Author Topic: Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 41085 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Kenobi (Disney+)
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2020, 11:04 PM »
When this rumor first hit, it was speculated there would be some Flashbacks to the Clone Wars and some shots of Vader in the suit.

They start filming next month, I'm looking forward to this one!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Kenobi (Disney+)
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2021, 10:31 AM »
**added "spoilers" to the title as some of the casting will spoil characters appearing in the series...

Cast Pic from SW.com/Disney+ Twitter accounts

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Owen & Beru and more...  production begins in April!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:32 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenobi (Disney+) - (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Some interesting bits of rumors and conjecture that I've come across about the Obi-Wan Kenobi series?

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
Indira Varma is playing an Imperial officer (there are photos of her in uniform)
Character(s) from Rebels may be coming into play
Rupert Friend *MAY* be playing an Imperial officer (some people speculating that he might be playing Kallus)
Sung Kang might be playing an Inquisitor - possibly the Fifth Brother
Kumail Nanjiani has spoken a little bit about his part.  Would it be weird to think it's possible that he's playing an adult Kitster?
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 9, 2022, 06:01 PM »
May 25th.  I guess they chose the 45th Anniversary of ANH over a May 4th Holiday release.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 9, 2022, 06:13 PM »
So we'll probably get the Bad Batch season 2 on May 4th.  Seems anti-climactic, but the anniversary of the ANH release works for Kenobi.  Glad to have something definitive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 9, 2022, 08:12 PM »
Give me a real trailer you cowards.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2022, 06:54 AM »
I like the poster.  But I'm a little disappointed that we have to wait until the end of May for this series.

One cast member has been quoted as saying that the team on this show wants to the trailer to be PERFECT.  I get that - the characters involved here are monumental in the lore of Star Wars.  They get one chance to get this right.

There's a Disney shareholders meeting on March 9th.  I suspect that the trailer might be revealed there and released online shortly thereafter.  This has been a pattern that Disney has followed since acquiring Lucasfilm and the Star Wars IP.

The release schedule for the Star Wars Disney+ shows has been a point of concern ever since it was announced that there were 11 series in development.  But I think we're a way off from having Star Wars series stepping on each other.  And if The Bad Batch season 2 overlaps with Obi-Wan Kenobi?  I'd be genuinely shocked, because I think the Kenobi series is going to be promoted as the top show on the platform when it gets released.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2022, 08:17 AM »
I heard that there may be a trailer during the Superbowl.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2022, 05:23 PM »
One cast member has been quoted as saying that the team on this show wants to the trailer to be PERFECT.  I get that - the characters involved here are monumental in the lore of Star Wars.  They get one chance to get this right.

I can understand them wanting to get it right, but there's a saying among developers, "do not let perfect get in the way of good."  I have a feeling that they might be trying too hard at this point and it's going to make the hype train run out of control.  It could get to the point where the expectations will be so high that no one is going to to be happy.  If something like that happens the professional haters will have a field day and Disney is going to become more paranoid about giving us new content.  I want Disney to take risks, show us more of the Star Wars universe away from the main characters of the OT.  There's a lot of stories to be told and I want Disney to tell them.

Just give us a couple of teasers, don't spoil anything and let us see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2022, 10:15 AM »
I think this show should open with a de-aged Luke opening Obi-Wan's journals to lead into the story.  Clearly at some point Luke went back to Dagobah to collect Yoda's things (or he took them before leaving to face Vader).  It stands to reason he cleaned out Obi-Wan's belongings as well.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2022, 03:33 PM »
I think this show should open with a de-aged Luke opening Obi-Wan's journals to lead into the story.  Clearly at some point Luke went back to Dagobah to collect Yoda's things (or he took them before leaving to face Vader).  It stands to reason he cleaned out Obi-Wan's belongings as well.

I'm guessing we get two choppy episodes of Obi-Wan interacting with the tuskens and walking everywhere he goes.  Then the remaining episodes will focus on the Mandalorian and Grogu.    :D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2022, 10:04 AM »
I think that the last piece is falling into place for a trailer.  I was really happy to see the news that John Williams had composed the main soundtrack theme for “Obi-Wan Kenobi”, and the recording session for that was under high security. 

VARIETY:  John Williams Returns to ‘Star Wars’ Universe with ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Theme (EXCLUSIVE)

I think Lucasfilm probably wants to let the audience take a breath after TBOBF.  And I think there might also be a Disney Gallery episode about the making of TBOBF.  And that gives LFL a little time to incorporate the new score theme into a trailer.

Feedback

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 9, 2022, 09:08 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 9, 2022, 12:05 PM »
Coincidentally the Disney shareholders meeting starts at 1 PM ET today.  Trailers have debuted at that meeting in the past, and it is entirely possible that the Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer might be revealed at that event.  Check YouTube around 2 pm ET / 1 pm CT.

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: March 9, 2022, 12:11 PM »
I was very excited to see the Grand Inquisitor (and the Inquisitors in general) have been confirmed to be in Kenobi! Hoping we get the trailer today too!
"This is the way."