Author Topic: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)
« Reply #60 on: May 4, 2022, 02:29 PM »
Paint app looks really sharp. At the end of the day it is just another clone repaint, but at least this one has some story meaning. I LOVED that whole arc in the final season of TCW. Even not loving the figure base I am still maybe in for 10-12 of these guys.

I wonder if they will ever put these and some 501st clones in an army building set?
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 4, 2022, 04:58 PM »
At the end of the day it is just another clone repaint, but at least this one has some story meaning. I LOVED that whole arc in the final season of TCW.

Did it tug on your heart-strings?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: May 4, 2022, 05:46 PM »
At the end of the day it is just another clone repaint, but at least this one has some story meaning. I LOVED that whole arc in the final season of TCW.

Did it tug on your heart-strings?

It tugged 'em real good.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 5, 2022, 12:28 PM »
Paint app looks really sharp. At the end of the day it is just another clone repaint, but at least this one has some story meaning. I LOVED that whole arc in the final season of TCW. Even not loving the figure base I am still maybe in for 10-12 of these guys.

I wonder if they will ever put these and some 501st clones in an army building set?

I hope they do.  As for the officer?  I'm hoping that they would make Captain Vaughn.  He's got that helmet that's similar to the one worn by Cody.  But I think Hasbro would want to give the basic carded figure a decent run at retail before they offer the 4-packs.  So maybe in 2024?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: May 5, 2022, 01:01 PM »
Amazon link for 332nd ->  https://amzn.to/3vZUtOQ

#sponsored
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2022, 11:38 AM »
I thought I asked this somewhere but I don’t see it in this thread and can’t remember…

In the Clone Wars cartoons, was the Mandalorian Super Commando Captain a single character or were there bunches of them?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2022, 06:24 PM »
I feel like he is NOT unique, but I can't find much solid reference on him to confirm that 100%. The cardback is the distinct picture of him I can find and it appears to be a Hasbro creation. Most of the shots I could find from the cartoon had a bunch of the more generic super commando design, or the female super commandos (which I hope we also get in figure form someday). I never could actually find the captain design in the cartoon. (I think someone mentioned that he might show up in the sewers behind Maul at one point. This guy is definitely not supposed to be Gar Saxon either (who I also want).

I do really like the design though, and we never see his face. So for my purposes I am going to pretend he is more of a generic commander and just get a few of him.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10 PM »
Yeah I couldn’t quite figure it out on Wookipedia too.  The write up there refers to the Mandalorian Super Commando Captain as “he” and not they… which made me start thinking ordering more than one for the shelf would be a waste and inaccurate.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2022, 03:25 AM »
Just got an email notice from Amazon that Figrin D'an will be shipping next week:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 03:26 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2022, 10:48 AM »
Same.  And I just got a shipping notice for Mandalorian Super Commando Captain’s.  Looks like maybe supply chain stuff is speeding up because I think both of those were expected in November originally.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 10:25 PM »
Got all of them today… 6 captains,7 band members…

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 11:41 PM »
Got 3/5 of my Figrins today, the other 2 are due tomorrow.  My SuperCommandoCaptain got punted from this Friday 8/19 to next Friday 8/26 though for whatever reason.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2022, 02:07 AM »
Figrin’s ball jointed neck doesn’t stay socketed very well. Both of the ones I have opened so far his head immediately fell off, it seems like either the post isn’t long enough or the hole is really tight and it is hard tell if it is in all the way… Ahem.  >:D

He’s a great figure otherwise though. My orders were all split up with different vendors, so I am still waiting on the Super Commando Captain.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 02:07 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2022, 05:30 AM »
Entertainment Earth is processing my case order, but not any of my individual figure orders from this wave.

And is it me, or does it seem like there's been a deluge of figures arriving within the past two months?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Figrin’s ball jointed neck doesn’t stay socketed very well. Both of the ones I have opened so far his head immediately fell off, it seems like either the post isn’t long enough or the hole is really tight and it is hard tell if it is in all the way… Ahem.  >:D

Yeah, that's what she said.  I mean, my Figrin D'an was like that too.  I was worried that I got a busted one, but its just a really weird design.