Author Topic: Walmart 2022 TVC Deluxe "World-Building" Box Sets  (Read 10121 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart 2022 TVC Deluxe "World-Building" Box Sets
« on: December 7, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Revealed at Today's "Bring Home the Bounty" - new TVC Deluxe Figure Sets

- Deluxe Imperial Stormtrooper w/E-web (Nevarro Cantina)
- Deluxe Incinerator Trooper w/Flame Effects and Grogu
- Deluxe Ahsoka Tano w/Poncho and Grogu

Pre-order tomorrow, 12/8 at 10am PT / 1pm ET.  No word on price yet...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 10:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart 2022 TVC Deluxe "World-Building" Box Sets
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Typical lazy Hasbro rehash nonsense.  Good grief.

Here are three figures you have already, one of which barely qualifies as an accessory, so we included him twice!

But wait, there’s more!  We included an e-web cannon that also might be old (?), a soft goods cape, owl and plastic flames. 

That’ll be $75 please.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 09:44 AM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2021, 09:52 AM »
I like them.  Not overly thrilled about the Incinerator trooper set, but there are plenty of people who had trouble getting these thanks to Walmart.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2021, 09:54 AM »
Here are three figures you have already, one of which barely qualifies as an accessory, so we included him twice!

In their defense, at least it looks like Grogu has new parts in each version.  Fire-Repelling Grogu has a new head and Ahsoka Grogu looks like he has a new arm and possibly a new head.

I get the "lazy repack" angle, but it's been a long time since an e-web was available.  And both the Incinerator Trooper and the E-Web trooper sets are obviously designed to go with the upcoming Nevarro Cantina set.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 7, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Mixed feelings about these.  It's a positive because of the return of a Deluxe assortment.  The choices for this rollout?  They're questionable.

I really like the Ahsoka with Grogu & Morai.  But this should have been offered in the format of the TVC build-up packs, like the Sith Trooper Armory pack or the Din Djarin (battle damaged) with the Child.  It doesn't merit a Deluxe release.

The Incinerator Trooper with Grogu?  This one is borderline because the flame accessories look so large that they wouldn't fit in the TVC basic figure package.

The Stormtrooper with E-WEB was overdue.  Especially since the E-WEB has been prominently features in The Mandalorian.  And I've been a proponent of this sort of set.  This should be the standard, and there are other items from The Mandalorian that should follow, like the hover sled E-WEB from Arvala 7 or the Tusken Balista.  Hasbro went for the layup here instead of taking a shot.  And frankly, for the rollout of a new assortment / "expression", they should have been shooting for the lights with something completely new.  Even if they had included something like the carrying case that the Stormtroopers unloaded the E-WEB from would have been that extra little bit of effort that would make this set shine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: December 7, 2021, 10:19 AM »
Wait...the E-Web is new, right? It looks more accurately scaled than the POTF2 one that's been stinking up our collections for years. I'm very excited about that one, and I'll buy several. The Ahsoka looks great, and I like the poncho being included.

I want the Force push Grogu from the Incinerator pack, but I don't feel like buying the pack just for him. I have like 4 Incinerator Troopers at this point.

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2021, 11:06 AM »
Wait...the E-Web is new, right? It looks more accurately scaled than the POTF2 one that's been stinking up our collections for years. I'm very excited about that one, and I'll buy several. The Ahsoka looks great, and I like the poncho being included.

It's definitely not the POTF2 one, but I thought there was another one within the last 10 years that had this kind of detail.  I could be wrong...

In their defense, at least it looks like Grogu has new parts in each version.  Fire-Repelling Grogu has a new head and Ahsoka Grogu looks like he has a new arm and possibly a new head.

I get the pack in bit, but I don't know that I'm swayed a bunch by Grogu having a few new body parts.  He's the size of a green bean, I don't know that it's a great place to put their effort. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2021, 11:55 AM »
I get the pack in bit, but I don't know that I'm swayed a bunch by Grogu having a few new body parts.  He's the size of a green bean...

You accidentally just made him sound even more adorable.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 7, 2021, 11:56 AM »
Looks like these are Walmart Exclusives.  $20.99 MSRP.   Here are product links for tomorrow -

- Imperial Stormtrooper (Nevarro Cantina)
- Incinerator Trooper & Grogu
- Ahsoka Tano & Grogu

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2021, 11:59 AM »
Thanks Jeff!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2021, 12:06 PM »
I guess it's a one-stop shop then with the TVC Mando with spiders, too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Ugh.  Walmart?  Really?

I appreciate the links Jeff!  Trying to add these to my list, but the current state of the listings won't let me do that just yet.

As for the $20.99 price point - do you remember the VC177 Mandalorian with Grogu being $17.99?  Because I do.  And that's about what the new Ahsoka should be selling for - $17.99 as a vintage collection build-up pack.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 12:37 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2021, 12:48 PM »
Echoing what everyone else has pretty much said... The sets looks really nice, but I am not thrilled at the idea of paying $63.00 for a few new accessories, and three figures I already have (or will have in the case of Asoka.) At least two of the figures are good army builders and the owl is admittingly a really cool inclusion, I always loved that motif in CW/Rebels/Mandalorian.

But, now I get to decide whether or not an owl, a squinting Grogu, some flames, and an eweb are really worth $60 to me...  ::)

I wonder if the card art / packaging above is final, or if these will more closely match the spider-set? Seems weird that they would be different since these are essentially the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 12:51 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2021, 01:26 PM »
I'm buying. I like the army builder / scene aspect. Price is fine. What pictures does hasbro have of the people being "forced" to buy these? Do I want an ongoing line where they produce 15 a year? Probably not. Hasbro must love suckers like me. Are we wishing the fig was all new? No figs and just accessories? Not made at all?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2021, 02:06 PM »
I find it incredibly tone deaf that they created a Deluxe TVC line, er I mean "expression," focused on the Mandalorian, and didn't make it the venue to release a Bluurg.

I do want the cannon. I want them to figure out how to get a Speeder Bike and Scout in this expression. But what I REALLY want to see is a Darktrooper with charging station, a Ferry Droid with Boat, you know, something new that they can throw on a TVC card later.