Author Topic: 2021 Disney SW Rainbow Collection R2-RN8W  (Read 6342 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Disney's R2-RN8W
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 09:15 PM »
Maybe the other people who bought there's for $28 didn't do so from same seller, but are you having any issues with the seller? The estimated arrival date for mine when I bought it was tomorrow. It was marked as shipped day I bought it but still hasn't made it to the PO. When I asked yesterday he said he didn't have a good box for it until yesterday and that it had shipped. Still no update on shipping tonight. I'm in no rush to get it but hate when sellers dawdle and then give you run around answers.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 12:19 AM »
I’ve had a couple purchases recently where it is marked shipped but not sent for several days.  Same kind of setup you probably have where the guy might not even possess it yet he has sold it and marked it as shipped.  Mine have all turned out okay but it still bugs.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 01:22 AM »
Maybe the other people who bought there's for $28 didn't do so from same seller, but are you having any issues with the seller? The estimated arrival date for mine when I bought it was tomorrow. It was marked as shipped day I bought it but still hasn't made it to the PO. When I asked yesterday he said he didn't have a good box for it until yesterday and that it had shipped. Still no update on shipping tonight. I'm in no rush to get it but hate when sellers dawdle and then give you run around answers.

Because you mentioned it I looked into mine, which was a $28 one also. He generated a tracking number the day I bought mine too, it is scheduled tobe here by Friday, but when I track it the post office is still waiting for item.

I sent him a message asking why it hasn't been received at the post office yet and his reply was "idk. I don't work there."

So I asked him flat out in a follow-up if he had taken it to the post office already, and he quickly replied that he has. Supposedly he is going to ask the post office tomorrow what happened to it.

I run my business through the mail, and while I've dealt with a lot of crazy things through the USPS in the last 6 months, when I drop off a package it gets scanned in that day. Hundreds of times, without fail. When packages stop getting scanned for tracking it is usually en route. So I don't know that I take this guy's story at face value...but it's not like I'm worried about being ripped off or anything either. It is just slimy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 02:35 AM »
Totally unrelated to figures but related still to eBay, I’m getting a lot of people who make tracking info but it never actually ships.  I wait till the estimated time is up and then file a claim.  I’ve had to file more claims this year than I’d filed in all the time I’d been on eBay combined.  I don’t know wtf is up but people are being chodes on eBay anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 08:35 AM »
Yeah the shipped notification happens when you print the label, not when it’s at the post office.  Some people know this and take advantage, then blame the post office.  The best you can do is give lower ratings when filling out all the 5-star options when giving feedback. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 07:17 PM »
Yeah I get my $ back and then 1 Star them and out the scam in comments.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 07:58 PM »
It was processed through his home PO today so at least it's on its way now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 08:56 PM »
I've been using eBay for 20 years now and I don't think I've ever had someone not mail me what I ordered.  I can't recall it every happening.  Maybe I'm just lucky?  It's not like I don't use it, I have a 1600 feedback rating at this point...

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 09:12 PM »
I don't want to admit my rating, but I've had numerous occasions where items aren't sent. It's especially frustrating when it's something rare or an item I've won for a good price. So this would have been more about principle than it being difficult to buy another at same cost. I also don't buy the Park exclusives if not for cost typically so that just added to my annoyance.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 11:13 PM »
It was processed through his home PO today so at least it's on its way now.

Same here, I am almost positive we must have ordered from the same guy.

I heckled him a bit this morning, reminding him to check up on my package today and warning him I would follow up with eBay if this thing isn't en route like he was claiming. His response was to tell me he would go to the post office and have them recall the package so he could refund me and not deal with me. I don't even know if that's a real thing you can do, but I told him I was only interested in a refund if he was admitting he hadn't sent it yet. He doubled down on his story that it was already mailed out and got even more pissy about it.

It finally got accepted at his local post office just after that. I sent him a snarky message about that amazing coincidence, and he snarked back. Eventually he called me a crybaby and I responded that he was a lying liar who lies. He finally told me he was going to go through with "recalling" the package (which he said he had tracked to Texas somehow in the 4 hours since it had arrived at his California post office) and refunding my money to cancel the sale. Neither of which has happened yet, but eh, who knows? It looks like there are plenty out there to buy now, so either way will work for me.

It just rankles me that he printed the shipping on Friday and didn't ship it til Wednesday, then pawned it off as a post office error. It feels to me like he took the sales he made and used that money to buy the figures afterward. And that's not in and of itself a bad thing as long as it is done in good faith. I keep my own costs down by only printing and assembling an item I sell after it has sold. But I tell the buyer that is what is happening up front, disclose a 3-5 day handling time in the listing, and only print the label to start the tracking when I am going to put it in the mailbox. Maybe I took it too personal because he was "cheating" to get better seller ratings than I can by playing straight? I dunno.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:26 PM by Muftak »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2021, 07:22 PM »
I've been using eBay for 20 years now and I don't think I've ever had someone not mail me what I ordered.  I can't recall it every happening.  Maybe I'm just lucky?  It's not like I don't use it, I have a 1600 feedback rating at this point...

I buy from a lot of Chinese or Chinese resellers in the US.  The Chinese based sellers I find are super reliable.  The Chinese US based resellers, outlets, or whatever, used to be reliable, but it’s them I’m having issues with now.  One cancelled my order outright and recently, one sent a tracking via DHL that basically showed nothing traceable and even EBay was perplexed.  That one I got a refund.  Then something similar happened with another...  then another never even sent tracking information or anything.  They don’t even respond to eBay once I open a case and contact them.  It’s weird.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2021, 07:24 PM »
Btw you can’t “recall” a package from usps.  That’s not a thing lol.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Btw you can’t “recall” a package from usps.  That’s not a thing lol.

Yep, just another one of his lies. It amazes me that he would want to be so petty with a customer, but maybe he hates his life of selling Disney Park exclusives on eBay?

Anyway the package showed up yesterday, though it should have arrived last Tuesday. It's done, and I love that droid, it is over the top and perfect.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2021, 11:34 AM »
That seller is a clown who's trying to work the eBay system.  eBay policy says that items should ship within a certain period of time following the sale.  I think that's around 2 - 3 business days.  Most likely the sale happened and for some reason he couldn't follow through with shipping the order within eBay's shipping window.  So he prints the label within that timeframe, but takes his sweet time getting it to the USPS for dropoff.  The longest amount of time I might take from a sale to shipping is 2 - 3 days, and that's only if the sale happens after the USPS closes on Saturday and it's a holiday weekend.  It's rare, but it has happened.

The tracking data on the USPS app will tell the tale.  I just sold a POTF2 CommTech R2-D2 with holographic Leia on eBay.  It sold on Friday night, and I shipped it out yesterday.  Looking at the tracking data for that item, it shows me when the shipping label was created (6:53 AM) and when it was accepted by USPS (3:19 PM).  And I don't even use costly shipping.  You get all of that info from sending a First Class package via USPS.  If there's no acceptance scan?  Then the guy is full of ****.

If he would have been honest I wouldn't think it was a big deal.  But lying is just inexcusable - especially when it's such a blatant, dumb lie.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 11:40 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2021, 09:47 PM »
You are exactly right Nick--and I had fun poking every hole in his excuses when 5 days after he supposedly dropped it off it coincidentally got its acceptance scan at the post office after I got on him about it.

Oh well. I will have to settle for not leaving him any feedback, he is one of those retaliators who gives a negative for a negative (or a neutral) by the looks of his record. And calls people names like  "bipolar case" in that negative feedback. A real winner indeed.