Author Topic: 2021 Target TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick  (Read 13253 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2021, 11:57 PM »
Local friend drove over into Ohio to get some and got me one.  I’m glad to get Merrick and annoyed at Target’s completely weird rollout on this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2021, 08:13 PM »
I got in on the 2pm listing on target circle last week thanks to the yakface patreon. It arrived today in great shape though the box is long enough to put a guitar in it.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2021, 10:14 PM »
I received mine in the mail today thanks to a friend (thanks again, Rob! :)).

Even though I had no need for yet another giant sized X-Wing, I love it. Not sure what it is about this X-Wing sculpt or the tweaks they keep making to it, but I'll probably keep buying them every time they release a new one.  Bring on more Blue Squadron pilots!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2021, 12:11 PM »
My pleasure!  With the Clone Wars stuff you sold me, I'm about 200 favors away from being even. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2021, 12:28 PM »
I love it when collectors help collectors.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2021, 02:11 PM »
This seems to be popping in and out of stock for very, very small windows today.  I've seen it twice now but missed it both times.  Hopefully there is more to come.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2021, 12:53 PM »
During my 45 minute wait for the two associates to find the X-Wing in the bowels of the stock room, I noticed there were new figures on the pegs.  I grabbed an IG-11 and a Teebo (Need a second for the alternate headdress.)

The associate that got the X-Wing for me noticed I grabbed the new figures as well and mentioned he had just pulled them out because they're getting ready to gear up for Christmas.  I would not be surprised if the X-Wing shows up a lot more as they reset the toy aisles for Christmas.

Hopefully that will be the case. I still prefer to find things in the wild rather than buy online but I don't see a spot on the shelves for this guy at my local Targets yet. $100 is high, but it's been awhile since I've bought an X-Wing and am totally down for this, especially for the figure.

Rogue One was my favorite disney movie & I'd love to see Hasbro keep doing more Rogue One with Andor coming out soon.  I'd 100% be down for a Haslab U-Wing as mentioned earlier in the thread. Or more Blue Squadron, more of the Rogue crew is a TVC format or even just repaints/rereleases of the Shoretroopers and other army builders.
"This is the way."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2021, 01:32 PM »
I watched Rogue One again the other day and boy do we need all the Blue Sqaudron pilots.  I hope Hasbro/Disney makes this the next troop builder 4-pack or starts to work these guys in to the Vintage lineup.  They should be able to kitbash these guys pretty good with new heads, helmets, and paint on existing body tooling.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2021, 02:47 PM »
In the same vein, I'd also love to see TVC U-Wing Pilot:

I feel like they could mostly reuse the X-Wng pilot body, and change out the chest piece, and then just tool the new helmet.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2021, 02:51 PM »

I feel like they could mostly reuse the X-Wng pilot body, and change out the chest piece, and then just tool the new helmet.

Totally agree, and I'd love to see him packed with a U-Wing (or at least released around the same time as one)!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2021, 11:55 AM »

Totally agree, and I'd love to see him packed with a U-Wing (or at least released around the same time as one)!

I'm holding out hope for a TVC U-Wing.  I think that ship will almost certainly turn up in the ANDOR series on Disney+.  And Blue Squadron pilots?  Bring them on!

What gives me some hope for a TVC U-Wing is how Hasbro handled the T-70 X-Wing.  They released 3 of those basic versions in the TFA and TLJ toy lines.  But then Hasbro released a completely revamped TVC T-70 X-Wing in THE RISE OF SKYWALKER deco.   That pointed out to me that Hasbro is willing to revisit vehicles that had been recent releases with vastly improved versions.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2021, 05:31 PM »
I watched Rogue One again the other day and boy do we need all the Blue Sqaudron pilots.  I hope Hasbro/Disney makes this the next troop builder 4-pack or starts to work these guys in to the Vintage lineup.  They should be able to kitbash these guys pretty good with new heads, helmets, and paint on existing body tooling.

Yeah, I would have much rather had a blue squadron pack then the rebel fleet troopers. Hopefully blue squadron is next.
Macklunkey!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2021, 11:18 AM »

Yeah, I would have much rather had a blue squadron pack then the rebel fleet troopers. Hopefully blue squadron is next.

That'd be a great use of the troop builder concept. I hope they keep putting those out.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2021, 05:23 AM »
According to Taret’s website oly 1 in 19 store In the Denver Area will carry this, and the one is nowhere close to me. Have any of you not iced your local store getting the X-Wing when target.com list the store as not carrying the item?
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2021, 08:48 AM »
Target has a promotion on Disney items, and the Blue Leader X-Wing qualifies.  It’s buy two, get one free.  And it’s in stock on the Target website right now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback