Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)  (Read 9757 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 21)
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2021, 04:09 PM »

It's been insane.  I found the whole IG-11 wave, and have bought pairs of Jawas 2 or 3 different times.  I don't know how to handle it.

Oh yeah sure you did.  Probably out shopping with Santa and the Easter Bunny, right? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2021, 07:24 PM »
I bought another Offworld Jawa tonight at the little Target by my house. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2021, 05:30 PM »
My four Wave 6 figures from Hasbro Pulse showed up today. For some reason the figures were spread across three different boxes, and two figures had rather dinged up cards. All the boxes came from the PCA Pulse Atlanta warehouse.

I just don't get why they don't just pack it into one box... or why that is apparently so hard.  ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2021, 06:16 PM »
A lot of us have wondered this and I do hope it comes up on a Q&A Hasbro holds with fan sites every now and then. It just seems so wasteful.

After seeing an episode of -- I believe -- UnderCover Boss, where one of the sites was of a warehouse fulfillment center, I do think it comes down to efficiency. Product can be housed at different areas of a warehouse and different buildings. The cost of the time to consolidate items and ship them in one package likely exceeds their discounted shipping rates.  Automation requires a lot of expensive machinery and software. Even with a corp as sophisticated as Amazon, I've received split orders days apart from the same location.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2021, 04:58 PM »
A lot of us have wondered this and I do hope it comes up on a Q&A Hasbro holds with fan sites every now and then. It just seems so wasteful.

After seeing an episode of -- I believe -- UnderCover Boss, where one of the sites was of a warehouse fulfillment center, I do think it comes down to efficiency. Product can be housed at different areas of a warehouse and different buildings. The cost of the time to consolidate items and ship them in one package likely exceeds their discounted shipping rates.  Automation requires a lot of expensive machinery and software. Even with a corp as sophisticated as Amazon, I've received split orders days apart from the same location.

I get that its more "efficient" for a company to mail out these things individually, but is it more responsible?  If I order ten times a year with an average of 5 items per order, I expect to be getting a package about every month. Ten cardboard boxes and some packing material, ten trips for the post office.  Instead, I'm getting 50 different packages, about one per week.  That's 50 boxes of cardboard laying around instead of 10 and 50 visits from the delivery guy instead of 10.  How is that good for the post office or the seller or me or anyone?  What a waste. 

Its funny, I used to want companies to divide things up so I didn't have to wait so long for preorders or backordered stuff.  Now, I feel happy about grouping shipments together.  I just placed an order from BBTS using their pile of loot, so they'll hold onto my 2 instock items and send them with the 2 preorder items when they arrive in a few months. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2021, 05:28 PM »

I get that its more "efficient" for a company to mail out these things individually, but is it more responsible?  If I order ten times a year with an average of 5 items per order, I expect to be getting a package about every month. Ten cardboard boxes and some packing material, ten trips for the post office.  Instead, I'm getting 50 different packages, about one per week.  That's 50 boxes of cardboard laying around instead of 10 and 50 visits from the delivery guy instead of 10.  How is that good for the post office or the seller or me or anyone?  What a waste. 

Its funny, I used to want companies to divide things up so I didn't have to wait so long for preorders or backordered stuff.  Now, I feel happy about grouping shipments together.  I just placed an order from BBTS using their pile of loot, so they'll hold onto my 2 instock items and send them with the 2 preorder items when they arrive in a few months.

I like the option to bundle up items, even though I understand etailers shipping things out as they come in, it can be horribly inefficient.

As far as fan site Q&A's go, I like them and dislike them at the same time.  We do get some questions answered, but none of the ones I've seen will ask tough questions because they won't be invited back.

I'd be willing to go out in a blaze of glory if my youtube channel was big enough!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2021, 12:14 PM »

I hear ya. But we all know responsible gets pushed aside for self-interest in the corp world, or is slow-going when they do cross paths. I do give Hasbro credit for their 12-yr path to less wasteful packaging.

I did similar to you with my BBTS order. And after staring at a stack of 12 collapsed boxes that arrived in a 3 week span, mostly for toy purchases, i had to push the laptop away for a few 'limited deals' on amazon knowing that they'd be arriving separately even if i requested they ship on my prime delivery day.