Author Topic: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset  (Read 9028 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset
« on: June 22, 2020, 03:15 PM »
Photos at Yak Face's Instagram. 

I appreciate that there's a new TVC item, and that it's a display piece / playset at that, but, it doesn't look like much.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:16 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 04:05 PM »
I think it's pretty cool.  But it needs a dark backdrop around it and the orange lighting that will add to the atmosphere of the scene.  I'm actually looking forward to getting two of them to put together.  But it leaves me wondering if you can attach the one side of the main deck but forego attaching the staircase.  That might take up a good deal of space.

As for the figure?  I'm semi-disappointed.  I usually like troopers.  But it seems like Hasbro wants to keep cashing in on Stormtroopers.  A Bespin Guard that looks like the guard on the vintage Kenner card would have been a cooler pack-in.

All of that being said, I'm curious to see what Muftak cooks up for Cardboard Galaxy to accentuate the scene!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 04:50 PM »
All of that being said, I'm curious to see what Muftak cooks up for Cardboard Galaxy to accentuate the scene!

Me too! ???

That thing gets huge with both staircases attached (and I am in the camp that would display it with only one staircase if that is an option...that was how they built the movie set, though they implied with reverse angles that both staircases were there.)

I would almost want a wrap-around backdrop, and something to cover the peg-legs so the main platform looks like a solid unit. But they might've made it too big for me to do anything cost-effective to help it out!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 05:20 PM »
I would almost want a wrap-around backdrop, and something to cover the peg-legs so the main platform looks like a solid unit. But they might've made it too big for me to do anything cost-effective to help it out!

Yeah, I also feel it's lacking something, too.  I'd be happy just to have something that wraps around the base... and maybe a bit of the stairs.  I think I might add some lights under mine.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Yeah it feels incomplete, like a piece of something bigger and better.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 05:31 PM »
Looks interesting, but I can't see replacing my POTJ one with this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 05:31 PM »
It needs an overhead contraption with pipes and conduits hanging off of it...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Personally, I'm excited as can be.

10 or 15 years ago, I think that I would have been very vocal and opinionated on the design. 

Older me feels like this is perfect for my needs and I think it's a smart approach by Hasbro.  I'm happy with how this looks and hope it's possible that you can attach a 3rd set with steps to expand on it more.  I do worry a little that the rail things might get warped.

Overall a good item and nice to see.  I also am a little intrigued if this approach could work for Palpatine's throne room in ROTJ.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 07:02 PM »
Overall a good item and nice to see.  I also am a little intrigued if this approach could work for Palpatine's throne room in ROTJ.

SIGN ME UP

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 11:15 PM »
I dig it. But not  fan of the Stormtrooper, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 11:52 PM »
I dig it. But not  fan of the Stormtrooper, though.

God forbid Hasbro put out some NEW original trilogy figures.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 12:02 AM »
God forbid Hasbro put out some NEW original trilogy figures.

What? They threw you a bone with their hastily-cobbled-together digital art of a forthcoming kitbashed Bespin Escape Leia figure that they would absolutely swear to you was not finalized over the weekend!

So ungrateful!!   ;D

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 12:08 AM »
That's nice display piece. Would be cool if two hemispheres are made to connect.

So in the last 18 months we've gotten 3x Han carbonite to 6x (??) TROS Vintage Collection?  ???

edit: Just read Adam Pawlus' page -- multiples sets can inter-connect. But his wording suggests it's not the pit platform.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:27 AM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 09:20 AM »
That's nice display piece. Would be cool if two hemispheres are made to connect.

So in the last 18 months we've gotten 3x Han carbonite to 6x (??) TROS Vintage Collection?  ???

edit: Just read Adam Pawlus' page -- multiples sets can inter-connect. But his wording suggests it's not the pit platform.

It is the pit platform. There  are pictures showing two sets making a whole platform.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 10:58 AM »

Me too! ???

That thing gets huge with both staircases attached (and I am in the camp that would display it with only one staircase if that is an option...that was how they built the movie set, though they implied with reverse angles that both staircases were there.)

The distance from the main platform to the top of the stairs and the back of that upper platform seems pretty significant.  Part of me wishes that they would have included the light tunnel beneath that upper platform.  But the realist in me is happy that this thing is happening at all!

One detail that I didn't notice before about the Stormtrooper?  A holster!  Whether or not it's functional remains to be seen.  But it does seem to be the one significant difference between this trooper and the Rogue One version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback