Author Topic: Target 2021 Retro Collection Multi-Color Boba Fett  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2021 Retro Collection Multi-Color Boba Fett
« Reply #60 on: August 6, 2021, 12:40 PM »
I haven't had any immediate cancelations.  But 3 times I've had them get canceled an hour or two later when the employees couldn't locate the stock. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 6, 2021, 03:46 PM »
So, I spent a good deal of time talking to Target about my order issues this morning.  Couple of interesting findings to share with the group:

#1 - if you get an email that says they can't fulfill your order, that is NOT a cancellation.  Open up the email and click "Check Alternate Options" then try to move your pick-up to another store
#2 - if you cancel the order at any time the system locks you out for 24 hours.  That means you can place another order for it, but you will instantly get a cancellation notice.  Apparently it needs that amount of time to verify that you didn't pick up the order.  This is 24 hours from the point when the order is officially cancelled - it isn't cancelled if it just says they can't fill your order.
#3 - your order will be cancelled automatically after 24 hours if you do nothing, but that means you're waiting 48 hours from the time you placed the order until the time you can place another order that won't be automatically cancelled.
#4 - you can create another account to increase your chances, but you need a different email/phone/credit card

I can't figure out in this day and age why they would make a system that prevents you from ordering the same item again within 24 hours.  Maybe to prevent pranksters from repeatedly ordering and cancelling something?  Not sure why that would matter if no one has gone to fill the order yet anyway.

I tried ordering from four stores today and got the auto cancel on the last three because my initial order wasn't cleared out of the system.  I just cancelled a few hours ago, so can't reorder any of the Fetts that are popping up until tomorrow.  I made a second account and tried to order one that way, but got the dreaded "your item is unavailable" email.  This time I clicked Alternate Options to order from a different store.  Looks like that still didn't work - it shows as cancelled on Target.com, but I haven't gotten an email about it yet.  Hopefully I can still order if more show up at least versus the auto cancellation on the other account.

Since stores appear to be getting only 3-4 of these and all the online orders are getting cancelled, I'm guessing employees are picking them up in the staging area then zeroing them out of the system.  There's no locations showing up using the DPCI and my understanding is that the fulfillment orders get taken care of before items get put on the floor.  I'm sure there will be lots of these popping up on FB Marketplace shortly.  What a joke.

*Update* - moving the item to another store only worked the one time.  When the second store didn't come through, they just cancelled the order, so you apparently can't keep trying at other stores.  Now both accounts are locked out of ordering until tomorrow.  Neat!
« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 04:02 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 8, 2021, 07:36 PM »
I did notice point 1 there with my orders

But what good is it if the thing is sold out everywhere anyway. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: August 9, 2021, 10:19 AM »
This makes me nervous for the General Merrick X-wing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 9, 2021, 11:01 AM »
I think that one will be fine.  Big price tag.  Less popular character.  No reason to collect 6 of them...

If they don't dramatically underproduce them and you're willing to pay full price, you'll be able to get one.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 9, 2021, 12:01 PM »
I have no problem paying retail for this....seeing as it's about $120 is I recall correctly.  It's just becoming tougher to get store exclusives....the internet was supposed to make it easier for us instead it helps the scalpers in a lot of cases!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 9, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Wonder how many d-bags will pre-order, snag the Merrick, then return the ship to a brick and mortar?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 9, 2021, 12:28 PM »
Wonder how many d-bags will pre-order, snag the Merrick, then return the ship to a brick and mortar?

I'll take the over.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 9, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Definitely checking the package before I purchase!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 9, 2021, 12:44 PM »

The worst part with that is that someone trying to return one with the wrong figure in it could just as easily be a person who bought one that was already swapped and really got scammed, as it could be the original scammer.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 9, 2021, 12:48 PM »

The worst part with that is that someone trying to return one with the wrong figure in it could just as easily be a person who bought one that was already swapped and really got scammed, as it could be the original scammer.

Remember the Episode 1 Queen's Starship where people just cut out the R4 droid?  Good times!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 9, 2021, 01:48 PM »
That astromech was visible. Can you imagine someone keeping this vehicle sealed, opening it or re-selling it in a few years and only finding out then the figure is missing? Or worse, the figure is missing and the vehicle replaced?

Whether I find it online or brick-and-mortar, I'm also checking immediately.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: August 9, 2021, 05:52 PM »
Thanks to two fellow MN collectors tipping me off, I was able to pick-up a Retro Multi-Color Fett at a nearby Target today.  It was quite the rush this afternoon, nervously watching my Target app, wondering whether "ready for pick-up" or "cancelled" was going to pop up after "processing".

I went from wanting none to wanting to all six variants to just being happy to finally have one to display next to my multi-color Vader. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04 PM »
Just an add on to my original post in case anyone is still having trouble.  If you ordered and your order was cancelled, the Target system may have your account locked in a "pending" status.  I waited over 24 hours to place another order and still got the auto cancel.  I finally called Target and got through to someone who was able to reset my account, showing the system that I did not purchase one of these.  From there, I had to wait an additional 24 hours for everything to clear out, then was able to place an order and it actually went through!  I think you may get knocked out of pending status eventually by doing nothing, but every time you place an order that 24 hour clock resets on you.  I do know that some people have been able to get multiple in separate orders, but looks like you have to wait 24-48 hours to get another order in.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2021, 12:05 PM »
I went from wanting none to wanting to all six variants to just being happy to finally have one to display next to my multi-color Vader. :P

I'm still trying to get all 6, but definitely not loving all the hoops I've had to jump through to do it.

And..."Nataku?"