Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 191695 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #825 on: January 2, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Made some decent finds today.  Picked up a BOGO Obi-Wan & Gungan pack plus some clearance WM Evolutions at half price.  Namely the Rebel Pilots and Imperial Pilots.  It's nice to get 6 really good figures for a deal like that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 3, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Found Snowspeeder Luke and the Bespin Guard at WM last night. They were the only two figs from that wave, and the last ones I'd expect to be left behind. Still no sign of the BOGO 2 packs in my area. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #827 on: January 3, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Found Luke Snowspeeder, Concept Snowtroooper, ICMG and Zuckuss at a Wal-mart. They had lots of good  BOGO, so I pcked up some for my boys.  Lots of CW figures too, plus, the Droid Factory sets still at full price!  17.00!  Passed on them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 4, 2010, 01:09 PM »
Found Luke Snowspeeder, Concept Snowtroooper, ICMG and Zuckuss at a Wal-mart. They had lots of good  BOGO, so I pcked up some for my boys.  Lots of CW figures too, plus, the Droid Factory sets still at full price!  17.00!  Passed on them.

Wowzas! Nice finds!

And the shelves were a total mess from Target Christmas after-shoppers. There was the remainder of the ANH wave scattered across the shelves, and 1 lone BOGO pack. Target is finally receiving the new BPs - except I couldn't find Resurgence of the Jedi. >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 4, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Went to a different Target store 1/4/010 and scored Kit Fisto/Geonosian set. Found 2 of the variant Ugnaughts, but they didn't have enough merit for me to buy one this day... although I know I probably won't see them again.  ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 5, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I scored a few of the Legacy bonus packs at Target today.  I cannot believe some of the figs they've included.  Got one with the kinda rare Ugnaught v2 and another with Slave Leia.  Of course, Target basic figure prices are $8.24 at my store, but that's still a nice bargain for two figs!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #831 on: January 5, 2010, 04:42 AM »
Yeah, I was shocked at some of the pairings.  I'd like to find more of the Scanner Techie and the Saurrin guy...  Honestly though, I'd like to find more in general as these aren't lingering here much.  Some of the crummier sets are (Bespin Han, etc.) but that's to be expected.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 5, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, some scanning tech freebies would really be nice.  I passed on the three Legends bonus packs I found - even at BOGO I can't find any use for them.  I nabbed six sets in all:

Slave Leia/Jedi Luke
Giran/Ewok 2pk
Nikto Gunner/Ugnaught
ARC Trooper/Nein Nunb
Major Panno/Neyo Trooper
Rancor Keeper/Scuba Trooper

Probably could have done without the last two, but they were hard to pass up at that price.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 5, 2010, 02:47 PM »

Major Panno/Neyo Trooper

Probably could have done without ... but they were hard to pass up at that price.

>:(
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 5, 2010, 03:24 PM »

Major Panno/Neyo Trooper

Probably could have done without ... but they were hard to pass up at that price.

>:(

You wound me Dressell - I wanted Panno, but had no need for the extra Neyo trooper as I bought a bunch of the Legends ones.   ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #835 on: January 5, 2010, 03:58 PM »
So you're turning down free figures now? Yikes!  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #836 on: January 5, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Wow, I'd have gone nuts with the Neyo/Panno sets if I saw them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 7, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Picked up a Resurgence of the Jedi BP at my local Target today.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 7, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Picked up the Rancor set at Target for half-price today.  I had always wanted to get this set, but didn't want to pay $50 for it.  This particular store still had three left after over a year out on the shelves.  Its a great set for $27 total, and I had a $25 gift card 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 7, 2010, 10:05 PM »
In my continued (possible mental illness induced) quest to have at least two of each Build-A-Droid, I've picked up the following in the last couple of weeks:

- a complete set of the WM Droid Factory wave - so I could have a second Dark Trooper
- a complete set of the ESB wave figures - so I could make a second HK-50
- Holographic Transmission Dooku & Yaddle/Evan Piell 2-packs - for the right arm and leg of the black RA-7 droid
- Rum Sleg, Clegg Holdfast, Queen Amidala, Holo Sidious & Obi-Wan Kenobi - to add to the torso part I have from my Gungan army builders to complete a second L8-L9

So now, the only B-A-D I don't have at least two of is C-3PX (and of course, I don't have any BG-J38s yet since that wave hasn't hit yet).

I keep checking my local WM hoping that either the Dewback or AT-ST go on clearance but no dice.

I am thinking about buying one of the Rebel Pilots evolution sets they have coming out so I could take my second openers of Jaina and Jacen and put them in Pilot uniforms. Has anyone tried the Corran Horn head on any of the Jedi bodies? I would love to be able to use the head of the second Horn figure I have to make a "Jedi" version of him.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!