imagine) really helped provide some linkage for Maul to the crime syndicates.  The development of these connections has been done in such a great way to enrich this story in the context of the entire saga.

I'm interested to see how Ahsoka survives Order 66 (I've got some ideas but don't want to speculate here) and if they explain how Rex makes it out of the clone army to survive until Rebels.

This was hinted at in the 'Ahsoka' novel, but never fully fleshed out.  I'm curious to see that, too.

Other note?  The throwback to the original Lucasfilm logo has been great.  And the very distinct credit for George Lucas as the creator at the end of the episodes has been a beautiful acknowledgement of his work.  This Vanity Fair article that ran last week was a tremendous exploration of Ahsoka's impact on the Clone Wars series and Star Wars as a whole.  Dave Filoni put forth in the piece that it was George's express intent to disrupt things by introducing a Padawan for Anakin Skywalker.  And for that I'm thankful, because Ahsoka is a character that my own daughter has come to really enjoy watching in both Clone Wars and Rebels.

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 11:19 AM »
My sons and I were really blown away by the last two episodes.  The richness of the animation and the action sequences were fantastic.  For my 16yo to repeatedly say 'That is siiiick', when he's normally not impressed with anything, I thought was a great testament to just how well done this final arc is.  It only makes me wonder why they waited until the end to roll out this animation, unless it just wasn't available to them before now, or they didn't have the budget they have now to spend on it...  Either way, what a fantastic way to end the series.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 2, 2020, 12:51 PM »
I was able to watch the new episode this morning.  And the way the events of this episode dovetailed with things that took place in Revenge Of The Sith was really well done, along with linking back to a story arc that took place at least a couple of seasons ago.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 4, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I have always been hot and cold on this series, and the beginning of this season was sort of par for the course for me.

The final four episodes were fantastic.  Clearly knowing the finality of the run enabled Filoni to make big moves with the characters and tie them and the events unambiguously to the continuity.

The ending was phenomenal.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 5, 2020, 12:50 AM »
That last arc and especially last two episodes were close to perfection and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. That final scene was the most I've ever felt Vader is/was Anakin if that makes sense. Wow.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: May 5, 2020, 09:30 AM »
While I've had my issues with this series over the years, these last four episodes were absolutely fantastic!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 5, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Agreed with everyone else. Show had its ups and downs, but overall is very entertaining. First 8 episodes were pretty meh, but the last 4 were great and left me wanting more. I guess that's what Rebels is for, so I guess I should finally watch the last 3 seasons.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks