Author Topic: Andor (Disney+)  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Andor (Disney+)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 11:22 AM »
I caught this little bit in the official site news blurb.  Here are some of the cast:

"...will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve OíReilly as Mon Mothma."

Glad to see Genevieve O'Reilly back in the mix.  I think she's added some depth to the Mon Mothma character.  And to think that she had the part in Revenge Of The Sith and got cut from the movie, but has parlayed it into voice acting on Rebels, a live action role in Rogue One and now this show, too!

Nice! I think O'Rielly does a great job as Mon Mothma, and I agree, it's nice to see some depth added to the character. She was such a non-character in ROTJ. And I can't get past the fact that she's just staring directly at Admiral Ackbar during his presentation, rather than the actual presentation like everyone else in the room. Is that the first time she'd seen an alien or something? Overall, if you told me she was high as **** during that whole briefing, I'd believe you.

On the topic, it would be great to see some development of Admiral Ackbar and the Mon Cal rebellion forces.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:29 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 03:32 AM »
I wonder when we are going to hear any more updates on Andor? We last saw the sizzle real and knew this was in production over a year ago. They have to be getting close at this point. Last I heard this was still the generic Mid-Late 2022 release. I hoping we get a release date for sometime for July-August, maybe a month or so after the Kenobi finale.  It feels like maybe Disney is going to wait a little bit to keep the focus on Kenobi before announcing anything official for Andor.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 10:29 AM »
The only things Iíve heard have been rumors. Among them is the fact that a second season is already approved and principal photography begins in the fall.  Thatís from a leak from one of the cast. 

Kenobi debuts at the end of May and is supposed to be 7 episodes, IIRC.  That puts it ending in mid July.  Thereís also the matter of the second season of The Bad Batch.  I thought I had heard it might be a summer release, but Iím not 100% sure. Based on all of that I could see Andor premiering in October. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 11:08 AM »
Don't forget Mando Season 3.  Have they announced a date on that?

I get the sense that Bad Batch can overlap with live action releases, which they don't want to overlap.