Author Topic: Bad Batch (Disney+)  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Bad Batch (Disney+)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26 PM »
I'm enjoying the show so far.  The second episode was a bit on the slow side, but we're still in the set up stage so it's forgivable.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 02:44 AM »
Was able to watch this last weekend and it’s ok...  I wasn’t hyped for it like I maybe should be but it’s ok so far for me.  I’m excited to see where it goes...  on the Padawan, at first it didn’t click but the voice was.... odd.  Familiar I guess but didn’t match the kid and stuff and it then clicked.  I liked clone wars fine but had my complaints and I feel this show will be similar for me.  Episode two was def slower feeling. 

I liked seeing that dude again though...  wondered what happened to him but I couldn’t recall if there’s a reason we already knew that the Bad Batch knew of him and where he was. I feel like I’m forgetting that we saw that, at some point. 🤔

Love their ship...  loved seeing they’re outcasts even among clones.  Omega is fine to me...  I mean, as widely different as the BB are themselves, I figure a female Jango is by no means absurd, haha. 

And of course I’ll be miffed we don’t get a set of figures of the group. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 10:30 AM »
I liked the Clone Wars storyline about Cut Lawquane.  With an army of millions of clones who the Kaminoans said were taught to think creatively, that some would turn (like in the first season) or that others might desert.  But I also had the same thought - how would the Bad Batch know about him?

I also like the idea of Omega.  I could tell early on that she was almost certainly a clone.  The accent alone seemed like a bit of a giveaway.  Besides, the Kaminoans made the members of the Bad Batch different from the "regs" with genetic modification.  Making a female clone would just be a matter of changing a couple of chromosomes, so why not?  Plus she seems to have other skills, too.

It's also interesting to see the introduction of the chain codes, as well as the starship registration.  Those are nice nods to plot elements that came up in The Mandalorian, but they were introduced in a way that seemed relevant  to this story.  And I'm guessing that the Imperial officer in the hologram who was talking about the codes is Vice Admiral Rampart.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 10:32 AM »
on the Padawan, at first it didn’t click but the voice was.... odd.  Familiar I guess but didn’t match the kid and stuff and it then clicked. 

It clicked for me when we finally saw his lightsaber.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 10:36 AM »
I also like the idea of Omega.  I could tell early on that she was almost certainly a clone.  The accent alone seemed like a bit of a giveaway.  Besides, the Kaminoans made the members of the Bad Batch different from the "regs" with genetic modification.  Making a female clone would just be a matter of changing a couple of chromosomes, so why not?  Plus she seems to have other skills, too.
My guess is that she will be force-sensitive, perhaps the result of using the genetics of a Jedi combined with clones.  Leads us right to Grogu.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 11:32 AM »
My guess is that she will be force-sensitive, perhaps the result of using the genetics of a Jedi combined with clones.  Leads us right to Grogu.

I really hope you're wrong.  I'm hoping that she's got some sort of knowledge on cloning or something along those lines.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 02:07 PM »
The headband/jewelry Omega wore is reminiscent of things worn by Shaak Ti and Ahsoka.  And Shaak Ti was assigned to oversee training on Kamino.  Little hints like that do make you wonder. 

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 02:31 PM »
Maybe Omega is Rey's mom?   >:D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 02:37 PM »
Not sure why they just didn't make Omega a male, but I guess they might be trying to appeal more broadly to viewer demographics.

In my previous post, I linked to McMetal's comment because I had the same thought when I saw Omega -

a pointless, annoying kid character thrown into the mix

Yeah, pretty much what I expected...a basic plot device to screw things up and add levity. I get they want kids to watch but the older I get it seems less whimsical and more grating.

I like the series fine overall, just wish it was a little less of her.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 02:44 PM »
I enjoyed both episodes so far. Glad to have some new SW, but I think live action Star Wars TV has ruined me ever being as into animated SW.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2021, 09:00 PM »
Maybe Omega is Rey's mom?   >:D

[NEEDLE.gif]
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2021, 11:11 PM »
It was fun having "her" in the episode.
I need a figure of the little maintenance droid.
But otherwise that was an ugh episode for me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14 AM »
It's kind of interesting to see these guys on the run.  They kind of fit in, but at the same time they don't.  And this transitional period from the Republic to the Empire definitely makes for some confusion.

I agree, it was definitely good to see "her" in the episode.  And even better that it's the same actor providing the voice.  I'm curious about who she's working for, especially considering the bounty.  Could it be the Kaminoans?

So far the show seems very much like a continuation of Clone Wars.  And considering that's precisely where all the characters came from it probably should.

The Walrusman nod was very fun.  And the droids?  Definitely some good comic relief along with Echo.   I'm kind of hopeful that Disney will offer some of those droids in one of their 4-packs.  Although I'm also hopeful that they might do a droid multipack from The Mandalorian first, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2021, 06:17 PM »
I'm enjoying the show so far.  Fennic Shand this week was cool.  I have a feeling it's the Kaminoans who hired her to bring her back.

I like how the Bad Batch are on the run, and they're not used to this and they have to figure it out as they go.  They are also making mistakes, which is something you would expect.

The biggest reason I'm enjoying the show is because my oldest son and I are enjoying watching it together.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 06:45 PM »
I'm hoping the whole series doesn't revolve around Omega. 

I had hoped she would be an interesting plot driver and maybe some comic relief, but so far a lot of the show has been driven by her character. 

I'm hoping that it gets to be a bit more about the whole Bad Batch and getting Crosshair back in the fold.