Author Topic: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals  (Read 9995 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals
« Reply #60 on: September 9, 2021, 01:34 PM »
The Emporer is up on Pulse.  But I think I might order a couple more IG-11's from Amazon.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 9, 2021, 01:48 PM »
I ordered all six new vintage from Pulse plus the Stormtrooper pack.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy and hopefully they will show up in good condition.  My last few orders from Amazon have had beat up packages. 

Retro Stormtrooper was easy to get on Target as well. Limit of two, so will be fun tracking down the other four.

I'm passing on Gamestop for now - I don't love the reissue stuff as much as I used to, but will probably nab it if I see it in person.  Their stuff has thankfully been a lot easier to find in stores lately.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: September 9, 2021, 02:00 PM »
I got most of the figures pre-ordered on Amazon, but am struggling to find The Emperor.  Anybody find him on Amazon or Target?

Has anyone found Palpatine on Amazon?  I managed to order the other 5 from there, but can't find that one.

I have not found TVC The Emperor on Amazon either yet...

Emperor now on Amazon - https://amzn.to/3DWFgS5
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2021, 10:21 AM »
Using Hasbro Pulse as a guide, I'm surprised none of the pre-order items put out there have sold out.  Did they up the quantity of items available?  Are these figures not as popular as anticipated?
 Did people go and purchase more cases of figures than the ala cart figure option? Interesting to see which of these are correct.

That being said, I'm willing to bet if they didn't limit the number of troop builder packs they would've probably sold out.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Using Hasbro Pulse as a guide, I'm surprised none of the pre-order items put out there have sold out.  Did they up the quantity of items available?  Are these figures not as popular as anticipated?
 Did people go and purchase more cases of figures than the ala cart figure option? Interesting to see which of these are correct.

That being said, I'm willing to bet if they didn't limit the number of troop builder packs they would've probably sold out.

I wish we had access to the production numbers.  I would think the way things have sold out the past few years, they're probably either making more or timing the pre-orders with production to allow them to make more if needed.  That 6" Endor set was a great example of how to do it: Offer up pre-orders for the first run of product to get it out there, then have another wave of unlimited pre-orders that you just convert to a production number once the preorder window closes. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 1, 2023, 11:53 AM »
What a steaming pile of **** they’ve revealed so far.  Reused Vader.  A Clone Trooper.  Another Target retro prototype.  A Starkiller reissue.  And a ROTJ Han Solo.  The only decent item is Piett, but you know they only did that to slap ten more heads on the sculpt and sell it to us over and over again. 

How horrifically boring. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 1, 2023, 12:03 PM »
I see that Pipeline reveals are (from yakface since I missed this):
- Luke Skywalker (BoBF, training outfit)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader (Battle-damaged) 2 pack
- Speeder Bike from Mandalorian
- The Mandalorian's N1 Starfighter.

So, mostly repaints here with some retooling and perhaps a new vehicle?

Also,
- Phase II Clone from Andor
- Phase II Clone Troop Builder 4-pack (Utapau) with Waxer being one
- The prototype is The Mandalorian
- Plus, I thought I saw a BoBF retro line, too.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 12:10 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 1, 2023, 12:54 PM »
Troop troop prototype repaint kitbash troop troop obi-wan vader.

I hate what they've done to this line.  Truly hate it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 1, 2023, 01:01 PM »
It's far from being interesting anymore.  The line has been pared down so much that Hasbro seems forced to hit only certain main characters and troopers now.  Piett is the outlier here, but then it's because Hasbro is going to start knocking out Imperial officers left and right thanks to the new tooling.

The rank badge thing is going to come back to haunt us.  I'm certain of it.  No doubt Hasbro will do some kind of presentation of him as Captain Piett and then Admiral Piett on TESB cards.  All because some costume designers for ROTJ didn't respect the continuity from TESB.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 1, 2023, 01:19 PM »
Sure, there weren’t new characters. But I love the new Phase II clone trooper (Andor).  And it’s being used for the trooper builder pack. The detail on Waxer’s helmet in that 4-pk makes it an absolute buy for me.

I would have picked up Han (new tooling above the waist) anyway but seeing it in his shrug pose -- I think that’s how I will display it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 1, 2023, 01:30 PM »

Rumor has it that Wal-Mart has dropped TVC from their planogram.  Maybe regular retail customers are starting to feel the same way.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 1, 2023, 01:32 PM »

Rumor has it that Wal-Mart has dropped TVC from their planogram.  Maybe regular retail customers are starting to feel the same way.

Chris from Bantha Skull posted an image of a Walmart planogram that didn't have any peg space for The Vintage Collection.  But planograms always come with a caveat, because not every store has the exact same planogram.

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 1, 2023, 02:32 PM »
Embarrassingly I admit I read this on jta's front page, but are there really going to be no pre-orders for any of this?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 1, 2023, 02:36 PM »
Walmart is going to have a preorder for their exclusive Black Series ARC Trooper Jesse.  But beyond that?  I don't think so.

The only preorder option that I think is open at this time is the TVC case with Cassian Andor in the Aldhani heist disguise.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2023, 02:41 PM »
So, if this is true, then does that mean the Original 96 line is dead?